/Obscure/

Lets have a thread where we give recommendations and discuss obscure movies.

I am pretty new to this so I don't know that many. Tetsuo: The Iron Man is the closest I can get to an obscure film. Whats your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/41858740
imdb.com/title/tt0105235/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Blass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_House_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=btmvCfmQeSM
youtube.com/watch?v=a8_qj5wA_4I
youtube.com/watch?v=iT6vqeL-ysI
imdb.com/title/tt2591378/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tetsuo ain't that obscure imho. Still one of my favorite films of all time

what did they mean by all the gay shit at the end?

>Tetsuo ain't that obscure

I know but its the most obscure movie I know about and that should tell you something. I need more like this. Just weird little indie movies from whenever.

>what ever the fuck you just posted
>obscure

Pretty obscure.

Good movie.

Fits your qualification AND perfect Sup Forums fare

That scene from Tetsuo where the Metal Fetishist inserts metal into his open wound still gets me to this day.

I DARE you to find a more obscure film

You're memeing, right?

hello, summerfriend

Got your reference, pal. We are united.

It's sort of a low rent version of Solaris with a giant brain
Really trippy visuals though

Rango

Ichi the Killer
The Isle
Red, White & Blue
Badboy Bubby

Tetsuo sucked. However, the bum samurai was one of the best scenes in cinema history.

Deepsea Challenger Doco

checking these

Pic related, co-written by Luis Bunuel

>this newfaggotry

Wew

>Tetsuo
>obscure
Pick one

It's not really specifically rare internetwise, but Angst was pretty good

Hanno cambiato faccia 1971

The company of wolves.
Little weird gross movie.
Reeeeeaaaally liked it

You'd like this op

how about u fucking contribute u anus spunk bubble retard?

The Desert of the Tartars
Pretty good film, moody and philosophical, check it out.

Stinging, user: I figured if fucking Tetsuo was 'obscure' to Opie, Johnny Got His Gun would be also so I applied that logic to, hopefully, introduce a newfriend to some decent kino
Apologies for triggering your delicate sensibilities

People don't know enough about Italian arts and literature.
Buzzard (the writer of the novel that inspired the movie) it's a goddammit treasure

anyone see this? it's one of my favorite documentaries ever

Seconding this

get a KG account desu

Neither do I tbqh, I know a little Italian and try to find out more about Italian books, movies and comics.
By the way, would you happen to know any good Italian sites or blogs, mostly about cultural stuff?

Is this it?
vimeo.com/41858740

This looks lewd

Minima et moralia.
But it's in italian, user

Just read 900's Italian authors ( Pavese, Vittorino, Eco, Moravia, Montale) and watch Italian cult movies

I know its not obscure. Read the post again you massive fucking retard. I wanna get educated on real obscure cinema.

Thank you friend. The Italian general on Sup Forums did not help at all.
I don't mind if it is in Italian, it's slow reading but I enjoy it nonetheless. Currently I am reading Focault's Pendulum in Italian and English at the same time, it is too difficult to read in Italian alone. I've read some Baricco and Calvino. Thanks for the recommendations.

The ambassador

Here a danish documentary filmmaker posing to be a diplomat with false papers is riding in a boat with his two pygmees.

imdb.com/title/tt0105235/

French-Canadian (based on real life, but they changed the names) movie filmed in POV from the perspective of several different characters.

The movie is actually more "realistic" than the real life person they're taking the story from.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Blass

That guy was fucking badass.
>On October 1968, Richard Blass was injured by bullet shots to the head and back after being ambushed, alongside partner Claude Menard, inside a garage. The two were able to save their lives when Menard drove the car they were in through the garage's door, and Blass required hospitalization for his wounds. He refused to identify his attackers, a fact which may have led him to earn respect among Canadian mafia members.

That's not even the only time he was shot in the head and survived. The guy was called The Cat for a reason (The Frog in the movie version).

It's not an action movie though. But it's good and pretty obscure.

sounds interesting, thanks user!

watch more Bava you fucks

master of technicolor and black & white, I can never decide which I like more

>vimeo.com/41858740

yeah that's it

Stark crypto-documentary made by possibly the bismuthiest edgelord in no-budget extreme cinema
Despite my description, still worth a look

Black Sunday>>>>>BS

I've rec it a lot, and it's on tv sometimes, but plenty of people don't know about it:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_House_(film)

Really great movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=btmvCfmQeSM

just downloaded a 28 mbps bluray rip of Black Sunday, I'll probably have a grid for it later tonight

Reminder

Kung Fu is best girl

i dont remember this scene in Home Alone

Weirdly compelling trilogy of tumult from underground impresario Shane Ryan

Tears of Kali

youtube.com/watch?v=a8_qj5wA_4I

fucked up

He's not the best Mads, but he is a great Mads nonetheless. Red Chapel was good too.

>obscure

youtube.com/watch?v=iT6vqeL-ysI

Taxidermia.

Weird surrealist French movie from a while back. See it for a fore shooting dick. Great cinematography.

It's only a short film, but it's pretty obscure.

>French
lol

>Obscure = quality.
Kill yourself redditorboxd faggot

>Obscure = quality

No one said this, faggot.

>it's a things nobody said post

There's a lot of good french movies.

This was amazing, very comfy. Thanks user.

See Have a wonderful day!

Yes, it's a mainstream Hollywood movie, so not 'obscure' in the sense op requested; however, the passage of time may have rendered it less prominent and it's just as scathing a critique on the studio system as Altman's The Player and deserves to be seen on those grounds

Another Japanese film

Planet of Snail
Zorns Lemma
Adrift in Tokyo
My Joy

Not too obscure but that's the best I got

Bunker 6

canadian alternate timeline post-apo movie made with 25 cents and a rubberband. It's pretty good though. One location (a bunker duh) and only a few actors. You will see the ending coming a mile away, but it's still a good watch and pretty obscure.

imdb.com/title/tt2591378/

>summer
Ohayo, Reddit~

It's not French

10/10

Dealer by Benedek Fliegauf
Even Dwarfs stared Small by Werner Herzog,
i know Herzog isn't obscure but this is one of his earlier movies which seem to hardly get any attention.

Who else /last night at Marienbad/ here?

Marins generally desu

Electric Dragon 80.000 V

Marins movies are obscure even in Brazil. A shame, they are very good, people just know his characther Ze do Caixão (for us) Coffin Joe (for you)

This shit is very hard to find, even in torrents. Never watched the sequel, the torrent is stoped at 94.7% for 4 years now.

its online you pleb

Don't you mean Last Year at Marienbad?
If so, it's really not obscure

it's on bakabt ,with a separate torrent for the OSTs you baka

Watching this now, cheers user

Reddit the thread

>says the Christfag

You mad, Brah?
Maybe this will help.

not obscure

clean, shaven is bretty gud

hal hartley is an acquired taste. took me a couple of his movies to get into him. he is an excellent filmmaker

more like 6.5/10

Love that movie, I watch it often.

It's a shame that more people don't know it, but then again the theme is heavy

Here's a good one that I never see brought up here.

fuck yeah, mang.

have you tried watching it with a nice pair of headphones? i have a set of DT770s, the audio in it is spectacular

Would recommend anything by Tsukamoto really. His style of film making in Tetsuo is prevalent in all his works (bordering on abstract imagery, usage of titles, hand made FX, camera movements to reflect mood and strong colour balancing) so if you liked it in Tetsuo/II, you'll love his other works. Recently picked up Tokyo Fist on blu-ray, shit's great.