Good morning my b/rothers, i am wanting to become a new biker today, and i was carious which bike to get...

Good morning my b/rothers, i am wanting to become a new biker today, and i was carious which bike to get. I always liked kawasaki bikes and the one that feels good is the NINJA® 650 abs krt. If you have any other ideas for a new biker please let me know thanks :D

Is this some fleeting air-brained idea you've had because it's the dawn of a new year and you're having an existential crisis over your life?

either way i am a dead man since im in the armed forces :P

My advice is save the money and don't get the ABS model if they even still offer it without.
ABS is a death sentence. You need to actually develop your riding skill rather than have a false sense of security that ABS gives.
ABS in a car on dry warm pavement is fine, because it will lower your stopping distance and allow you to turn while braking better than you could otherwise because it can brake wheels individually.

ABS in a car on anything other than the dry inhibits performance.
ABS on a bike gets you killed, because if you hit gravel, leaves, or try to make an evasive maneuver the system will suddenly lock then unlock and since you're not ready for the unlock you'll go down.

bump

That's a good bike the ninja 650. It was my first bike. And like advised stay away from the ABS since you're a new rider.

so abs is a no go? because people at the dealership said it was a better way to go for beginners

here's the expert that knows better how to save lifes than security institutions

>I ride a 1980s Honda super dream
She scares the shit outa me
>I have had yzf 600
>r1
But the dream is by far the best
Sadly I'm at wife's freinds fucking normie party
And no pics on phone

If you do have the experience and have taken the motorcycle safety course, then get the Kawasaki 650. If not, then start off with a 500cc.

just get a ninja 250 or honda rebel for your first bike

that is what i was going to do, taking both the btc and etc corses that this state and base has to offer.

I had an FZ-07 as my first bike and it was amazing, it's also in the same class as the 650's.

Have you ever ridden before?

yes and no. I know how to bike (kinda) but i used to ride atv all the time

Take your BRC. Ask your instructor about the benefits/detriments of systems like ABS. I've been riding for years, and I'm not going to try to tell you which is safer - I'm not well informed enough. Finish the BRC before you buy. You'll know yourself a little better by then.

Also, check out some ABS motorcycle wet braking videos on YouTube. Cheers.

Ninja 650 owner here. As long as you don't mean ZX6R, then the 650 can be a good starter bike. It won't do a backflip it from under you if you punch it too hard, the parallel twin engine gives you plenty of power at lower speeds unlike an inline-4 supersport, and the riding position isn't too aggressive. However, it can wheelie if you are jumpy on the throttle/clutch, and it's on the heavy/tall side for a beginner bike. I would recommend starting on a 250 or 300, but the Ninja 650 is good too if you have self control and a level head.

thanks mate i like hearing from peoples experiences and opinions. It most deffently will help me out in the long run

Trip dubs checked

No problem. Of my group of friends I'm one of the speed-lovers, but I myself started out on a Ninja 250 and loved it. The fact that it was small, light, and nimble was great while getting used to riding, and then towards the end of my one-year ownership I could wring its neck and it was still tame. Plus it was nice learning on a cheap little used bike in case I dropped it.

your a stupid fuck. everything you said about abs is false. you dont know shit. stop spreading that bullshit. abs is one of the best safety features ever developed.