Shit in movies that you think should never appear again

>Fade to black
youtube.com/watch?v=JpoabtbEJOI
Old example but still holds today, just most noticable one here. I fucking hate it when they decide to do this and make the trailer 50% just black screens. Watch it and count how many times it fades to black. This is not acceptable man , I feel like this should just fucking be gone and never come back.

>Punch, Cut frame, Punching arm pulls away(don't know the actual name for this)
Again this shit makes so many movies look bad. I know it's time consuming to make realistic punches but god damnit this shit is so fake It takes out the feeling of punch effect itself.It's the thing where they cut the punch just in the last frames and cut to a new angle and have the punching arm pullaway.

Jackie Chan is one of the few people that refuse to do this and never cuts frames on punches and always tries making them look as realistic as possible and his movies feel much more geniuine to me whenever a fighting scene comes on.

Last thing I'll complain about
>Stupid lines that really weren't fucking nessaceray
Fuck this shit so much, whenever I see a movie with a shitton of dumb ass one liners in it that just feel like they didn't belong in the script just takes me out of place and makes the scene feel less immersive. It's like the move has literally paused and the actors are reading off a slip with a blank face and saying the dumb shit like "You just don't get it do you?!?!" , "Better luck next time *wink*" , "Am I late to the party?" and whatever else bullshit there is.

I'd be enjoying a lot more movies if these things never appeared again.

What about you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8X6bsBb6S4s
youtu.be/YQu3PLPvyAA?t=1m58s
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ?t=361
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

small selfbump

Dutch angles

I can live with that by I get what you mean, it doesn't fit sometimes when directors making a dramatic scene or something.

Stage 2

>Camera shake
There was a period that everyone did and over did it.
What a stupid bs was that

i hate when this faggot brendan gleason is in all of my fucking films

>Again this shit makes so many movies look bad. I know it's time consuming to make realistic punches but god damnit this shit is so fake It takes out the feeling of punch effect itself.It's the thing where they cut the punch just in the last frames and cut to a new angle and have the punching arm pullaway.
haha I watch every frame a painting too we are so smart XD jackie chan rulez lol

What movies is he in ? I don't recognize his name.

yo fuck that shit so much, I remember that in like 2010 or 2009 when it was the hot shit.

These aswell. especially that stage 2 shit.

So, like the Photoshop lens tool, these are legit tools that can be used but 99% of the time they are used horribly.

Jackie Chan fights don't even look realistic

You can thhnk Shpielberg and saving private goyim for that one

>lens flare

what is stage 2?

youtube.com/watch?v=8X6bsBb6S4s
Shit movie but they didn't cut frame and made it look more fucking legit than so many other movies.

Maybe not to you but it feels more realisitc for me, it feels like the punches actually have a effect when you can see them landing and the actor reacting to it other than the punch cut frame thing that's been going on for a while.

Another recent example of a decent scene where the punching felt real is the Captain america civil war.

youtu.be/YQu3PLPvyAA?t=1m58s
It looks alright because you can see the punches impact and effect. I love that shit.

Jesus what a miserable cunt you must be.

don't recognise his name? hey what's your email and phone number, maybe i'll pay you a visit sometime or maybe do a little more than visit...

>shit in movies
>first whine is about trailers

what the fuck?

It's literally their Jackie Chan video copied verbatim in the form of a post, what else do you expect as a reaction?

wow congrats on being a fucking cunt for no reason

not him but I think you're projecting. you seem to be really defensive about opinions on film as if you hold them to some kind of social status. relax friend :)

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Relax your anus retard.

you literally didn't listen to a word he said you fucking doofus

So what if he got the point from something else, you're just a bitter autist with some holier than thou attitude over something so fucking petty.

>>you literally didn't listen to a word he said

youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ?t=361

Here's the literal timestamp for morons who don't have the attention span to watch a 9 minute video.

i believed you when you said that he copied it, my point was who cares :)

What do you really want from this? Admttance that I got the idea from that video itself? Sure I admit, It hadn't crossed my mind for a while now that the fighting scenes were cut on all punches. . But I saw all the early Jackie chan movies in my childhood and they feelt incredibly real to me compared to this new punch cut frame thing going on. And when I saw that video like a month ago or something it got to me a little bit. I've seen movies for a while now with that fighting style that havenĀ“t feelt engaging at all, just like 2 stuntment doing everything choregraphed like a dance. Always felt like the actors never actually acted out the fighting scenes but more like posed for the shots withouth immersing themselves in the scenes or touching eachother at all.

>Inb4 samefag fag or "you defended yourself earlier"
Those guys weren't me

>character lies to get close to another character
>they develop an actual connection
>other character discovers the lie and feels betrayed
>"no you don't understand! yes I lied at first, but then I got to know you!"
Seriously Hollywood, write something new you hacks
I liked it in how to lose a guy in 10 days where they subverted this trope because both characters had been lying

I might actually watch that while eating later. Thanks for the title.

>whenever a fighting scene comes on

When will fighting scenes be treated as gratuitous as sex scenes are today?

>Again this shit makes so many movies look bad. I know it's time consuming to make realistic punches but god damnit this shit is so fake It takes out the feeling of punch effect itself.It's the thing where they cut the punch just in the last frames and cut to a new angle and have the punching arm pullaway.

every frame a painting thread, and yeah hes right

>20 minute long gun battle
>everyone talks afterwards in normal voice as if they wouldn't be deaf and disoriented

>guns with no recoil

>shitty gun sounds

>infinite ammo

>headshot from 50 yds away with a pistol in one shot

>Someone is shot in the arm
>they don't close the wound in anyway or stop the bleeding

I'd believe it if they got shot in the palm since there's so little veins there but the fucking biceps or something is just bullshit. There's a massive bloodflow through there man. You gonna pretend like that mofo ain't gonna pass out after getting shot in the arm and going around for 30 minutes?

That webm has two things that will never appear in movies again

kek

>watch a series
>skinny girl (maybe 60 kg) holds 1 assault rifle in each arm
>drop the series

Battleship was such a retarded fun movie, Fuckking battleship drifting scene was awesome, someone should make a clip of it with that drifting song everyone loves so much....although it was kinda retarded how the ayys decided the massive fucking ship full of guins wasnt a threat because it pointed its guns somewhere else...of course any fucking warrring race that came that far and saw this ship would have blown it the fuck out anyway.

Battleship was great
Most of the people that criticise it are Nolanites who never actually saw it but assume it's shit because Michael Bay produced it and it's based on a boardgame

>movie is based on Battleship game
>it isn't about Battle of Jutland or hunt for Bismarck but some shitty alien invasion
>still no high-budget WW Master & Commander
I'm still mad

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I'm watching this movie right now and it's great man

yeah, i wouldn't say it's amazing, but it's very comfy and entertaining enough

It's just entertaining as fuck. Can't stop smiling of all the fun scenes.

>anonymous image board
>ego

i really am