Kitchen Nightmares-Capri

Were they retarded?

I don't know if they were retarded but there was something definitely wrong with them

>serving pizzas for 9 years
>not knowing how to make them
(cries)

No. Lots of normal not very smart people think running a restaurent is the perfect no-education job because "it's just cooking food". And so they take the food they like and grew up on and think other people will like it, which many don't.

This is one of the best episodes because they barely even argue with him and just take all of his lessons to heart. It's the reason they are still open (when most KN places aren't) and are doing well.

Why would they not be open for lunch? And only open for dinner like half the week? It's no surprise they were running out of money

Just lower your prices you fucking donut

Lazy. Even if you're only open for 2 hours for lunch it's worth it.

They were fucking lazy as shit, I don't think they ever cleaned after they bought the place

NO! IF I DO ANYTHING YOU SUGGEST NO MATTER HOW PRACTICAL IT MEAN I LOSE THIS IMAGINARY PSYCHOLOGICAL WAR THAT'S CONSTANTLY RAGING INSIDE MY MIND!

ALL OF MY REGULAR CUSTOMERS THAT I DON'T HAVE WILL BE MAD IF I CHANGE

four out of four u's

Of course

/ck/ here. this is absolutely true. I've worked with some absolutely clueless owners before. Including 2 brothers (not them) with zero experience who thought it would be "fun"
but they couldnt work a line to save their ass.

So glad I left that industry.

Just autistic as fuck.

It's actually pretty interesting knowing that they're one of the few restaurants still open. I'm sure their food is decent.

Oversized portions. Incorrect menu plan. Singles only policy drives away business.

I feel like people forget that it IS a business and not just some bake sale

of coursh

With a dish like that their restaurant will surely crash into the ground with no survivors

There is also a major problem with sunk cost fallacy.

If you're not serving food, your losing money and inventory, so you either end up serving border line ingredients (which ive done before) or overcompensate by buying in bulk on frozen shit (as weve seen on almost every KN)

Then they lose the pride, so cleaning and quality standards drop, then all of a sudden staff moral goes to shit, turnover increases, and the owner is just racking up debt.

In fairness, a good, professional cook for a mom and pop place that isnt a basket case or addict is tough to find. most of them are happy if they just show up on time.

That's what happens when you actually take Gordon's advice to heart. Barring the restaurants that ended up getting fucked by the economy anyway of course

> HNNNNG RAMSEY I'M GONNA KILL YA REEEEEEE

literally pepe

It's funny when people always try to say "But 70% of the restaurants he saved failed!" when roughly 80% of all restaurants fail for one reason or another.

He's a smart man, not a miracle worker.

If someone's just bad at running a business no amount of new chairs and better menus can save it

Literally get the fuck out, cancer

They were good people who just didn't know what to do
They weren't arrogant fucks like most of the owners
If you watch the episode the mexican guy who makes pizzas talk to them like equals not scared slaves

you first frogposter.

and hotheads say baneposting is dead.

Amazing what happens when you listen to him.

I think the worst was that couple in Louisiana who bought the place from a beloved local icon and just refused to listen to Ramsey. Just argued every single point and flat out lied to everyone.