Good third wave post rock doesn't exi-

Good third wave post rock doesn't exi-

-st

vincent sucks

That's not even the best Yume Bitsu album.

you keep posting this over and over again, do you have a goal in mind?

Spam this enough until more people know about Yume Bitsu. Regular discussion threads don't work so I must meme.

What's your favorite by them?

what are the different waves of post-rock?

Can't tell you what constitutes second wave but first wave was early 90s efforts subverting rock convention with rock instrumentation in general so there's no one definitive sound per se, but commonly cited acts include Talk Talk, Tortoise, Slint, Stereolab, and mid 90s Swans. Third wave is generally the derivative "crescendocore" style that post-rock is generally associated with, which is a shame since post-rock in general was a far less pigeonholed genre in its first wave incarnation. I'd imagine early Godspeed would have to be an example of second wave if I had to guess.

It's weird though because as "second wave" and innovative as Godspeed is (was, in this context) you have to admit that some of their hallmark work is crescendocore, just done very well. Ive always had an issue with that name desu

Golden Vessyl of Sound

something something Grails

you have ten seconds to explain me what's wrong with crescendos and "crescendocore"

It's poopy.

>3.24 on RYM
No thanks.

It's inconsistent as fuck but the first track is stellar. I imagine it's getting voted down because the rest of the album is meh.
Also:
>Trusting rym ratings

>tfw this board only talks about third wave because it's americentric as fuck

It gets to be too predictable. Godspeed especially just gets boring when you know exactly where the tracks are going each time.

Nothing wrong if its used in a cool or entertaining way. Eits just kind of pioneered rehashing the same played out symphonic movie score sound endlessly. Listen to this will destroy you for good crescendocore, mono too.

This is second-wave you dribbling moron.

>acting like Sup Forums doesn't know Yume Bitsu without your spamming

How fucking new are you?

But this board actually doesn't know them. Try posting a serious discussion on Yume Bitsu. You can count with one hand the maximum number of unique replies it would get.

bravo

Everyone always gets ticked off when someone reposts a lesser-known album that deserves discussion, but you'll give the countless vapid Grimes and St. Vincent threads a pass? Are you all waifufags?

Sorry, but that's a flawed assessment.

First of all, even the most well known of bands has a few threads that go straight to page 10, especially if the OP isn't in the form of shitposting, memeing, or trolling. "Serious discussions" will often get you nowhere. Second of all, during the saturation of "post-rock" threads a number of years ago, YB was a well-worn recommendation. Third, you're wrong. Or fourth, maybe the new wave of Sup Forums since I've been gone doesn't really know them and I'm clinging to the past.

It's shifting interests in Sup Forums. This new generation is obsessed with memerap, of course they wouldn't look into bands like Yume Bitsu. Plus, it's easier to talk about post-rock albums that are already talked about by people like Fantano and praised on p4k and whatnot.

we know them, they're just not that interesting to keep talking about. on an objective critical level this will destroy you or russian circles is more worth talking about than long-form-pseudo-ambient-rock that has been spammed since 1998

Wait since when are there three waves? Are you counting rock as the first phase of postrock?