Thread 404'd last night while I was responding to it, so here we go again

Thread 404'd last night while I was responding to it, so here we go again.

Started out at 320 lbs in August. Pic on the left is august 27th, 320 lbs. Pic on the right is December 27th, 272 lbs.

Diagnosed with Type 2 Adult Onset diabetes, was told that symptoms can be mitigated by weight loss. Cut portions down to manageable sizes, still eat fast food, but I don't get fries with my burgers. Stopped drinking full sugar sodas, went to diet.

Dry mouth from my beetus making me piss every hour or two, so I drink an insane amount of water, 6-8 liters a day, on average. Sometimes more, rarely less.

Super tired all the time. Callouses on my feet started hardening, and my heel cracked on my left foot. Fucking hurts to walk on, and it doesn't seem to want to heal. It's been three and a half months.

I was lactose intolerant when I started, now it comes and goes. Sometimes I can eat dairy stuff, other times it wrecks me. I'e been told that can be dependent on weight, too. Wasn't intolerant until I hit about 265 lbs.

Ask me stuff, share experiences and progress, general weight loss/control thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

thequantifiedbody.net/fast-mimicking-diet/
youtube.com/watch?v=k9GZe0Gfkas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's an upper body shot. Left pic, 9-15, right pic 12-27. Wish I hadn't held the camera right in front back in september.

Good on ya pal, keep it up.
Have tits as a reward.

i am underb and i came to suck ur irish dick

Nah, I'm good, but thanks anyways!

One user asked for leg shots. here they are.

Thanks for the tits! I don't see them as often as I'd like!

Few men do.

Didn't see you mention, did you exercise or just cut the calories?

stop eating fast food completely. stop drinking soda completely. or you are going to die very soon.

Mostly just started walking more, and started cutting carbs. At work, I stand a lot, and for a long time, I would just lean against stuff and fuck with my phone while waiting for customers. Now, i pace a lot, so I get about 6,000 steps in a day, give or take. I have a 30 inch stride, so that's about 18K feet per day, or a bit over three miles.

Unfortunately, the science doesn't add up on that one. Diet soda doesn't trigger an insulin response in diabetics, and fast food, while not healthy, doesn't mean a death sentence. I'm making that lifestyle change gardually, instead of just crashing into it, as the snap changes seldom stick.

Nice. Good for you man.

don't you think about suicide?

Good shit man, love seeing stuff like this. keep at it.

I've been working on losing weight lately. no pics. but it definitely feels good.

Been a lazy and useless fuck for years and it started to show.

230lb? 6ft. honestly, probably good considering how much I gave up on life, lol.

Being too cheap to buy fast food probably saved me.

don't even look 250 in either pic.

I have, yes, but for other reasons than fat fuckery.

Thanks! I'm terrified of losing my feet.

I topped out at 320, and I'm bit shorter than 6 feet tall because of my fat gut curving my spine. I'm about 5'10.5", before I gained all my weight, I was almost 6'1". Looking to get back to it.

What are your goals? How you gonna meet them?

I've always been told I carry my weight well. I used to lift weights a lot, and I worked at sawmillas and lumberyards, so maybe that helps? I dunno.

damn so you actually had physically active life and still have so many issues? that's fucked.

I used to do a lot of sparring, kendo, MMA, longsword, etc. Was active in things like SCA and renfests, armoring, blacksmithing, etc, but a car wreck fucked me good, then weight gain pretty much stopped me dead in my tracks. It's been a good 6 or 7 years since I did any of that, and now I'm probably too old to get back into it.

Well you don't really look old in the picture. And people always say go for it, you are never too old to have some fun

I turn 32 on the 5th of January. I guess I'll see how it goes once I hit my goal weight, huh?

Try a ketosis diet for a few weeks. It might be beneficial for you. Read up on it, it's pretty simple to get into ketosis quickly. You should feel more energy as well

I went full keto in 2014, but ended up dropping it when I found out my wife had had an affair from 2008 to 2009. Threw me into a huge depressive downward spiral. That's how I ballooned from 250 up to 320.

Topped out at 230-240, should've clarified there. that's why I said it's a damn miracle considering I barely moved for years, lol.

As for goals, honestly, lose the weight and go from there. No gw, because I've never done anything like this before. I'll get a feel for it as I continue. Same bits of exercise every day have been working for me. typical stuff mixed up, all done at home. usually an hour a day, every day.

I'm young and I've no real health issues, easy to move around. I've got it easy. & honestly, weight never bothered me. but I know it would've caught up with me. I also want to look better & work on state of mind.

