Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari_people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia–Finland_relations#Unification_proposals
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

They prefer "Nordic with a twist".
The twist is that they are not Nordic.

No, why would it be offensive?

wtf how is it offensive we use Soome-Ugri all the time desu.
Nordic with a twist seems like some tourist companys catchphrase. That nordic shit has tied down when we saw how cucked sweden got with its gender neutral and refugee shit.

Why would finno ugric people find offensive being called what they are? Are you some actual next level cuck who thinks there is something funny about it or ylimielinen fennoswede who thinks your ""mongol"" is a bad thing

No I don't know.

I remember hearing something like that some Estonians didn't like it for some reason.

Maybe I remember wrong.

They must be german/swedenboos who dont want to be associated to eastern europe, not like we were that but they want to be germanic tier. I guess. But that probably isnt all estonia. Now you made me think

No it is not offensive; we are all brothers.

Finno-Ugric is "soome-ugri" ("soome" being "finnish")

Finnic is "läänemeresoome" (lit. "baltic finnish", or "west sea finnish")

The first term is commonly used (as a ethnonym: "soomeugrilased")

The second term is restricted to linguistics, usually.

We have historically been anti-germanboos.

We lost the "w" letter in the 1930s because of it. It was too german.

I might remember completely wrong tho, nevermind

Lmao kekstonia BTFO

>We have historically been anti-germanboos.

Where can I learn to speak eesti so I can date qt virupoisid or can you understand if I just speak finnish

Stop being gay

No

Can you two funland countries understand each other when you talk?

>liking girls
>gay
Cuck

Not to a useful degree.

What about those finns living near the Ladoga lake. Karelians? I bet there was a language continuum between Funland and Estonia

Karelians are dead. They blended in with the general population after the war. There's only russians in "the republic of karelia".

>tfw no eesti bf

West Karelians spoke a Finnish dialect, they were evacuated to Finland after the war.
East Karelians speak Finnish with a Vepsä substrate which is why it's considered it's own language but anyway it's much easier to comprehend than Estonia. Vepsä is also a Baltic-Finnic language.

I thought if you spoke slowly you could understand each other?

Not all words are shared.

Somehow. And when reading.

But some words that are similar to Finnish have a completely different meaning.

Our opinion of the Germans and Russians pretty much flipped completely during World War 2.

Before the war, the Germans had caused us much more harm (600 years of slavery).

The Russians just supported that German slavery, so we were indifferent, until the 1860s when slavery ended. Then we were grateful.

In 1918-1920 we had our first war, with the Bolsheviks. We collaborated with the Whites, so this wasn't strictly a war against the Russians.

In 1940, however, the Russians took over our country, and in 1941 deported people, and commited terrible atrocities.

In 1941, when the Germans arrived, they were considered liberators.

To this day our hate for the Germans is completely gone - there is no endanger of them enslaving us again. There is however the threat of the Russians conquering us.

What do Estonians generally think of Finns and us?

Estonians are jealous that Finland is wealthy so they call us ugly

rude

I think Finns are pretty

they're slags

Finns either love or hate us, those who say otherwise are Swedes living there.

We consider Hungary our friend, due to the similar background, but we aren't neighbouring eachother, so there is no friction so to say.

This is what I think.

>due to the similar background

What?

Long years suffering under communism
Shared hatred of Russians
We're both Eastern Euros and Finno-Ugrics

>Shared hatred of Russians
then why does your God-Emperor Orban suck so much Russian dick?

This thread isn't about that.

>we're Finno Ugrics

I thought that was a meme. Is it just Hungarians or are your neighbouring countries too? Also, any article for Proofs?

>language families are a meme

That's British education for you

Literally google "Finno Ugric countries" or do we have to do everything for you, you stupid cunt.

Eestlased lõhn väga halb tingitud summa vene toit mida nad söövad.

Im too Finno-Ugric, brit

I really have no idea, Orbán needs to be hanged from the nearest lamppost.
Sadly the long years of communism broke the spirit of my people, and we're completely unable to form a consensus, let alone go out on the streets and protest and revolt against unjust systems and corrupt politicians.
There are multiple generations who grew up in this same, toxic environment, they have never known any other alternative. They see no way out, either way, so they don't protest, even though pretty much everyone in Hungary agrees that the current government is a hack, made up of compulsive liars and thieves and needs to be disbanded.

t. 100% Belarussian

que?

(don't post this here, my kids might see this stupid shit)

I asked if Estonians are Russians in denial...what do you think?

Your country should be more russophobian and anticommunistic as the Baltic states. Only then you will gain freedom. Expand anti-Russian propaganda in the mass media.

No, Im a Mari:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari_people

I understood that part :^)

How do you say farewell/see you later in Mari?

The "president" of estonia insisted that estonia should be given to finland not too long before the russians invaded estonia, finland refused this offer several times.

How would you feel about living in a finnish colony?

Чeвepын ёлтaш

Hmm. The lat transcription will be something like this: Cheverin yoltash

>Your country should be more russophobian and anticommunistic as the Baltic states.
Should, but won't be. Our communism was called gulyáscommunism because unlike in other countries in the Eastern Bloc we lived very well and in comfort. Also because of 1956, Russians left us alone for the most part.
There's a certain nostalgia towards communistic times. Sure, people disliked the government, quality of life was pretty high. For a communist country, that is.

They probably wouldn't mind since they've been doing that since the 1200s. First with Denmark and then later with Sweden until 1710. So you were technically part of the same country for ~150 year.

That's disappointing. Moksha say "näjemozonk" which is close to our Finnish näkemisiin.

Sorry I live under a rock, that can't be true.

> wouldn't mind
>doing that since the 1200s
>pic related

Livonia was a Swedish occupied region but it wasn't Sweden.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia–Finland_relations#Unification_proposals

Here, the proposals were made by Konstantin Päts.

Ohh Konstantin "sell the country" Päts, the traitor?

Why didn't you say so. Sorry you had to link this to me.

I did say technically, didn't I?

Come on, it wasn't that bad. We even founded a university in Tartu. Certainly more than what the Russian ever did.

In school they taught us that Päts was a dictator, you really hate that guy don't you?

But how would you feel about being Finnish?

Päts was a good guy, but it just happens that I dislike the guy cause of the actions he did.

Hard question Tbh, nothing much wouldn't change really.

T_T