ITT: dated af

ITT: dated af

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B2qI6UDD2uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha0GeRqgmV0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Their music actually holds up pretty well since almost every synthpop band that came after them was a lot poppier and less minimalistic.

They still hold up. Go lube up your dragon dildo and play some deep house.

play kraftwerk for somebody and ask them what year they think that song was made, they won't say anything past the early 80's at most, guaranteed

Who fucking cares.

you seem to care quite a lot

YMO have aged much better than Kraftwerk.

All music from the 50's is pretty fucking dated
It's like they all played the same fucking song before The Beatles showed up

>music is obviously from a certain time period
>Therefore it's bad
That's fucking retarded. I can tell you by listening that Bach is from the baroque era but that doesn't make him a bad composer

show me any band from kraftwerk's time that sounds less dated

see

kraftwerk has those old synths that age

definitely not, half of it is just a normal rock band

i never said it was bad you stupid faggot i said it sounds dated

Was going to say this.

That's simply not true, obviously they were pioneers of electronic music, but you can hear their influence in almost all contemporary bands that incorporate some electronic elements. Their songs have been samples by artists hundreds of times, many of those being in 2000's.

Is that what this photo is referencing

this show is fucking awful

i don't understand how people watch this trash without vomiting

I have always loved mystical nature of Kraftwerk, how they were so often outside of public spotlight, rarely gave interviews, stopped releasing music just at once, and the best of all - their Kling Klang Studio in Düsseldurf to which the entrance was forbidden to anyone - I always wanted to visit that studio where all their classic, ahead-of-their-time albums were made

Who cares? My point is their music still sounds very unique. It's obviously very old but that doesn't make it bad.

The same way that people watch the Big Bang Theory

i never fucking said it was bad you autistic faggot i said it was very obviously very fucking old

'Dated' has negative connotations, hence why we compared it to as if you called it bad. Learn semantics, dummy.

okay but that's what the photo is referencing right?

fuck you

If you already didn't know that, you don't deserve to be on this board, go back to Sup Forums

Right but that's what the photo is referencing then?

Did you get angry because you listened to Kraftwerk for the first time in your life and got mad because it sounded like it's from 80's (duh) and then came here to rant? What did you expect it to sound like, David Guetta?

No it's actually a Jojo reference

>music from 70's sounds like music from 70's

STOP THE PRESSES

youtube.com/watch?v=B2qI6UDD2uQ

kraftwerk sounded like nothing else

fuck off

it's just a half bar loop, tangerine dream were doing those in 1974

lol OP if you wanted to make a thread about music which exemplifies its times rather than transcends them you ought to have been more specific than "dated af", bc anachronism is a sin in art crit apparently.

all of my favorite music is 80's music but it all sounds dated as fuck and i won't argue that because i'm not retarded

dated like milk, unlistenable

can you give me some examples of bands (from 90's let's say if you don't want 80's) that don't sound dated as fuck then? what does 'sound dated' even mean to you? that it doesn't sound like 2010's?

Computerwelt > Radio-Aktivität > TTA > Die Mensch-Machine > Autobahn > Tour de France > Electric Cafe >>> krautwerk

facts

the structure has nothing to do with it, it's just aged better

Literally what is the point of this thread then
If you wanted to say if it was dated but still great you should've just said so

Yeah me too, also I still can't seem to find any information on why Florian Schneider left the group in 2008, but I guess like many other musicians he just got tired of being in music business

you are right, it's hard to argue, but apart from giorgio?

this stupid thread makes no sense

shut your fucking mouth

joy division's closer is my favorite album but i think it definitely sounds dated, not in a bad way though

the synths on decades are a good example because they're so distinctly 80's sounding that someone who likes modern music might be kind of off-putting

Kate Bush
Suzanne Vega

Dated as fuck production

Influential but shite

dated =/= of it's time

damn its actually the 40th anniversary of trans europe express today, imo still holds up, songs like this are great

youtube.com/watch?v=Ha0GeRqgmV0

what the fuck?

Damn, it's almost as if time passes and styles/way of producing music changes over said time!

Ah, to be 15 again and be amazed at the simple things in life.

Does anyone have any recommendations for similar sounding artists to their Computerwelt-era albums? No matter how much I look I can't find anything, even YMO had me sick of their first few after a couple listens

The only Kraftwerk album that holds up is The Mix, honestly.

First few seasons are genuinely hysterical
Everything after that has its ups and downs

Are you implying neon lights isn't a god tier song?

how is this dated at all?

It's just that their music is more humourous and warm. People can connect to it more because they weren't trying to sound like robots with no emotion.

This is a ridiculous metric.

The same could be said about countless great artists.

it kind of hit a slump in the middle but the last season was consistently hilarious

Last season didn't even feel like Sunny imo
Too streamlined and too many cliched jokes
I liked a few episodes but it mostly just kinda depressed me