youtube.com/watch?v=CBR7o1pg4iU
youtube.com/watch?v=zDRzDK8ZWYo
youtube.com/watch?v=mL2Bgj-za5k
youtube.com/watch?v=7VDkKWaps70
youtube.com/watch?v=f-85lY-T26s
youtube.com/watch?v=yfTmVednk_g
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2mbcDWXw9U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do you expect? I mean the majority voted exit.

Everyday you post this.
Everyday its proven wrong.
Everyday it will get serious replies.

This is the easiest board to troll.

That is correct.

This is early instrumental grime:
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ghY6sZt84

This is an MC that is regarded as one of the godfathers of grime:
youtube.com/watch?v=CBR7o1pg4iU

This is entirely correct though.

t. Germancuck

Why does it matter, grime is a waste of time and barely a genre in its own rights

t. Ahmed

>German
>cuck
oxymoron

When did Grime start? There's no way hip-hop has nothing to do with Grime. Do you expect me to believe that people were rapping over instrumentals in the 70's in America and that Brits didn't get the same idea until about twenty years later? And lets be honest, a majority of Grime fans are just people convincing them selves they like it because they think its cool, including Drake. Grime is kinda bad

MCing over an instrumental =/= Hip-hop

/thread

Again.

That's not what we're arguing. We're saying that most Grime music is more inspired by American Hip Hop than Jamaican MCing

It's clearly not though if you actually listen to it. Like it directly evolved out of uk garage and early dubstep, which featured MCs on top of the music in raves and on radio in continuation of dancehall tradition.

[citation needed]

Bristols Jamaican immigration heavily influenced d&b, jungle, trip hop and dub variations, the huge influx and influence was more than enough and most pioneers had Jamaican heritage.

And i suppose hip-hop is completely different than toasting then?

Hip hop is just American dancehall.

It was started by a Jamaican immigrant in the Bronx doing exactly the same dancehall music he was doing back in Jamaica, just with more breaks.

The reason you think that grime is influenced by hip-hop is because the most popular grime artists in the US (Skepta, Dizzee Rascal, Stormzy) sound like hip-hop. The reason they are popular in the US is exactly because they sound like hip-hop. The US mainstream has plucked a select few artists that sound like something familiar and assume that is what the whole of grime sounds like. It is not.

This is true.

Source: I was there.

That said grime artists also grew up listening to gangster rap so it has had an influence, just far less than dancehall and English club genres.

Im sorry but I dont listen to EDM

ITT:
>MY nigger rap music is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from YOUR nigger rap music

lel

there's more variation between different subgenres of hip-hop than between mainstream hip-hop and grime.

no1currs

>>>/suicide/

see:
Grime came directly from shit like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=zDRzDK8ZWYo
youtube.com/watch?v=mL2Bgj-za5k
youtube.com/watch?v=7VDkKWaps70
youtube.com/watch?v=f-85lY-T26s

what
herc was fucking 12 years old when he moved to bronx

and that's still hip-hop?

You serious? Germans are probably the biggest cucks next to Sweden and France.

Same origin and same influences; Jamaica.

>riddim

do people unironically say this?

this is literally hip-hop

No, its objectively not.

Care to elaborate?

See: This thread, the same one yesterday, the day before, the day before, the day before etc... where its been objectively proven every time.

jamaicans are virtually unknown outside of their funny rapping

american rappers took the jamaican formula and made it popular by turning it into hip-hop

riddle me this, if it was jamaicans who directly inspired grime then how come grime mc's don't sound like jamaican toasters but most of the time are closer to hip-hop rappers? hm?

You missed britcore in your set of links.

youtube.com/watch?v=yfTmVednk_g

>riddle me this, if it was jamaicans who directly inspired grime then how come grime mc's don't sound like jamaican toasters but most of the time are closer to hip-hop rappers? hm?
They do sound like Jamaican toasters though?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2mbcDWXw9U

can I screenshot this and sell it on eboy for $90000?

bump

I thought /k/ was the easiest board to troll