Is Aesop Rock one of the best hip-hop artists of all time?

Is Aesop Rock one of the best hip-hop artists of all time?

no

while most rappers are uneducated and have an extremely limited vocabulary, Aesop Rocky is on the other end of the spectrum and is way too verbose

i'll rather have an uneducated meme rapper than a pretentious rapper who thinks he's good just because he raps about 'real issues'

not to mention his flows are decent at best

He was pretty good. His lyrical content has kinda gone off a fucking cliff since None Shall Pass.

If anything, the last two albums have revealed that he's now a better beat producer than a rapper. ZZZ Top is fucking ridiculous.

just edgy, fat and a WHITE MALE

He's got some good tracks and the whole thesaurus rap thing can be interesting, but more often than not his flow is kind of sub-par. Also, his attempts to seem deep is pretty pretentious along with his fanbase.

Yes

hes alt right

WTF I LIKE HIM NOW

>things white people say

>things white people say

he sounds like he's pooping while he raps so no!

his latest album is actually really good at avoiding that criticism. He does use a wide vocabulary still, but the songs and subject matter is a lot more personal and reflective.

>(((Ian Matthias Bavitz)))
>White

Source?

One of the most underrated hip hop acts. People always point out his lyrics, but some of his lines are as good as DOOM or Kendrick. El P gets all the hype because of Company Flows and RTJ while Aesop Rock just makes some of most out there hip hop ever. Listen to The Unseen. Nothing like it.

>rocky

Triggered

Rap is just maximalist poetry and Aesop Rocky was the first person to really take advantage of cramming a lot of words togetber by using... (drum roll) different words.

just listen to his stuff its pretty alright.

reddit style post for a reddit meme rapper. simply ebin!

>things 60%-99.9% of any given Western country say

It's kind of shitty trying to listen to rappers that sound kind of "unconventional" because people will always think that you listen them for appearing to be more superior and intellectual and not because you actually like them

Yeah man I like basing my musical taste on other people's opinions too.

kek

though he's more talking about trying to discuss unconventional rappers. really Sup Forums is a shithole to discuss hip hop because you're going to encite one of the following memes:

>cuck!
>lol liking memerap
>hip hop is unintellectual
>way to be a tryhard intellectual
>normie
>listen to lil yachty instead

that's really only the case for genuinely shitty rappers, like Immortal Technique

>Yeah man I like basing my musical taste on other people's opinions too.
Nah dude i don't have problem on Sup Forums calling me a pleb, but as said, it's annoying when you try to engage on actual discussion, because when i post anything related to "alternative" rappers i always get responses such as "lol go back to red.dit with your pretentious backpacker shit kiddo" or "stop trying so hard"

thanks ugly god

it used to be ok in /hhg/. I found lots of mixtapes in those but then they just became overran with Young Thug and Future memes and then slowly died out.

>He's too good for hip-hop, so he's not the best
>I got used to shit music and memerap's been so bad I don't even remember what it's like to listen to good hip-hop

I actually love Aesop, even though his albums aren't consistently good in all songs, the good songs are brilliant, and i'll take that over consistent "Meh"

White Hopsin but a little less cringe.

most of his songs are actually quite silly and is about himself

so please neck yourself

As a foreigner I can't understand him, like I understand it if I had the lyrics but this dudes pronounciation is so hard to understand, maybe because im a foreigner

>Rocky
Fite me little bishes

One of my favorites. His best albums aren't flawless but the good songs are top tier.

Regarding his verbosity, I think it's part a style choice, and perhaps part to intentionally obscure the meaning. He's a real private dude and as he reveals on "Shrunk", he's hesitant to reveal anything really personal and share his emotions. I suspect his dense verbiage is a way to speak about things of personal importance without exposing himself too much. Or maybe he just likes to shit five dollar words, I don't know, but he claims all his songs have meaning and his secluded nature is well known, so I think it's a likely guess.

Rap is not poetry