How to fix your sleeping schedule?

How to fix your sleeping schedule?

Sup /b, my sleep schedule has been fucked for a good 6 years now. I've been trying to fix it for a long time, but no success. it sucks sleeping through an entire day, and then up till 9 am the next day. You tards got any solutions? Inb4 prescription meds, don't wanna go down that road

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S105381191300921X
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18802415
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ana.23636/abstract;jsessionid=3787FB4A72846B94541734231F04B16A.f01t01
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pull an 'all dayer' and and set alarm go to sleep like 9 pm , set alarm in de morning. And keep those 2 alarms for a week or 2.

Been trying this, always pass out. I'll load up on caffeine and nicotine tonight and get it done.

The only way to do it is to force yourself to get up early. Set your alarm and put it away from your bed so that you're forced to get up to turn it off. One day won't fix this problem either. You'll have to do this for about a week. Take some melatonin (not every night though) and read before bed.

it's an easy fix you tard. don't sleep for one night, stay awake for all of the following day, and then you go to sleep at 9 on that day's night. It's not that hard, unless you stay home all day and do nothing of importance.

well you've gotta clear case of nigga

Will do

exercise more or at all...kill the stimulants. eat real food. make and maintain a schedule.

I like being awake at night, It's quiet, easy to just sit down with a nice book, no one complains about blunt smoke, it's nice, but the shit I do requires me to be awake during the day, wanna get a night job soon. It's not as bad as you make it out to be, op.

I recently quit my 2nd shift job to pursue a higher paying one that's 1st shift. Also, I just hate having this schedule. haven't been doing shit all day for a while now, besides trying to get my schedule fixed and getting the job.

For me its depressing, I don't know why. I'm also trying to change my life around and this is a requirement.

If something like this is depressing to you then it's not the problem, being awake in the day won't fix it.

I reccomend taking melatonin. Its a non-perscription drug that is very helpful. Take that, go outside one hour daily in the sun, get more omega-3s (salmon) and drop the screens an hour before beddy bye. If you have restlessness at night then you may have insomnia, in which case you basically have to see a doctor.

1. Stay up all night and day until your desired new bed time. Not always effective, depends on person.

2. Incrementally shift your schedule by setting an alarm for an hour earlier than your usual wake up time, then an hour earlier the next day, and so on. Least hassle, least tiresome.

3. Set a sleep cycle alarm, one that goes off when your phone or smart watch detects you out of a deep sleep, for a reasonable wake up time. You won't get a ton of sleep, but you'll be more refreshed than if you just forced yourself up with any other alarm, or stayed awake the entire time. Keep like this until you're set.

4. Sleeping pills, every night at the same time. You'll feel like shit the next morning for most kinds, but you'll immediately be on schedule.

To maximize the effect of any one of these, tire yourself out before the desired bed time. Get plenty of exercise, lay off caffeine 8-12 hours prior to bed time, and DO NOT do anything stimulating in your bed. No video games, TV, reading, etc. You can go back to that once your schedule is reset.

Will agree here, but to stay up through the day I have to have something to keep me awake. Otherwise I'll just pass out and not even realize it until I wake up at 4 that afternoon

Good advice user, will take into consideration

That's not entirely true. Due to life circumstances, I've gotten my schedule switched and I hate it. It depresses me because it makes it difficult to do normal shit and get my shit together.

I'm tethered to my girlfriend's schedule though, as I'm her driver to work. She's getting her license soon so it will no longer be an issue, but I miss waking up in the morning and feeling like I have an entire day to live rather than just a few hours before I'm stuck in the house at night until I fall asleep around 5am.

For some, it can be hella depressing not getting out in the day. Hell, the lack of vitamin D can have a major effect on plenty of people.

I used to take sleep aids maximum strength, so I have an extreme tolerance to those. If none of these options listed by anons work, then I'll just go to a doc.

It's bad for your physical and mental health to not stick to a normal sleeping schedule. People who work night shifts often have more depression and health problems than people who sleep and wake up at normal hours.

Two things at the same time.

One, get a grow light and put it on a timer. Off when you want to sleep, on when you want to be awake. You can try to sleep with the lights on, but it's not going to work. You'll be so tired that you'll pass out the second that light goes off. A few weeks and you'll be set.

In case you still have a problem getting to sleep, smoke weed. Toke up like 2-3 hours before your light is scheduled to go off, smoke about a bowl an hour until that light goes off. If you're laying in bed stoned when that light switches off you'll crash like Bruce Jenner is driving.

It's worth a shot though

Most people don't have other people that they're schedules are tethered to, you're probably trying to be awake during the day and as a result becoming sleep deprived. Where I live most people are deficient of vitamin d anyway because the sun's only out like 3 months out of the year and it's always cold, but that can be solved by just taking a vitamin man.

Funny enough, I Grow. I've got a T5, but no timer for it. Bud usually works as a weak sedative for me, but I'm dry right now

It's actually doesn't matter, as long as you get enough sleep during the day, many humans naturally have nocturnal circadian rhythms and being awake in the day is harder for them.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S105381191300921X
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18802415
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ana.23636/abstract;jsessionid=3787FB4A72846B94541734231F04B16A.f01t01

OP here, I'll cap this thread and try every option listed. If nothing works I'll go to a doc.

just gotta give in to it op, you're naturally a night person, you'll never get a solution through medication.

>you're probably trying to be awake during the day and as a result becoming sleep deprived

Sleep from 5 to 1 with no issues. I feel fine physically, feel plenty refreshed by my sleep... I just operate a hell of a lot better if I get up in the morning, and I like the day. I like the night plenty too, but I can't go to stores, or parks, or other outdoor recreation at night. I miss jogging at one of my local county forests. Jogging near home means running along the highway at night... not fun.

And you're right, vitamin D issues can be helped by supplements (D3 specifically, anything else is shit), but people actually have to take it. People who don't are likely to be more depressed if they're not naturally getting it.

You may be right, but I'm still gonna give it my best shot at changing it.

Get an HPS bulb and hang it from the ceiling close to your bed. Trust me, you will not sleep with that thing on.

noted, may glue my eyelids open as well.

It's not hard to break the rhythm

Coming from someone who worked full time night shift in a mental hospital for a year while pursuing school during the day

Would work through night, leave work go to class, eat, sleep, eat "dinner", go to work, repeat

Sometimes class was in the.middle of the day so that really fucked up my sleep

the key yo it is you have to completely exhaust yourself

Would have work Friday and go home weekends. Would stay up all Friday, drive home, pass out at 10pm, most wonderful sleep ever

Also, if you have a computer or electronic device where you sleep, remove it from the room, the room where you sleep should only be for that purpose

I suggest the light because I know it worked for me, and it's also well known that light can be used to reset your biological clock.

Yea I usually open my window blinds fully so It lights up the room, may just need even more light.

Yea this time I'm doing it by the book. I'll stay up until time to go to bed, then put all electronics away and eliminate any light source. Also setting an alarm for 7am, and try to find things to do around the house that will tire me out.