Trips check't.

Sounds good. My goal weight is close to your current weight, lol, you have a hell of a head start on me.

Once the weather warms up (north coast of California, never really gets too cold here), I'm gonna pour a small cement slab, so I can put my big plastic shed back up. I'm gonn ause it for a weight room instead of storage this time. Just basic stuff like benchpresses, flys, curls, lateral dumbell raises, etc. I've lost my traps, which used to be pretty impressive, and my lats, which were pretty nice too.

I agree, just cut the fast food and soda out
you'll see an extreme change

I stopped eating fast food and drinking soda and dropped 80lbs pretty quickly

Yeah, I can't complain about that kind of head-start, lol.

and actually, my current weight .. I haven't checked in probably a week. Been pushing hard too. need to hop on the scale.

Seriously, I'm rocking cheap weights I found in a container and decent floor space. shit has been working. But I'd love to get a nice setup once I get all the way through the 'initial stages'. I've been pretty into this and it's nice to chat about it.

Also, freezing weather here. Indiana. Might be fun to get out and run/set things up once it warms up instead of running around a room like a fool, LOL.

Learn to male yogurt, a gallon at a time. Drink a glass of it every morning.

Measure your goddamn blood sugar and take your Metformin.

Excersize your goddamn toes so they don't fall off.

Fellow fattie knows what's best

Fatass will never actually have sex with anything living. Fuck a cheeseburger.

Norcal is legit. Coldest it's been here is 28, and it's up to 45-50 in the day. Just gotta wait until it gets warm enough for concrete to cure... just bought a house, and I don't have the floorspace inside. I've got a wife and 5 kids to make room for, lol. I'm lucky to get room for my desk and wet bar.

Been moving in that direction, but again, slow changes are the ones that stick. I crashed into the keto diet in 2014, rode it for 4 months, and fell off. I think part of it was that it was too drastic of a change.

Lactose intolerant. It would make me shit a river forever.

Married with 5 kids. I fuck now less than I did before, but still fucking. Hope to fuck more when I'm not an omegga fatty ass-id.

bro started at 310. seriously unhealthy. health risks up the ass blood pressure etc etc. simple change of diet taking in high protein and less than 1800 calories a day no fast food whatsoever. low carbing. ended up at 165 pounds. then gained more muscle. ended at a cool 210 lean no stretch marks or anything, keep up the work nukka, but cut the garbage food.

that's the goal, gonna try to go pure keto for 4-6 months out of the year, and low carb for the rest. Keto worked great for me in 2014, but it's not healthy to do for more than a few months at a time, from what I've researched.

>am kinda overweight
>get dry mouth
>pee a lot Cuz u drink water for dry mouth
>my feet are cracking

Do I got the beetus? I'm 21 btw

I'd get checked, fam.

man I'll try going this week I'm actually scared now how long did u have all the symptoms before they told u it was diabetes?

I went soon, since it runs in my family. About two months, that's when I put 2 and 2 together, then I went to the clinic and got diagnosed. They did a blood test, came back high A1C blood cells, covered in sugar.

Keep going OP, I'd recommend you to start working out, this means your muscles will get bigger and will be able to burn down more energy from your bloodstream and reserves, and help with your insulin levels.

Late christmas present on me guys go fuck your ex gf tonight - snap-leak-cf

Yup. Just can't swing a gym membership right this moment, so I'm doing what I can with walking and shit. Thanks for the support.

Weightlifting is easy for me, I put on muscle super easy. I'm kinda sad that my arms and shoulders and traps and lats are as small as they are now... means a lot of the weight I've lost is muscle.

fuck beetus. if you change your diet before it kicks in hardcore to the point of aletering your life forever you can reverse it completely. go vegan swear to god. sounds gay as fuck but it worked for me. i was almost stage 2 but reversed it completely with proper balanced diet

I wouldn't be able to keep to a vegan diet. I've tried it, I just know me, I fail at it. A Keto diet, however, also reversed Type 2, and I've done that before. Lowers type A1C blood down to non diabetic levels, and improves circulation. THAt I can do.

well dont go full blown bro. just mostly vegan. lean protein. low simple carbs. no bread or beer ever. raw vegies and fruit as the main intake. 12 oz lean protein a day. aka a nice steak low fat. and yeah your set nigga.

