Rap

Hip hop and trap

i will cry tears of joy the day trap dies

If digits, trap dies before 2018

unironically, vaporwave

OP here, can you justify your choices?

kpop

ya

All music should be snuffed out. It's against Allah.

country and rap

Indie

Mainstream pop music

Indie Folk like you hear in commercials

Hip hop

post rock

internet rap gimmick bullshit

hip hop, reggae and "soul"

trap

but white guilt retards need to stop worshipping useless niggers like future and young thug in order for that to happen.

amen inshaallah durka durka kebab brudda

they are dead genres that are overplayed, nothing to do with the colour of the skin

Modern British """""indie""""" music

Oh yeah, I must be racist. Not like there's any legit criticism of internet rap, like the fact that it's 90% marketing/branding and 10% substance

These.
Not disagreeing (except for reggae. There are still reggae records being made I like. Most of it is trash though. I love hip-hop too but it's stagnated so bad in the past few years. White boys are clueless), but what exactly do you mean by "soul"?

rap

the "new wave" of soul, if you like.None of dat instrumentation I liked.Nothing like this
youtube.com/watch?v=oUNz3A1cVus

...comes out anymore.
I am a bit of a "dad" when it comes to soul and funk.I just can't seem to dig any new style of soul and r&b music.

Honestly, i hope music gets less niggery, rap is boring as fuck and there are like 30000 guys named lil nigglet who all auto tune mumble rap.
And i want that stale, banal, corporate EDM to die, i want electronic music to go back to like being something listened to by bleepmen, maybe an american IDM movement starts up or something

I want poptamism to die, i want critics to scrutinize the fuck out of pop music again.

I hope kim jong un nukes south korea, only way the kpop threads will stop

This world could be so much better

metal
over rated

Go back to Pakistan where this is acceptable Jesus Christ

trap

Yeah, Donny's a king. I can't say I know any modern soul off the top of my head. Care to give an example?

Charles Bradley?

I saw a band live called Tristan that I thought were great.
Though I don't listen to soul so they may not be all that great.

gnarls barkley and shit like that just doesn't click, dunno why..
Heck even Beyonce is categorized as soul by some, imagine how corrupt the genre is
>modern

Meme rap

You should check out D'Angelo.

His first album was like, 2011

link me their hottest single senpai ;)

yeah man, but he ain't playin' "modern soul", his act is more of a tribute than anything else

Right, see what you mean

Could someone translate this for me?
I don't speak Arabic

Vaporwave and all of its variants. Any dumb internet genre, really. Music's already a big circlejerk. Meme genres are just huge inside jokes for teenagers so they can feel like they're a part of something.

I honsetly think the main problem is modern production. Everybody wants the compressed pop sound. Fucking everybody.

production in general has become a joke nowadays

house

I wouldn't say that. I'd say that what people are trying to emulate sounds horrible and so what we get are albums that always sound worse than the old stuff.

this is the problem.emulating and not trying to create something that doesn't sound so manufactured

gotta get them instagram views

oi rudeboi shut up

word

Good news, it's already dead

As anything of worth its dead. Now it's corpse is being paraded around for the normalfags to laugh at.
It needs to be buiried.

Ed Wittencore

any rock revivalist genre

metal needs to die. The fan base is cancer and all of the album art makes me want to vomit.

This genre of threads

might die with capitalism
so never, probably
nah, it needs a first wave revival
not as long as guitars are fun to play
grow up

>not as long as guitars are fun to play
revivals are the reason why rock is so shit now.
sick of that regressive cancer

Shoegaze

Trap and mumblerap.

Alternative r&b

this novelty-mania or whatever you wanna call it needs to die already
it's why everything is about style rather than writing now, because that's more easily recognizable as "new"
fuck that, music doesn't need to fucking progress, look at what it already branched out into

pop music is style

vaporwave amd whatever 'simpsonwave' is

I went into this thread thinking that all forms of music deserved to exist. This post reminded me why that idea is retarded.

>having awful taste in music

Dubstep

rock needs to innovate

Grime is probably the worst genre of all time nothing like blacks trying to steal British and/or other predominantly white cultures (as usual)

Corporate Folk

Does anyone even remember what folk is supposed to be anymore?

thankfully indie's being made not shit again by the likes of the fat white family, shame, goat girl etc. the 1975 and catfish and the bottlemen and the other cunts who tainted the meaning of indie still need machine gunned though

When people remix songs and place in a EDM Trap beat and speed up the vocals.
Its even more annnoying when they place in a 'drop' and then the 4 to the floor drop kicks in causing a 6.0 earthquake with the epicentre bieng a house party in LA.
Tropical house and big room house annoy me for the amount of reverb and echo they place on everything just to fill in a song.

go cuck yourself

Tasteless EDM has its place, I'd rather listen to that than "real" house if I'm drunk or at the gym

tropical house is nice while on xanax

This would be the best timeline.

>nothing like blacks trying to steal British and/or other predominantly white cultures (as usual)
fuck are you talking about about?

Mumble trap

Indie

pop punk, no question

House
Techno
Electro
UK garage
Grime
Dubstep
Drum and Bass

Electro swing 100%

Fuck non natives in England

Hip House

but Grime has nothing to do with anglo culture

And fuck chavs like you who ruin everyone's lives with your extremist attention-seeking.

Riot grrrl punk
It all sounds the same and it's all shit

>the secret diary of a rockist

Up until the nukes I mostly agree

I like pop but it should definitely be heavily scrutinized

This 100%
Or any "queer" bands
Fuck that shit. Not necessarily even politically, musically they're all fucking bad

Those rap instrumentals, pretty much all just funk and Jazz songs chopped up with a beat behind it

When everyone is trying to be a trap/dance hall fuck, otherwise all genres are cool

Ska and electro swing

Once trap rap and EDM die, other shitty genres will rise up to take their places.

I absolutely despise both genres, but I don't think that pop music will ever truly respect the art of music.

all music

OHHHHHHH-OO-WHOOOOAAAAAA
OHHHHHHH-OO-WHOOOOAAAAAA
HEY!