how do we save Sup Forums? I suggest banning teenagers

I suggest banning OP

Ban the discussion of hip hop and this place will improve vastly

This.

And ban Sup Forums crossposters.

I second this

hello mr frogman

>muh safe space

That's not the problem, I just don't come here to discuss Jews, Shills and Race wars.

>saged for frogposting
Reminder that you sound like a pathetic numale every time you use this unironically

>it's the daily "this board sucks" thread that has been made in every single fucking board since the beginning of Sup Forums

>think places where spamming is prohibited are "safe spaces"
you're the ones who should be hanged, really

there is no saving something that has been dead for a long time

Don't go into shitty bait threads. Discuss things civilly and not like a sperglord. Don't be a retard. You'll be fine. Ignore other retards. Eventually the culture of "let's be insolent shitheads, it's so cool" will die off.

Sup Forums is legitimately dying though, if you were here a few years ago you would notice this. Daily Beatles threads are normal now

newfag here. i feel the same, i love music but i feel so out of place here, everyone seems so elitist and bitter

Very much this
There's a distinct downward trend in quality of this board
MBDTF ruined this place

>MUH KEK NIGGERS FAGS AND WOMEN SUCK.

To be fair, there was a time when this board was into with DragonForce

you've never been to Sup Forums have you?

don't feed that troll.

>b-b-b-but there were always beatles threads
95% of the Beatles threads circa 2012 were scaruffi memes or trolling

I suggest banning you two retards

Sup Forums shouldn't be banned from Sup Forums to shut different ideas and opinions out, it should be banned to prevent political shitposters from making irrelevant threads. This is a music board, Sup Forums is the board for politics. That being said, Sup Forums is kind of a safe space itself.

That was semi-ironic, and don't get me wrong I do not want to go back to the primordial metalhead days

>Daily Beatles threads are normal now
Sounds like a sign it's improving.

Sounds like le Reddit army has arrived :3

>oh know people actually discussing music!
>but mah memes
God forbid

Also
>mug scarey reddit monster
Stopping this will improve Sup Forums

Honestly, I'd take DragonForce threads over the cult of Grimes we have now.
I stopped coming to Sup Forums for a while and since I've started browsing the board again I've seen maybe 2 threads actually discussing music and everything else is a random, imageposting general, a shitposting thread or a patting each other on the back/hugbox thread about Oasis or some shit. What I'm saying is, peak Sup Forums had at least 3 threads discussing music per week.

Why is it so hard to stick to reddit?

Never been there

Why is it so hard to come up with an actual argument instead of scapegoating?

a safe space for people who hate safe spaces

ITT: fags xdxdxdxdxdxdxdxd

any actual suggestions?

Make Hampus the moderator. Sup Forums will just be 2 generals: /trad/ and /shitpost/.

of what?

get rid of everybody who doesn't like the fall

this honestly lol

No. You shouldn't discuss politics on a board about music. Simple. That's why different boards exist.

An actual argument? Against what? I wasn't involved in your discussion, I just think Reddit apologists should be perma banned on spot, even if they claim to not use Reddit.

*unless politics is relevant to the music being discussed
The specific issue is people going out of their way to turn the discussion into a politics shitslinging contest.

A safe space for people who hate safe spaces for the people they don't agree with.

But then we'd lose all of our beloved radiohead threads, kanye threads, rap threads, meme album threads, and shitposting!

>An actual argument? Against what?
See >I just think Reddit apologists
Not relevant. I've never been there, I don't know what they think, I don't care. I'm just here to discuss The Beatles.

Just ban anyone under 21, place will improve overnight. Can't expect intelligent discussion from the unwise.

>implying this place isn't full of autistic man children

That's fine, you can discuss any band you want for all I care. Just don't be a Reddit apologist.

What instrument do you play and for how long?
Well, what's wrong with Reddit?

Get rid of kpop

t. 21 year old.

I'm praying to God for this

It's not compatible with Sup Forums. The site represents the decline of internet culture.