Losing bread will hit me the hardest, it did last time. Plan is all meats, a little bit of cheeses when I do keto, then for 6-8 months a year, do lean meats and leafy greens. Diet soda doesn't make an insulin response, so is diabetic friendly, and whiskey is too, so no beers or whatever, but I can still have an occasional drink.

But first to get this weight under control. I'm halfway there, just about!

dont give up on yourself before you even try. food sucks compared to how amazing being alive feels. and i mean actually alive. like. for once in your life. you feel actually alive. you feel the wind on your face. you feel the dirt on your toes. you feel everything. proper diet is the biggest game changer bro. your actually awake.

fuck bread. processed grains are the WORST if your almost stage 2

This is totally true. I'm on board, totally. I don't wanna lose my feet or fingers or legs. That would most certainly kill me.

Yeah. They made up almost 70% of my calories before. Now they're closer to 10%, and shrinking.

good good. make it zero percent. and the pounds will litterally melt in front of your eyes on a daily basis. i shit you not. ive lost ten pounds over night on a harsh sweat out and they never came back. bread reatains mad water weight.

Carbs also replenish the glycogen (sp?) in your muscles, so you (at first) lose a fuckton of your burst power in weightlifting, but your stamina increases insane amounts. I lost a solid 50-75lbs on my benchpress, but I gained enough stamina to where I went from topping out at 25 minutes cardio, to quitting after 60 minutes because I was bored.

I hope you're treating your diabetes, it will (most certainly) to cholesterol problems and thyroid gland issues. I suggest you to read about diabetes and what it does to the organism

as for myself I've always been self conscious about weight, so I work out, but I tend to let myself go, this last summer I decided to get in shape again, from 86.6 kg to 70 kg (goes between 69-71). It is hard fucking work but I feel it is worth it. work out 6 days a week and eat somewhat healthy. There is diabetes in my family so I'm trying to avoid it at all costs.

one fucking thing that bothers me is that as of a month ago I started getting bad heartburns, and I think it might be GERD, fucking sucks

and I forgot to add, GOOD FOR YOU

fucking great to see people who actually do fucking something

complex are key. ie veg. no need forsimple bullshit carbs. unless you are on a maaaajor sugar crash. avaio all simple carbs such as bread and beer like the fucking aids. your body will thank you

good thing then that I never liked beer, lol

I'll miss my hard ciders and hard lemonades, but oh well. Those, I can live without. Fact is, I'm going to have to.

Thanks, bro. I don't really get any support in my life normally, so it really helps when I can come here and get a little bit of a goodjob. Helps keep me motivated.

i also want to say good for your bro. its never to late to care about yourself. again. once you make the plunge. it works out, i lost almost 80 pounds in under 6 months with absolutely no negative side effects.

Good on you. Hope the best for you

Thanks, bro. I wanna be a strong, healthy, force to be reckoned with man again, not a cripled, under 40, fat, bald, diabetic shit. I'd also like to get laid more, and not being a landwhale helps with that, I hear.

>I wanna be a strong, healthy, force to be reckoned with man again, not a cripled, under 40, fat, bald, diabetic shit.

I use the same reasoning

Pretty straight forward.

Another thing that I use to motivate myself is that I wouldn't wanna fuck me, why would my wife? She's still slender and hot. I can't imagine I'm a decent prospect.

>In 2013 i was 310 lbs
>Lost 110 lbs a year or so later
>Been stuck at 200 since then
>I may be developing diabetes and heart issues
>lapses in memory/consciousness, electric shock sensations and chest pain
>2 days ago i went out for a light jog, had to take a piss outside my house
>got extremely and immediately lost consciousness as i was pissing

i hate life, this shit keeps happening and i cant seem to lose past 200-210

>got extremely dizzy*

You seriously need more vitamins & minerals in your diet. Even if you wont eat vegetables, atleast take supplements or something

Cutting sugar was smart, but not enough.

Damn, bro, that's not good. Do you;

>have dry mouth
>drink a lot of water
>get super shitty when you don't eat/skip a meal
>experience severe hunger when you wake up
>wake up to pee multiple times at night
have cracked heels or palms
>prone to yeast infections on either side of your nuts or in your armpits

?

I need to get some adult multivitamins... I've just kept forgetting. I work inside Costco, I should fucking remember. I know I'm gonna need them, I did when i was doing Keto before.

Take Your Vitamin D (and K) bro. No joke.

Also Brazil nuts.

Go on /fit/ and ask about some of the modified fast diets. There's also the fast mimicking diet that's meant to be good, it's similar to the Newcastle studies diet.

