Can somebody please tell me what the fuck happened in Crimea...

Can somebody please tell me what the fuck happened in Crimea? I am unable to sift through the globalist shit and the Sup Forums putin circlejerk shit.

Even if the area was ethnic Russians who wanted to be annexed, you still can't power grab. That would be like the abundance of beaners in California precipitating Mexico annexing it which is retarded.

>you still can't power grab.
They can and they did.

Kosovo is Albanian, Crimea is Russian and Aztlan is Mexican. All of these things can be true.

Obviously, but they're still dicks.

The seizure of the Crimean peninsula was a reaction to the Western-friendly coup that happened in Kiev. The Crimean peninsula is a bit of a clusterfuck, it was supposed to be Russia's after the USSR collapsed, but the higher ups were like meh, Ukraine is friendly anyways and we got basing rights in Sevastopol. What the Russians didn't count on was NATO expansion into Eastern Europe.

I'm not sure if I believe that the US was behind the Kiev coup, but there are some suspicious details. If the Maidan coup really was a total grassroots revolution, why is the Western media so afraid of mentioning it? Even with all the talk of Crimea, the actual Euromaidan gets limited exposure.

>still can't power grab
That's how 100% of countries in the world were created. yes, it's somehow against the international law. Maybe. Because there was a coup in Kiev and all mess. Democracy won, lol.

Nobody asked people when Commies divided Russia into pieces. But international community supports it like they supported a military coup in 1917 made by a bunch of literal terrorists. So don't expect the majority here to pay attention to these laws, they have zero justice anyways. People's will first and everything else second.

Russia promised to protect Ukraine if they ditched their nuclear weapons. So now Russia can fuck them in the boypussy.

Russia feared that Ukraine would join the EU.
So they started sending weapons and troops to aid pro Russian seperatists in Ukraine.
When they occupied the Krim, which is required for Russias navy, they held a referendum in the Krim if they wanted to join Russia or stay with Ukraine.
The referendum got insanely fraudulent, with massive amount of fake votes, while many Ukranians boycotted the referendum, enabling Russia to win with an insane margin (although they might have won if there had been a fair referendum).
So now Russia claims the Krim is theirs. Whike Ukraine denies it.

And then the rebels who were totally not backed by Russia shot down that Malaysian airplane with many Dutchies, which ensures Germany and the Netherlands (who were somewhat neutral in the affair for economic reasons) allowed the anti Russian boycots to happen.

When you look at the world as a huge anarchy, it will make sense, you can't own land without force, the UN is only there to prevent wars, but guess what, they don't have resources enforce their rules upon the world, they just expect other countries to abide by their resolutions (laws) and if that does not happen, tough shit.
The people decided to give their loyalty to Russia, Ukraine could do only two things:
Deport the people
Kill everyone
Both places them under bad light, and everybody loves the victim for some reason, whining in the UN seems a lot less damaging for them.

Also, the Krim has many native Russian living on it. And Putin said he would do anything to protect Russian minorities abroad.

So the baltics instantly shat their pants. As they have a large Russian minority as well. So thats why Nato is sending troops there.

There was a (((coup))) in Kiev, and people in Crimea just didn't want to sit there and take it, so they seceded.

What's so hard to understand about that? Here's a Putin Saint specially for you.

wow, what a twisted sequence of events

are you, by any chance, a (((journalist)))?

What do you mean?

t. RIDF

>they might have won if there had been a fair referendum
Ha-ha. No. Only if they believed that thwy're gonna become a EU welfare kid. crimea is the shittiest part of Ukraine except Lugansk, it's like backwater parts of Russia in 90s. They have no sentiments for the regime that gave them zero and refused to accknowledge #1 state language as official.

I meant pro-Russians might have won the referendum in a fair referendum. But there has not been a fair referendum.

Oh, I see. I guess you're right.

But it's pretty odd if one region can organize a referendum independent of it's national government and just leave the country.

Because not only the people living in the Krim are in charge of the Krim, but all the people of Ukraine.

>haha yea fuck what the whole population of the region wants
>calls himself democratic
I don't get this meme

The only thing upholding the laws are the people that can enforce it and if Ukraine can't enforce it's laws then Russia can """"""legally"""""" hold whatever fucking referendums it wants tbqh.

Russia got mad when their puppet was overthrown and didn't like having to pay Ukraine for their naval station. Crimea had a majority population due to Russian Empire and Soviet policies to reduce the people already there, these Russians preferred living in Russia (Russian media said the Ukranians would bully them) and supported Russia annexing it. Russia also can now exploit oil in the surrounding sea.

The conflict is still going on in areas with lots of shale gas yeah.

1991 treaty was illegal anyways.

>What do you mean?

I mean that you represented the events out of chronological order on purpose because you are paid to do so.