How do you deal with the everyday thought that the vast majority of people are oblivious to things they shouldn't be?

how do you deal with the everyday thought that the vast majority of people are oblivious to things they shouldn't be?

Firstly, examples please.

Secondly, Heineken out of glasses? What white trashy horseshit is this? You don't drink pisswater out of beer mugs

That looks like tasty meat, what will you do with it op?

like eating meat that comes from animals treated in inhumane conditions?

most people don't know what citizenship or democracy means, nor the difference between equity and equality, both of which are some of the main pillars of society.

how should our society be succesfull (as a society) if those who compose it don't know what they are, their part in it or it's supposed to work?

or how*

auto fix'd

if you mean the ass, well, i already did.

if you mean the beef, coarse salt and some nice barbecue.

cattle exists to serve us. wasn't for human interference, chickens, cows, pigs and other animals we consume on a daily basis would be extict. mass breeding of them for consumption makes their race impossible to be extinguished.

It's not that they don't know what it means, it's that everyone has their own opinion of what it is or should be. What do you believe citizenship means? And democracy?

>cattle exists to serve us.

is that a religious argument?

>wasn't for human interference, chickens, cows, pigs and other animals we consume on a daily basis would be extict.

you have 0 evidence of that... they survived for millions of years on earth well without our intervention

> mass breeding of them for consumption makes their race impossible to be extinguished.

so, breeding billions of them in small patches of land, just to be slaughtered over and over is somehow good for them? lol, no

you exerce your citizenship when you are aware of your rights and duties as a citizen. regardless of where you live, can you say that people know and understand the laws they abide to?

citizenship is when you do that, when you are aware of your position in a society and act according to it, both of which can't be done without what i stated on the first paragraph.

democracy is supposed to be the voice and opinions of the people bringing what the majority of them wants into play, politically. the problem is that, as people don't know things, they choose poorly, either from lack of knowledge or bad options to choose from, both of which are a recursive problem

>is that a religious argument?

no.

>you have 0 evidence of that... they survived for millions of years on earth well without our intervention

even if no other predator were to eat them (which isn't true), men itself would cause it to be exctint if he didn't learn he could breed them.

>so, breeding billions of them in small patches of land, just to be slaughtered over and over is somehow good for them? lol, no

not for them, for us

not for them, but for us. lions have no natural predators and basically the only one who kills them is the man. they are exctint.

now, if lions had any use for us, we would mass breed them, thus they wouldn't be exctint anymore.

i derped

bumpty

shameless self bump

Bumping again.
Interesting topic.

This sounds like an excuse to be an asshole but ok

how so?

Think about it harder.
Does seeing this influence your life in any way whether good or bad?
Then take that same question and apply it to those brain dead anons you're thinking about.
How would it benefit them if they're life doesn't revolve around that subject they are missing.

I don't see much difference between an animal being extinct and having its existence reduced to simply breeding for the slaughter

Stop thinking... its really easy, no seriously just stop giving a shit

I'm so fucking glad I dont see that shit... I can truly enjoy a burger without having to deal with this.. what a fucking world we live in

Really?
So animal with no human involvement went extinct?
But a animal being used as food didn't?
Also cannibalism still exists and closer than you think. How do these cannibalist survive And continue to breed if they eat the old and very young?
>inb4 plants n shit

quality of life, mostly. if you are aware of your rights and duties, it becomes easier to achieve (or demand) what you deserve (without the need of violence) and do what you must (without thinking you're doing someone a favor).

as an example, here in my country people believe politicians are some sort of heroes, that we should somehow praise them and pay them ridiculous ammounts of money. the lowest politican pay here is about 10-15 times the minimum wage, most of them are normal people that also get elected by normal people, which, since they are just as oblivious as everyone else, causes their job to be completely needless.

so either they resort to corruption (as they don't know what to do, they will just try to get more money) or they keep their position for 4 years, being paid a dream's sallary to do absolutely nothing useful. and people still think we owe them something.

yeah cause existing to serve and not existing is absolutely the same

most extinct animals disappeared without human interference lol

other predators, evolution, diseases, new or old, many factors take place to make a species cease to exist, not just humans.

i don't, it just bugs me that people who tend to complain their lives are shit are usually the ones to blame for having a shitty life

my point is that saying "hey, they can never be extinct now because we can breed them in cages for our own consumption" is a stupid justification

it's also no sustainable and wrecks the environment

not too far in the future we won't need them anymore, and either their population will be controlled, so they don't breed nor die too much, or they will disappear entirely as they serve no purpose on the food chain, other than feeding us

humans used to eat everything, including other humans, but as time passed, we got more... sophisticaded. life for 7 billion people is unsustainable and there will be a time where population growth will halt because of famine. until then, we need to explore whatever we can find.

i ignore it. in fact, ignoring or not caring is the best way to achieve happiness in life

also look up wu wei

i know a but about taoism. i follow the principles of stoicism myself. mostly don't care about that kind of shit, but i was curious about how other people do. also not caring and not noticing aren't the same thing.

good call tho

Rough time for you on the weekends huh? No one to arduously argue with like you do all day in your intro to creative writing class, while your fellow classmates roll their eyes and sigh over your pretentious and you further alienate yourself from any chance of impressing that cute girl you crush on so hard.

Don't worry user, school vacation is almost over, you'll be back to looking like an asshole to your whole high school soon enough.

i have a psychology degree and i have no idea what are you talking about lol

And what is your country?

Brazil.

pseudo intellectual spotted

What cut of meat is that? I've had it at a steak house and enjoyed it.

WTF`?
Are those steaks?
You are such faggots americunts!

I don't. I have REAL problems that are not solved by educating idiots about politics and economics. Get a live faggot.

i don't, it makes me rage
like yesterday i go to my local shops, only to see in front of me a 8 or 9 year old coughing like a fuckin smoker, so i walks around the shop to avoid her shitty germs, then she walks out so i wait a little longer and go to the counter and the little bitch comes back coughing and fuckin splutterin

ffs if your kids are ill, get off your fat welfare leachin ass and go to the fuckin shop yourself and stop your fucking kid spreadin diseases,
i fuckin dread avian bird flu hittin us or worse ebola

>how should our society be succesfull (as a society) if those who compose it don't know what they are, their part in it or it's supposed to work?
Like it is fuckhead. It was made this way. George washington was not a delusional fuck like you, thinking niggers and hillbillies will educate themselves and take part in the democratic system. He just made sure they had no reason to work against it.

yeah but you're talking about a president there. how can you deal with it when people do work against the democratic system, hillbillies or not?

also, by no means i want to sound like an intellectual. much on the contrary, those things i speak of should be common knowledge, pretty far from what one would need to be seen as intellectual, wise or smart.