>A little dry but that prob goes with below
>I know i don't drink enough water, typically 3-4 glasses?
>When i cant get any lunch at work i get real fucking pissy, low energy and groggy
>not really, i typically eat a few hours after i wake up
>no
>nope

In fact, here's something like FMD that's fairly easy to do thequantifiedbody.net/fast-mimicking-diet/

days ago i went out for a light jog, had to take a piss outside my house
Were there any white flecks left on the shoes?

I'm also 22, have a pretty big gut and i know i take shit care of my self.. but i also eat a lot of sugary bullshit.. i try and make up for it by running 2-3 miles at the gym but the gym i a bit far for me to go every day.

you look like one tough motherfucker

With you pissing so much and always being thirsty it sounds like your sugar is out of control. Get checked asap. Diet control only helps so much.

Nah i didn't get anything on my shoes, it was like 5 in the morning so i wouldn't of seen anything anyway

I appreciate it. I like to think I used to be, but anymore, I feel like an old, gray fatfuck.

I'm def going to go as soon as it's feasible. I notice that if I eat keto for a day or two, my pissing slows down to normal volumes, and I don't drink as much water, maybe 3 to 4 liters a day. If I have anything sugary, like for lunch, it spikes about an hour later, and I piss every hour for the rest of the day.

It'll have dried on. Literal sugar in your urine bro. So if you haven't washed them have a look. If they're there go to hospital ASAP before you get organ failure.

Lemmie get a picture of my shoes, and I'll show you what he means.

fucking women. she'll rot in hell for that. rooting for ya bro keep it up.

It wouldn't of gotten on my shoes, the way i feel down was straight like a plank into a bush/pile of leaves (thankfully protecting my fall).. some did get on my jeans but i just checked them and there was nothing to indicate as such.

no matter how much you cut sugar carbs starches etc your body is having trouble with what sugars you have now. i weighed over 340 then lost to around 260. no processed foods, no sugar, mainly water and protein but my blood sugAR was still over 300 at the minimum. went on metformin and glipizide and with diet control and medic ation my sugar is between 80 and 180. something ym doctor says is safe for me. im tsill working on it but its going to be a life long thing for me. get checked and on medicaTION. always being thirsty sucks, i would drink gallons of water a day and never feel quenched. its your body pissing the sugar out. diabetes is a bad thing but can be managed. take care of your feet and hands. treat any cuts or dry skin before it gets too bad, you could lose limbs that way. i nearly lost my left great toe due to bone infection. just lost a little of the bone in the final digit. get checked. please.

Well, i can't find my shoes right now, and it's the middle of the night, so unfortunately, no picture evidence. But, like, the little speckles that can sometimes get on your shoes when you're at a urinal? It looks like dried hard water.

Also, keep an eye on your toilet; if it has a tendency to get black mold or scum in the bowl, that's another big sign of it.

Doing my best for it. I'm working on forgiving/moving past it, but there's a lot of hurt and backstory to it all. I posted a storytime thread of it all here;

Do some naked yoga OP
youtube.com/watch?v=k9GZe0Gfkas

Totally, bro, I appreciate the concern and urging. It's on the list, as soon as I can. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of services here that the metheads don't overwhelm, and we just bought a house and moved, so my health insurance information is buried somewhere. Add to that working retail sales during the holidays, and I don't really have a ton of time. But trust, it is on the list.

First of all. how the fuck did she get on Youtube bare ass naked?

Second of all, if she's barenaked yoga, and doing her would help me lose weight and get healthy, fuck yeah.

Never had that issue with my toilet either, i don't constantly eat lots of sugar.. its just a one day thing, typically when i get paid and go in to get my rent money (Getting rent up at walmart since i work there.. lots of tempting shit food to taunt me)... but its that one day where i splurge and eat like an entire pack of fucking donuts lol

For me, it was mostly soda. I drank gallons of Mt Dew and Coca Cola. Also, I am a whore for gummy candies, Skittles, and I love bread in most of its forms. I'm a total carb whore.

Not as much anymore...

Yeah i have that same problem to.. on top of working at Walmart i get subway every day to... since the Walmart has that.. always get a cold cut and medium drink.. probably not good every day :/

if you live in the states, walmart has glipizide for $4 a month all youd need to see is a doctor. depending on your location if theres a publix arouund they cover metformin in most quantities 100%. best of luck to you brother. keep things under control. id hate to hear you losing body parts. nearly all my family has hereditary diabetes. came from mexico. none are obese to the point of unhealthy. dealt a bad hand. had some lose toes and the worse is double leg amputation. any sore or blister left unchecked can be life threatening. done gushing now. take care of yourself.

