Okay, so I want to set the record straight on Italians and hand gestures

Okay, so I want to set the record straight on Italians and hand gestures.

Be honest Italians, do you guys actually communicate largely through hand gestures such as these?

youtube.com/watch?v=jVCuyrPk7P4

It is a national stereotype of Italy that the citizens wave their hands around a lot in various gestures and I would like to know whether it is actually true or just bullshit. Because the internet is for research and education.

kekd
we have that too

Of course you do - you guys were just taken without so much a fight by Italy prior to WWII

yes

Most of the gestures in the video are used in every region of Italy but we mostly use them while speaking with our mates, gestures are like a slang language, using them during a formal conversation it's considered very rude, we don't use them with everyone.

shit
almost all of those are used where I live

yes

GOT'EM

we unironically use all of those and a lot more.

but you only use it with people that you have informal conversations with (family and friends), it's seen as very low class/vulgar to do them in formal situations, and some times it's just plain and simply rude.

also, I always see anglos using the one in your pic to just point out they're italian, as if it didn't mean anything other than that, when in reality is basically a question mark and it's the most used one, that's all.

fuck off ridiculo

>>Be honest Italians, do you guys actually communicate largely through hand gestures such as these?

No. And sadly, I've been accused to be a Czech in Czechia and an Irish in UK because 1) I'm pale and 2) I do not wave hands at all. Everyone was like "wow, you don't.... speak like an Italian... I mean, you don't... use your hands at all.."
Italian doesn't necessarily mean terrone

come home italian men

que te pasa salame

fuck off don't feed the autist

AMERINDIAN LOVE, I NEEEEED, AMERINDIAN LOOOOVE

leave him be, he spends most of his life shitposting about amerindians on a vietnamese image board for chinese cartoons and calls others "autists"

tonto

the 'argentina is white' delusional spammer callate estupido

yeah
i think it's an habit that tracks back in time pretty far
we often had to communicate with foreign people without knowing squat about their language, because of foreign conquests, trade and emigration

hand gestures are pretty much universal to all italians, not only terroni use them
personally, i'm part german, grew up in Trentino and then Lombardia and still use my hands a lot

We use those hand gestures

No we don't.

Shut the fuck up and go back to Bolivia with your stupid threads and post of "Amerindian"

>hand gestures are pretty much universal to all italians, not only terroni use them
True but only terroni use hand gestures that have a meaning of their own, in the north we still wave our hands but it's only to put emphasis on some words

It comes from Roman times when orators like Cicero and Caesar needed to get their point across during speeches. If you watch videos of Hitler giving speeches he does the same thing.

@71713485

negro sorete

Calm down my amerindian brother.

It's an advanced social technique that Brits and Australians should learn instead of pissing all over everything to communicate

you are an unfunny faggot

please kill yourself

You're retarded

No, you

disregard the argentina is wiiite faggot he just wants attention

>hand gestures are pretty much universal to all italians
No. Speak for yourself, nigger of the Alps

>1:44
gonna start using this tbqh

I do. I have a Greek mother.

people here use it a lot too

those "italian gestures explained" videos are cringey desu, most gestures people use don't really have a meaning here, you just wave hands to highlight certain parts of the talk. Italians might do this more often but in my experience lot of people outside of italy do that too

/thread

The best part about Italians and their hand gestures is that a lot of them seem to do it even when on the phone.

Embrace italian idiosincracia boludo