>cult of Grimes
Nice attempt at sarcasm.

Wrong.

>only intelligent people play instruments

ban Sup Forumstards and people who use the word "nu-male"

/thread

ban anyone who says the left is better

Why? How so?
>only intelligent people are 21+

have Sup Forums mod get off his ass and delete blatant Sup Forums vs tumblr threads
ban anyone who admits to being a redditor or speaks positively about reddit in any way
that's all i got right now

ban this person immediately

le bron is dae wongr grenation xPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpppppppppppp

Thanks for proving my point buds

>under 21s are wise to the world
Youth is wasted on the young.

get rid of grimes threads that aren't generals
be more elitist to kids who just repeat what anthony/p4k say
ban obvious Sup Forums threads about muh white indie race
ban tumblr threads
ban all "music for this feel threads"
be more elitist

not saying either side is better, I'm saying that this kind of cancerous baiting/shitposting should be banned

t. Doesn't play an instrument

>people who don't play an instrument can intelligently discuss it
Ignorance is bliss

just stick around and youll be the same

This.

Nu-male has become nothing but someone who likes an artist/band I don't like

>be more elitist

that'll help

Don't need to. I can enjoy all sorts of music because i'm open minded, had more time to listen to music than you, have heard more than you and studied it more.

yep now stfu faggot
t.nu-male

t.nu-male

What makes you think they can't? Do you know me? Ignorance is indeed bliss, but that comes with youth.

thank you for proving my point

foster generals more honestly
generals are the lifeblood of mu
also make some more of those dumb threads where people rate discographies and talk about their taste and shit, those are where u get some good discussion
when i started coming here i used to just go in favorite albums threads and download all the albums but i haven't seen many of those lately
MAKE WAIFUFAG CONTAINMENT THREADS

prove that you aren't a nu-male

Prove otherwise

>le bron is dae wongr grenation xPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpppppppppppp
>not shitposting
okay

immediately banning anyone who uses the word " n u - m a l e " would clean this place up in a week's time honestly

waifufag containment threads simply don't work

t.nu-male

Mods fucking delete them, wtf is that about

t.nu-male

waifutards pretend they actually care about the music

kill yourself

found the nu-male

they do, if they wouldn't care about their music they'd choose more attractive artists don't you think.

t.nu-male

:^)

why is it in black and white

Just look at the people using reddit and then look at how their site is run. Look at what the large influx of redditors has done to Sup Forums. Look at the memes they use and the way they adopt and ruin Sup Forums memes. Look at the lazyness of r/Sup Forums, which is used as a place for redditors to enjoy the funniest parts of Sup Forums without actually going through the trouble of lurking the site and learning the culture for themselves. I could give many more examples, like explaining everything wrong with their upvote and karma system, but the list would be too long.

the upvote system is what spawns all the stupidity of that site. everybody's trying to pander and get "le reddit gold," so it turns into the shitshow that it is.

its ironic

compare the discussions on Sup Forums to any other board and you'll see the difference

Sup Forums sucks because this board cares too much about fucking review scores and using taste as a way to make up for personality.

Yes, but only people who don't belong anywhere near Sup Forums would put up with said upvote system.

>Just look at the people using reddit
Never been there, so this argument is not relevant
>Look at what the large influx of redditors has done to Sup Forums.
This is an anonymous site, this claim is provable. Discard it
>Look at the memes
Not relevant. This is a music discussion board, not a meme discussion board. if anything, there should be more actual discussion and the banning of all memes would hep this
>I could give many more examples, like explaining everything wrong with their upvote and karma system, but the list would be too long.
Care to talk about all the things wrong with Sup Forums? The lack of actual meaningful content? A lack of consequences? A lack of perceived meaning behind anonymous communication that will just die within 5 hours?

Bumping threads (and samefagging) is the equivalent to upvoting.

>if anything, there should be more actual discussion and the banning of all memes would hep this
that would kill this board