How do I get into this band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G1zPOcllS9Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daydream Nation

Start and end there

The Diamond Sea is a criminally underrated track tho

Don't listen to this double nigger
Daydream Nation is good but also so is a lot of their stuff you have to remember their early early stuff was when they were in the NoWave scene which is meh everything after sister is GOAT

read the wikipedia

Watch the interview with Nardwuar and realize you don't want to anymore.

Newfag?

do not listen to Goo or Dirty, those are their worst albums (not even being contrarian, they are legitimately not good). start with Daydream Nation, then listen to Evol, Bad Moond Rising, and sister.

thanks anons

I think Sister is their most easily approachable and immediately enjoyable album.

Also don't discount Bad Moon Rising and EVOL they're really good.

Start with that and Bad Moon Rising. After those skip everything besides Sonic Nurse, Murray Street, and the SYR series.

>not even being contrarian
yeah, sure

You're welcome.

Sister
Washing Machine

Start with Daydream Nation. If you look the more dissonant stuff go to their earlier no wave albums (Kill Yr Idols). If you like the catchier stuff go on to their later indie albums (Rather Ripped). If you like both go on to Goo and Dirty

Evol

Tom violence is a good song
Mote etc

Be cool

Listen to them. If you like it, you're into it. If you don't like it, move on. Why is listening to music such a fucking task to you people?

Autism?

Because people like OP wear music like clothing to impress people here and fit in. If you don't like something you don't like something. I guess they'll understand when they're older.

youtube.com/watch?v=G1zPOcllS9Q

*which is great everything is GOAT

you're both wrong, the no wave era was the best, pic related is their greatest work

Idk I agree. with that user, Goo and Dirty probably wouldn't even make my top 10 SY albums, they're both really overrated

Fucking awful taste my man lol

if I can say something... for me, I "try to see the appeal".
what if it's actually really good and I'm missing out... if people I share musical taste with like it, why shouldn't I be able to enjoy it?
fans of other bands I like, talk highly of bands like Sonic Youth, King Crimson, Devo (with others) - but I find it hard to "see it").

sometimes I feel like there's a certain "path" you've had to walk down (musically) in order to fall in love with "this and this" band (being able to see the bigger picture)... "my taste" is all scattered around and there's no sense of order to it whatsoever (thanks to the internet I suppose).
I just feel like such a mediocre music fan, not knowing how it all ties together... the history, the music...

the fucking knowledge that some people possess is sometimes really intimidating... I admire them for it, but I can't help but feel like I'm not putting in enough work to qualify as a true music fan, and I wouldn't know where to start... so for now I try to enjoy "hitting gold" completely at random, but I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong and that I'm missing out because of that.

sorry for the long-ass post...

>no wave is bad

die

daydream nation is probably the best place to start. it's easily their most popular and highly acclaimed and isn't that hard to get into, so it's a good place to start even if many more "advanced" fans find it overrated

also remember not to overlook their newer stuff, the string from murray street to rather ripped is among their best work

>everything after sister is GOAT
nah fuck off, evol and sister are their best, and they stopped being no wave probably after bad moon rising

but goo has their best song

hahaha holy shit