Hey Sup Forums i need advice. I had a 2.7 gpa in highschool, a 20 on the act...

hey Sup Forums i need advice. I had a 2.7 gpa in highschool, a 20 on the act, a 1030 on the sat and i took a year off for family issues. What are my options for university? i dont care for loans but i am just worried about acceptance. is it possible for a failure like me?

also similar stories if you have had this problem

Bump
I have a similar issue for this year only my act was 19 and my sat was 1050 and I didn't take a year off

Pls Sup Forums I'm desperate right now
Self bump

Trade school would probably be a more practical option. A degree doesn't guarantee a job anyways.

Fuck university. Go apprentice something that matters like carpentry

Apply to community college, see if you can handle two years there. If so, transfer to four year. Either way save lots of money.

You've got about 5 branches to choose from.

what are trade schools? i want ot go to uni so that i can major in Computer Science

Schools that teach you a trade, like plumbing, welding, etc.

when i transfer after 2 years of community college and i transfer to uni would i be getting a ungrad or grad

Most work by getting your associates at the community level and then two more years at the standard four year to get your undergrad bachelors. Essentially you get all the basic core classes out of the way and then do your true major classes at the 4 year. Some may have special programs in place that let you work straight into a masters program but that would be more school and major dependent

alright thank you

Community college is the way to go if you are sure of your academics.

Most are a feeder school to a larger university, so you should have some concept of what four year degree you are after.

After you graduate you will have an Associates. Two more years at uni gets you a Bachelors.

>sure of your academic
Unsure, I meant.

>mfw people brag about starting at a state university as freshmen

Went to state uni straight away, only thing I had to brag about was 80 grand in debt instead of potentially only 40. Transfer from 2 years get the same degree

Goodness, but that's what I mean. I transferred to a state Uni from a community college that was abroad, and managed to walk away with 2 degrees (both kinda useless, w/e I'm not smart and it's a miracle I made it to college anyway) and about 53K in debt. Would have been 43K, but the school messed me up at just the last minute, and I had to do 2 additional semesters.

Hope it works out for you.

Don't go to uni just cause you think you should. Figure out what you really want first. People will say "Oh I never knew what I wanted to do before going to uni, I figured it out there." Fuck em. Keep reading and learning and exploring the world without tying yourself down to a 4 year university. Follow your interests. Once you're somewhat sure you've got your head screwed on straight, find a good uni that'll get you access to more options to keep pursuing your interests. Ivy Leagues and private schools are just for intellectual masturbation. Follow your passions, and if you don't know what your passions are then put yourself in situations where you might cultivate some.

I have no idea what I want out of life. I'm 24 with stable employment at $21/hr doing something I'm good at, but I don't feel fulfilled. I want to go back to school but I have no idea what to study.

I basically feel interested in everything, and I can't narrow it down. I want to go into law, medicine, performing arts, computer science, architecture, broadcasting, music, etc.... Too many options and I don't know what to pick.

>people continue to fall for the college meme
I'd only suggest going to college if you plan for a STEM degree or plan to go into business. I think there are one or two more fields I'm missing, but most degrees are as good as wallpaper. Like other anons said, trade school is a good bet. Considering you got a 2.7 in what I assume is high school, which is is almost all cases a fucking joke, you're going to be in for a rough time with CS. This is coming from a CS grad who now has a job in security after doing the whole '2 years community, 2 years grad college'

assuming you like all those majors equally then it would be best to go into the major that makes the most money i guess

You might have a fleeting interest in all those things, but what do you actually find yourself doing in your free time? That's a true gauge of what you should do

Usually music and coding. It's not like I can just practice medicine or law in my spare time though lol

reallly? i thought there were many open jobs in the CS field or at least thats what i hear. I heard that they are giving jobs to people overseas because there is a lack of CS majors that can do the job

Not exactly true, you could be reading up on journals in those fields to stay abreast. I mean it's not impossible to be good at all those things, but it's more likely that you just find them interesting and you'd dislike the jobs themselves. It's an unfortunate sacrifice of life, but we have to specialize. Especially people our age (I'm 25). To not specialize is to never be truly effective in any one field. A jack of all trades but a master of none is a pretty shitty position to be in if the engineers are getting better and better at automating menial tasks.

Community college, do your work and get better grades, then transfer out to a university. Also a good idea for poorfags that can't get a scholarship or need a scholarship (some schools offer grade-based scholarships).

Why do you guys feel that you need to go to college in the first place?

>explore interests
>find a lot
>narrow down to interests that pay
>pick the one you're best at
>take the fastest path to it

No point in going to college if you don't even know what you want to do with your life

I never said there weren't jobs. There are tons. I'm saying that its a field that isn't the easiest to get decent grades in. If you're pulling a 2.7 in high school, you'll need to seriously get yourself together before trying CS.

Can't do any higher education except community college with a >3 GPA

Agreed, but it's pretty tempting to want to go to college to find out what it is you're actually good at

thats true thank you for the advice

>
>what are trade schools? i want ot go to uni so that i can major in Computer Science

You and every other kid are going into computer science, lol, flooded market. Trade school is going to guarantee you good work and great pay if you're not a fucking pussy. Welding, HVAC, auto or diesel technicians are all hiring. A trade school (I went to university of northwestern Ohio for diesel tech) is going to be worth one year shop experience, they will help get your ASE's or whatever certifications you need. I make $95k per year.