Discuss

Discuss

I prefer to play it the second way mostly. Unless it makes the song sound too different then I will go out of my way to play it the first way.

superior bar chord race checking in

second way sounds a lot better and is for lazyfags

The former. Not that it really matters; you're just adding another 5th in.

Pic unrelated. Pronz just make everything better.

the second way emphasizes the third more, and also the high G will stand out more.

bar chords are the shit. fuck remebering different chords just know a few bar chords and move them upd and down the neck.

>For what purpose.jpg

Barre chord master race cunts

Also the high 5th adds a nice harmony in which I really like

Neither. My high e string broke a long time ago and I said fuck it. I don't need it.

That changes the timbre and doesn't leave any fingers spare. G with the three open strings, it's irrefutable.

he probably can't solo. just plays enter sandman like a boss

Technically, the one on the left is wrong. But it gives a fuller G sound than the actual G on the right. I play the G on the left.

Goddamn right I can't solo.

this

G on the right is right. Fuck the G on the left. It's wrong.

The second way. I play it with my last three fingers leaving my first finger free to do fancy things like hammer ons ect. The first has a slightly fuller sound, but you will see more experienced players use the second because it leaves open more options for creativity

A or B

More like bar cords sound like shit... Just sayin'

I actually use B.

Depends on the song. For example, "strawberry fields forever" uses both ways at diferent times for cool effect.

I want to congratulate you two on playing the bar chords properly, like our lord and saviour John Frusciante

Second for me. Rings out a lot more especially on acoustic.

first way you'll sound closer to acdc, second way you'll sound more folky. I like the second way because it reinforces the major third of the chord, giving it a slightly stronger quality to it.

Knowing both bar chords and open chords is optimal though. Bar chords are great because you can use them anywhere.

Sometimes if I'm playing a chord progression that is primarily bar chords, but one of those can be an open chord, I choose to play the open chord because it does have a difference in tone.

It's a more natural sound with the open strings ringing.

I use the second one if I'm going to have to switch to a G7.

>music theory fag here
its kinda like the second seems diminished even though they are considered to be enharmonic equivalents, imo it should be G Major on the right and G minor on the left

Using B is nice if you're letting the high E string be open, making the chord a Maj 7th. Otherwise that is the inferior way.

is two different chords you ignorant fuck

But which is the correct G? Care to explain?

>our lord and saviour John Frusciante
Literal retarded child detected.

None is wrong. Both are G major triad chords ( G-B-D) only the first one has another high D (fifth) while the second has another high B (third) instead.

It's not G minor. It has a major third...

ITT: Guitarists pretend they're musicians.

Both are. G major is made out of G, B and D. Both positions have those three notes. Both are G with just a different high ringing note.

I like putting the high B in there. You can't really hear the B on the A string because it's so close to the low G and D. Putting another D in there makes it sound flat and boring.

Why does one of these have to be wrong? I find i use #1 if i'm about to switch to something like C Major and #2 if I'm about to hit a D Major or similar.

Why does everyone shit on guitarists? What are you, some amazing pianist or saxophonist?

Smugmutha

I like triads for funk.

>sounds like shit unless distorted
>second way is superior if acoustic imo

Left hand G sounds fuller and more pleasing to my ear, especially on an acoustic, however I finger it differently to the way it's shown in the chord box. The way I do it is with my ring finger barring both the B and little E string, rather than fingering each one individually. It's less fiddly like that.

this guys got it

the one on the left is for elite guitarists who actually care about the sound theyre producing

/thread

Left every time cause it sound better.

Old Fag here but new to guitar, this has been a great thread for me learning. As a beginner the shape on the left is a bit harder for me to make but it does have a more full sound to my ear.