Hey Americans of Sup Forums, I have a question for all of you

Hey Americans of Sup Forums, I have a question for all of you.
I'm 19, from the UK and I've been offered a job in the USA, more details.
>pays $50k a year
>will be studying while working
>job is in Illinois
I wonna go tbh.

Other urls found in this thread:

city-data.com/city/Streamwood-Illinois.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck is the question mate?

Yeah, this.

Ask again later

That's not a question.

I'd learn what a question is before you fly over

My dumbass forgot to ask the fucking question, basically, should I take it or leave it?

Sounds like a gloat rather than a question.

OP is a faggot.

If you go to Chicago and its a gang job then you will be shot.

you should leave.

Or post tits.

uk lad here. Sounds like a pretty good deal user. just make sure that theres chance for promotion and more pay in future and that you'll get good skills. But just from your small context sounds like a decent deal.

Sorry lads, it's 2:43 in the morning and I'm sat in bed listening to the sound of my dog scratch the shit out of my door

If you don't have any better options and you're studying, then why not? Easy to travel in the states as well, and once you have a job here I would imagine it's a lot easier to move around.

Is there a direct path of advancement or does it dead end after a point? What's the cost of living there? Can you afford that with your salary after taxes? Is it in a field you like? Why not get the same job in the UK?

50k a year isn't very good after taxes and everything else you have to pay for. You'll live a VERY mediocre life here at best, not to mention never making up the money to go visit home.

I'd say no, but I'm going to say "Yes" just so I can let you follow your dreams.

50k is decent pay here. do it. just watch out for all the gun violence in chicago. there are some really really bad areas there...and unlike britian most of the thugs are armed

In steamwood
That's all there is too it, I'm not really looking to get promoted or stay in that job, I just want to study in the US and I thought having a job would make shit easier, you know? Why you up so late anyway?

What's the tax rate like? I could manage my finances pretty well, and if I managed to find a girl while in uni, I could crash with her or some shit?!?!
Oh, and there's no fucking way I'd go to Chicago, atleast not the bad parts like O-Block

$50K is a good salary in Illinois.
The cost of living is low everywhere but Chicago, but Chicago is the only place worth a fuck in the state. If your job is far from Chicago, you might be bored out of your mind.

Bad habits die hard. It'd be a good opportunity and will probably look good on your CV. plus how many chances do you get like this? I'd take it man 100%

I'd probably need to know which parts of chiraq to stay out of before I go, but as for the job, it's in Steamwood

Northern Illinois is a different country than southern Illinois. (There's a town in the south called Egypt and pronounced "egg-wopped".)

The United Snakes is an evil place but fifty k is fifty k. Make sure they give you a return plane ticket as a signing bonus.

>I'd probably need to know which parts of chiraq to stay out of before I go
You'll know when you stray into one. I think it's mostly on the south side.

Check out your city data...

city-data.com/city/Streamwood-Illinois.html