I don't get it

Figured I'd give this a fair few listens, gave it 8 plays through and I don't really see the appeal. I mean they don't mess around with the first track (Hooch), and I do quite like some of the later tracks, particularly Copache and Spread Eagle Beagle, though I don't really see why this is considered so good. Perhaps its because I'm not much of a metal fan and know next to nothing about grunge, could someone please enlighten me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ui3svmpyZ9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Perhaps its because I'm not much of a metal fan and know next to nothing about grunge
Wow thanks for answering your own question tardmuffin

for me personally, it's a sizable leap from what was going on before the release of that album. not to mention the influence it directly had on some of my favorite music growing up.

>tardmuffin
lol are you a 7th grader

This is one of their bad albums. You started in the wrong place. Listen to lysol and stoner witch.

what kind of fucking piece of shit comes away from this album thinking Spread Eagle Beagle was the best track?

they were literally just trolling people like you with shit like that because they knew they could get away with it. there's always one moronic pseud willing to pretend something clearly retarded has depth and meaning

Really? I really liked the percussion, reminded me a bit of Flowers of Romance. Though I suppose for a casual it is nice to have a break after all else. On my 9th listen and Night Goat is really growing on me, to be fair a lot of the album is.

why are you so mad lol
OP has already conceded he doesn't understand a lot of the album. what makes you think he's pretending to like one of the tracks? are you projecting? are you autistic? all of the above?

Night Goat is the GOAT. When I saw them last year I completely lost track of what they were playing after about 20 minutes, think it was mostly newer shit (not that it really mattered, it was loud and heavy and fun) but after an hour of not really knowing what was going on, they did Night Goat and the room went apeshit.

Melvins are baby's first sludge metal anyway so don't get too invested. This album is much better and holds up after repeated listens.

spread eagle beagle isnt a troll track, i like everything from melvins, the new albums, buzz's acoustic album (ive not heard the new crystal fairy thing though) and they have plenty of weird stuff like that and its great

I don't think I "get" sludge metal
this just sounds really generic and not heavy enough to deserve its incredibly edgy cover art.
I think I'll just keep listening to doom.

dont listen 2 the acid bath guy. acid bath is edgy nu metal garbage.
listen to gluey porch treatments by melvins for good sludge metal, thats probably their heaviest or most sludge metal-y release, ozma is also similar.
melvins arent really metal though, listen to the song at the stake from the stoner witch album. and the whole lysol album, those are more doomy. also their newer more beefheart-y sounding weird rock stuff like the bride screamed murder album is brilliant and all over the place stylisticly

I hear you dude, I was siting there like "wow I thought I knew melvins songs", night goat was on point.

theres nothing really to get dude. some people are just attracted to the sludgy sound. doom is better anyways. probably a silly question but have you ever listened to stuff by Alice in Chains?

Also, you should check out Misanthropic Alchemy by Ramesses. here's a good track:
youtube.com/watch?v=ui3svmpyZ9E

Night Goat is GOAT Melvins

>>>>>>>>acid bath
honestly die

I get that some tracks are hard to listen to, but thats kind of their thing. Personally, I think Bullhead is their best album, real heavy and so good

this

>listens to an album he clearly doesn't like 8 times
>8 times
>"I'm just not getting it guys!"

I liked

>9th listen and starts to kind of like Night Goat

there's a fine line between giving albums a chance to grow on you and having some kind of musical stockholm syndrome. OP crossed that about 6 listens ago

get out

this ain't a pleb board

stoner witch if fucking garbage

>"Melvins are baby's first sludge metal"
>posts fucking Acid Bath
if not b8, literally kill yourself

If you don't get it, don't listen to it

Spent pretty much all the day listening to it. Honestly this is getting very enjoyable, feel it still drops off a bit during the middle (though I do like Sky Pup).

What harm can a few more listens do, I remember hating TMR at first and that grew on me over time, I'll admit more after the 4/5th listens though still it can happen.

>lists all the reasons why melvins are terrible as good things
>acid bath being nu-male

What planet do you live on

Doom metal is literally the most derivative genre in existence. Strange that it's considered it's own genre at all but that's how metalheads are with subgenres.

Listen to acid bath. Don't listen to memes.

>has shit opinions
>cant read
>is a faggot

I love this album and I'm trying to get more into Melvins, but why the hell does the last 12-13 minutes of this album exist?

it serves as a good outro?