>tfw you realize that 99% of the times listening to albums is not worth it

Is there any album without fillers?

Define filler

They're called EPs.

songs that are forgetful, dull and uninspired

>mfw you have the attention span of an ant

That's not what filler means.

then what it means?

Filler would imply that the song or songs were put on the album solely for the sake of filling up space or padding, and would otherwise not be there. Filler does not mean "I don't like it" or "I find it boring."

99% of the times songs that were put on the album solely for the sake of filling up space or padding end up being forgetful, dull and uninspired

you are just talking about albums that are objectively ubiquitously 10/10 that you can play front to back and are a pure work of art...

I don't think I can name even 10 examples of this BTW

yeah, even great albums have one, two or three not so good songs

Psychic powerless and another mans sac - buttonhole surfers. No filler at all

you're just being incredulous, if you want to hear what filler actually is put on a random pre- pet sounds beach boys album. the random 3 minute long instrumentals song are an example of filler. not a normal "dull and uninspired" song that you don't like. Filler songs where created to fill up space in that the record companies wanted to make albums longer so it seemed like they were more worth buying. filler usually shows up on pop albums where people are only really buying them for the single.
Rubber Soul was a big deal because it was a very mainstream album with no filler.

I was in full support of you but Summer Means New Love is a great track.

yeah I understand what you mean forsure, even the best albums have one or two songs that might throw off the "perfect"

But I have maybe 3-4 albums that are absolutely flawless in my mind. Not that anyone else agrees with that measure though

What are they?

The closest an album that I've listened to has come to not having any fillers in Enter the Wu-Tang.

If it wasn't for that fucking Intermission, the album would be absolute perfection.

hip hop
>36 Chambers
>vaudeville villain/op: doomsday
electronica/pop
>give up
>good news for people who enjoy bad news
>is this it?
>translanticism
instrumental
>something Nujabes
rock n' roll
>something Beatles or Billy Joel etc.
I don't know now that I write it out it seems sort of random and shite but that's how I feel. Barring old classical like Mozart's Requiem there are only a handful of albums from the 20th/21st century that I could play on an endless loop

meant for

haha oh wow

judge it how you will fellow. I listen to many many things across many genres and I have deemed these particular albums to be absolutely "flawless" within the context of their time period/genre/ etc.

>oh wow
I mentioned some of the greatest selling and prolific artists of their respective genres so I don't know what you had in mind exactly.
>inb4 sales don't mean something is good
yes it actually does

>99% of the time songs that are forgetful, dull, and uninspired were put on the album solely for the sake of filling up space or padding
is what you would have said if you wanted to make a valid argument. But that wouldn't be true, now, would it?

In all honesty, there are quite a few albums that I don't consider having any "fillers." I'm sure nobody will agree with me but pic related for instance.

>I listen to many many things across many genres
indie rock, meme rap, the list could go on...

and here i thought this thread couldn't get any more autistic

I would say that none of my fav albums have any tracks that I would call "filler"

>meme rap
MF DOOM and Wu Tang? are you stupid or gay or both?
>indie rock
>"indie"

yeah strokes and modest mouse are totally "indie" fucking kys please

lmao

Filler is subjective. Personally, a lot of the albums I enjoy I do so from top to bottom. If I were to toss any one attempt at emperical evidence of an album without filler, I'd probably say Portishead's Dummy. Cohesive enough to have a distinct identity, each song is punctuated by ideas or concepts that justify their presence, and it flows well without overstaying its welcome. Conventionally speaking it's one of the closest things to an objectively faultless record that I've heard.

lmao give me your idea of a "perfect album" please. I need a good laugh. It's life of pablo isn't it?

I tend to look for albums that last 35 minutes or less, you don't find much (or any) filler on those.

>"""instrumental"""
>a genre
>first thing you think of his instrumental hip hop instead of classical or jazz
are you a teenage girl?

but I mentioned that the entire thing was an aside from "classical" like Mozart's Requiem or did you not even read the post? you want my real opinion? music died in 1790 with Mozart and every other faggot who has ever tried to compose music since is really just in a separate league of their own.

nujabes is amazing instrumental that literally incorporated jazz, hip hop, all of the above as I am sure you already know so why you would try to knock it is beyond me. have you not noticed that there are like 10,000 youtube producers who are all trying to emulate nujabes' sound? he might as well be his own genre

AHAHAHAHAHAA. ok

you are crazyaga levels of retarded

you know something is really poppin when it has 8 thumbs on youtube
that's what's hot in the streets right now

what board did you crawl out of?

leave

>1hr of jazz solos
nah you gtfoh

there is a reason that some people are only ever background musicians and never make it to the forefront. what do I care about some guy who one time did the backing instrumental for ella fitzgerald or tony bennet? tony and ella are the real talent.. not just the background accompaniment of nobodys

this album won the grammy for album of the year you retarded drop of anal sweat

compared to what? all the other annoying hour long presses of jazz solos? I am not impressed.

i mean it's no nujabes but i think this stan getz guy really has some potential!

you are right he is no nujabes. he is good for playing annoying hour long jazz solos while nujabes could sample him and make a handful of beautiful ambient sounds from nothing-ness and isn't constrained to the range of only one measly instrument