Mfw the local newspaper is more patrician than p4k

>mfw the local newspaper is more patrician than p4k

what happened?

I'm going to leave this apple pie here for a few minutes. Make sure nothing happens to it, please!

*om nom*

*licks lips*

POWER

AND

ELECTRONICS

Oh wow I didn't even realize

"They call it rap because that's what you want to do - wrap it up"

le wrong generation tier criticism.

doesn't even mention a single rap artist he dislikes.

wtf good vibrations isn't about sex

>She's givin' me excitations
How do you figure?

>Pink is one of the few contemporary artists worth listening to, in a vacuous era of music and various hybrid versions, because she can actually sing.

>Thank God for the last vestige of Pink.

This old man is so oblivious to how clueless he is that it's actually kind of endearing to listen to him talk about modern music -- it's quaint.

LISTEN TO HOPSIN FOR THE TRUTH

>Pink is one of the few contemporary artists worth listening to

oh shit sorry i tripped

not clueless. singing is a technical ability, which she possesses, however the melodies she chooses are orthodox. all true

No I am saying he is clueless because it's obvious how little actual knowledge he has of the music he is supposedly trying to talk about here.

He mentioned Pink and then a bunch of acts who were big when he was younger: Stevie Nicks, The Beach Boys, The Moody Blues, even fuckin Bing Crosby lmao.

He said all of this in an article that was *supposedly* about rap. This guy doesn't know anything about it. He is talking out of his elderly ass.

>Prismall
>Prismadoll

as long as rap exists as a vehicle for retarded ideas it will remain a low art form. pure sound, pure rhythm and tones....these matter more than "lyrics" ever will. writing melody is a distinct activity separate from, as he says monotone rhythmic utterance. melody is foreign to "rap" and music divorced of melody is never complete

>as long as rap exists as a vehicle for retarded ideas it will remain a low art form.

I know it's a low art form, friend. I spend most of my private time pursuing high art. I am well aware of this.

That doesn't change the fact that this old man was talking out of his ass during the whole of this "article" and bluffing his way through.

>Sup Forumstants debating high art vs low art forms
what percentage of art do you contribute to the world? if the answer is "none %" then kindly consider bleach

Calm down son don't ramp your angst up from 1 to 11 over nothing.

MAY I SUGGEST

>music divorced of melody is never complete
Holy shit. You are a very closed-minded person. Why are you even on mu if you would have an opinion like this?

Is this thread meant to prove that ppl who write off entire genres of music have no idea what theyre talking about? Or enlighten us on how pink is the laat remaining muse or that somehow melodies arent melodies when theyre in a rap song?

look at those fuckers having the time of their lives

this guy's writing is shite. and pink??????? wtf

Why are you even on mu if you can't properly retort an opinion like that?

>They call it rap becasue that's what you want them to do – wrap it up.
wtf I hate rap now

terrible prose