What's his best film?

What's his best film?

Post Alfred Hitchcock's feet pls

I prefer north by northwest but I am a simple man

Rope
North by Northwest

Choose one

Psycho

Rear window is my favourite. And it's comfy as fuck.

NbNW and Vertigo are his best, but he's made like a dozen master-tier films

Pleb best: Vertigo

Contrarian best: Rope

Real best: North by Northwest

This

Rear window isn't comfy. It's incredibly suspenseful.

Nah it's not. Aged like milk

Notorious you dumb fucks

its a tough choice between rope and rear window for me

North By Northwest or Rear Window

I'd say the concentration camp footage he shot for the allied propaganda department were pretty good. He worked with everything he had available and he made the world believe that those corpses of german soldiers he lined up were actually all jews somehow. Truly a masterful directorial feat

>Elder God-Tier
Rear Window
Strangers on a train
Psycho
North by Northwest
Vertigo
>God-Tier
Notorious
Shadow of A Doubt
Rope
Rebecca
Dial M For Murder
Life Boat
The Lodger
Frenzy
Trouble With Harry
The Lady Vanishes
>Still great maybe even essential-tier
Marnie
39 Steps
Foreign correspondent

Seriously? Strangers and Rear Window are that much better than Notorious and Rebecca?C'MOOOON PLEB

Rear Window is complete shit. Hitchcock is the most overrated director of all time. Only had a handful of good movies.

>Strangers on a train

What a terrible movie. No substance at all

Sabetour is an underrated movie though.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Notorious

>Rear Window is complete shit.

How is it shit? You're wrong.

Yeah this, that was legitimately a bad movie.

Notorious, Rebecca, Vertigo, Psycho, NbNw are probably his only great movies, and even then they aren't that good

There wasn't any real suspense to it. The dialogue was lame for the most part, and the shots weren't good. It's cheap with the whole making you think "oh he didn't do it, but wait he did do it, but wait... he didn't etc..." The lady with the pills felt forced. Just a boring movie I don't understand why people think this is one of the greatest films of all time.

Pleb choice: North by Northwest / Rear Window

Patrician choice: Vertigo

>It's cheap with the whole making you think "oh he didn't do it, but wait he did do it, but wait... he didn't etc..."

This was done well I thought. There was suspense when the girl went into the guy's place and you see him returning. I also really enjoy James Stewart.

It's also a clever concept. We are trapped in that room with James Stewart and basically see everything from his eyes. From memory we don't leave that room until the end of the movie. Yet it manages to remain interesting throughout.

AKA STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

>Patrician choice: Vertigo

That's the one most people would choose and I agree. Most his films aren't very special though.

Any love for the films Sabatoge, Rope Saboteur, Stage Fright? They were pretty good.

No theyre great films, you might not have taste or are unknowingly bringing down the quality of films by being a butt mad contrarian film maker punishing their audience for being "stupid"

Rope.

Child I have far more taste than you, I don't parade entry level, plebian directors like Hitchcock around as the greatest of all time.

My favorite director is Marc Á La Marcofeld. He created such movies as Le Foreign Artsy Filme and Prétention. They are black and white by the way. But you wouldn't know of him, he's not mainstream you see...

If anybody has heard of a director then he is far too mainstream for my exquisite tastes.

BTFO
T
F
O

Hitchcock is pleb. You were already BTFO so stop with the damage control

Notorious,Rear Window, Spellbound

Everything else is reddit

>samesummerbitch

If you don't think Hitchcock is one of the greatest of all time, you're the one with pleb tier tastes, user. By the way, pleb tier masquerading as patrician is actually worse than regular pleb tier.

Pretty much ever great director and film critic disagrees with you on this subject, but I'm sure you know better than all the Cahiers du Cinema guys who worshiped him.

If you really need it spelled out for you, read Hitchcock/Truffaut.

you mean flick

Hitchcock is a fucking hack. He was influental to other pleb directors but that's about it.

>muh suspense

lmao

>pleb directors
>the entire French New Wave

Admit it, you're a faggot who just got a KG account and now you're pretending to know about cinema because you saw a couple films that weren't on the Sight & Sound Top 100.

At least he told interesting stories, with interesting characters, with interesting direction, with interesting out comes. Cause you know when I watch a movie I like it to actually adhere to the rules of character and story telling, not, you know..."patrician"

this is pretty much how I feel. Most "patrician" movies have been complete shit.