>be 56
>disabled for 10 years - spine issues
>>lose 2" height
>quit pain meds after 4 year morphine addiction
>can't exercise
>t2 beetes moves in
>metformin not working
>fml

Good on you OP.
Keep going!

in my case just had a serious bout of depression with the culture shock of moving from US to Canada

went from 180 pounds to 360 in 4 years

had diabetes, found out I had stage 3 liver fibrosis (not even an alcoholic wtf), but in recent months my weight has dropped 30 pounds, dropped from diabetic A1C levels to prediabetic, liver function tests have improved greatly, and I'm about to have gastric bypass surgery which will remedy both of them along with dump weight quickly

while I'd rather lose the weight on my own (did lose 60 pounds one time after a bout of depression) my stomach unfortunately has always required I eat a lot, and at this weight exercising isn't an option.. knees already fucking up and have injections for lower lumbar fracture from moving

looking forward to being able again to do all the normal shit I'm used to doing 90% of my life

I was hoping to find a pic, but apparently it's not so much of a thing in normal internet posting life.

I heard about one dude who had so much sugar in his urine it made the bowl water cloudy, sort of like absinthe. That's real extreme though.

also I'm taking metformin 2 tablets 2 times a day (fast acting), 10mg of forxiga, and so on.. they caught the blood sugar rising before I even had diabetes so it was a quick remedy

the liver thing though was a massive surprise, they thought I had cirrhosis at first (huge surprise since I've never had any noticeable symptoms) but because I wasn't an alcoholic they did MRI and biopsy to determine it's not cirrhosis

Lol yeah i don't ever recall my urine having any sugar in it.. maybe with a 2-3 mile run with no stopping at the gym my sweat will taste slightly sugary.. but that's about it.

If their deli has, like, rotisserie chicken, try that instead. if you wanna do soda, try diet, if not, go for water. For snacks, try beef jerky. Costco had their jerky steak strips, it's like jerky but thicker and more tender. Has saved my ass when I just feel like a snack.

We've got a clinic here, I just need to be able to get in before all the methheads come in looking for painkillers because they destroyed their teeth, then my insurance covers it all 100%. Getting up at 5 to drive half an hour to get there before the doors open so that I'm first in line, and even then, not guaranteed, is not a very thrilling prospect... but I know it needs to be done.

The last time I was 180 lbs, I was 18... I was in fantastic shape. I started my weight loss at 320, so I caught it a big earlier. My knees and hips are all fucked up due to a car wreck, as if my back, but if I lose this weight, I'm hoping some of the issues will kinda fade off, as there will be a lot less stress on those places.

My urine is still pretty clear, probably because of my massive water intake. I average between 6 and 8 liters a day, sometimes a little more. I measure it by how many 500 ml bottles of water I go through, and it's usually between 12 and 16. That's 3 to 4 bucks at costco, at a quarter a bottle. My boss actually got kinda pissy because I was filling up the garbage cans with the bottles.

sounds like a diabetic person drinking beer or soda regularly

the fuck 6 and 8 liters?

are you like 7 foot? if not there's no reason to be drinking that much unless you're on like 10 water pills

I knew this one dude who simply would not stop eating candy. Skittles, peanut butter M&Ms, reeses cups, I always saw him with one of those family size bags in his hand. Even after they took his legs at the mid thigh, he just wouldn't stop. It eventually killed his ass. I'm not gonna be that guy. Fuck that.

It's a case study from malpractice by not listening to patients. I forget the book, but it's right at the start of it. He'd nursed a friend of his through getting to grips with beetus, then he started having the same symptoms. But his GP was all like
>self diagnosis
>NOPE
and pretty much nearly killed him. He ended up (but only just) getting treatment at some kind of emergency clinic.

Nah. I just ALWAYS have dry mouth. Fucking always. It doesn't help that I also have upper dentures, and they make my mouth dry af too. I'm always sipping or drinking water, because if I don't it gets so dry that I can start to gag. Not fun.

what I'm really surprised is that his body didn't start hating the shit

from what I understand about many medical conditions that come from obesity is that the body starts rejecting food and causing massive decrease in hunger

so how one can avoid those signs.. serious food addiction or something

in my case because of my changes in diet I've seriously lost any appetite for salty or sugary foods

are you a mouth breather?

maybe apnea? ever did a sleep study?