Have any of you ever been in the Paris catacombs? How is it?

Have any of you ever been in the Paris catacombs? How is it?

I would like to visit one day. I'm not talking about the official guided tour by the city. The thought of dying lost in a pitch black maze is kinda scary though tbqh. I imagine even the best guides have the chance of getting lost, I doubt anybody knows the entire layout of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/travel/paris-catacombs-180950160/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've always just sort of wanted to visit Paris to be honest. Their medieval towns are just so beautiful, so much history too

Wish I could spend a few years studying abroad learning of their language and culture

also kinda heard the ethnocentrism is insane there tho :/

shame the unofficial catacombs aren't made of piles of bones, they are just abandoned mines not really catacombs.

france,paris, you get my point

I live in paris.There's no medieval town and there's definitely no ethnocentrism.

Get there before the muzzies blow it up
or take it over cuz you know. France is laying down like a bitch as usual

I heard some parts of them are 3 feet in water and have a ton of bones in them

Yes I meant to type France, I already corrected myself. Didn't sleep last night I apologize

So the ethnocentrism was a rumor? How welcoming of Americans are they if we aren't boisterous and ignorant?

It's not a rumor in Paris. Everywhere else though it's fine.
The rest of french can't stand Parisians tbh.

I live in Québec. Do people in Paris hate us? I'd visit one day but I hear you guys don't like our french

Neat, what about Parisians leads to the enmity? Besides the obvious ethnocentrism?

Parisians are garbage seriously. You can find some nice people, but you'll also find a lot of arrogant people. Young people tend to be nicer, from what i've seen especially those who study and are open to the rest of the world. Don't expect a lot of kindness in touristic areas though (like any big city I guess).
Coming from québec, you'll be fine, most french like québec.

Paris is overcrowded with tourists, most people tend to be annoyed by them, and some even try to take advantage of them (especially asian tourists). Other than that, it's like any other big city I guess.

soo, has anybody been in the catacombs? post stories?

I've got to say it's kind of upsetting to read this. I realize Paris isn't France and France isn't Paris but it's obviously the place I'd like to visit the most.

I don't think it would stop me from traveling there though. A lot of American tourist stereotypes are deserved but god damnit we aren't the Chinese.

Didn't mean to derail your thread homie, I've never had the pleasure of speaking with someone actually familiar with Paris before and I wanted to take the opportunity

Most of France seems nice. I could visit and not even step foot in Paris.

I hear Lyon has some secret underground tunnels that are not super well known to the public.

No problem mate for it, it keeps the thread bumped

I don't understand why so many people find the catacombs fascinating. People think that they're empty and abandoned, but actually a lot of hobos and junkies live in there.

American tourists are the least welcomed tourists I think. Imo, the average Parisian is more retarded than the average american, but maybe it's just because I really hate them.
If you want to get in touch with some open-minded people there, I'd say you should try a youth hostel or some shit like that. Don't expect to make some friends by chatting in the streets. There are also some neighborhoods where people are more friendly.

>be me 6 yrs old
>mother studying french in university
>taken to Paris, walked around to things
>this fuckoff church made of bones
>explained that too many people died too fast so they just piled people up and left em
>quietly walk around, respectful, thoughtful little kid
>two years before
>monk burning himself on tv
>mother explained he was protesting the war in vietnam
>he looks tough and serene, on fire
>other one looks skinnier, smiling in the flames
>shit son
born 1970, my parents explained things to me like i was a little adult, got to see some gnarly shit but travelling around can be a drag

I'm not that familiar with Paris honestly. I've been there several times when I was a kid, and I have family living there, it's about it. Even they say when they come where I live that Parisians are full of shit.

>keep a sharp, impatient, grumpy look on your face
you'll still look like a tourist but not like a retard or a mark
i was walking along happily in south korea and three different people stopped me to ask if i was lost or ok. Slapped a headache grimace on and people left me alone. Koreans are good people and even the old ones have some english.
Same applies everywhere, if you look happy people think you're an idiot

Paris hates everyone and everything, including themselves.

>1000 year history of starting shit and winning more often than not
>fought every cunt from the Romans on
>imperial conquests across the globe
>one joke in the Simpsons is all Amerilards know about em
The reason Amerifats speak English with an Irish accent is because the French went to America to get treasure, the English and Europeans went there to live and stay.
You want to insult people you have to know something about them.

I've heard that weird people live down there. Do they sleep there at night and come out during the day? Surprising that they don't get lost. I'd rather just sleep under a bridge or some shit.

I just think it would be neat to explore a bit. Provided I don't get lost and die down there though. I imagine some people have gotten lost and dies there.

More so than the Chinese? You sure that isn't hyperbole man, Chinese tourists are legitimately terrible

I should have said France again but the Parisian subculture has kind of taken my attention now, lol

I'm not well traveled whatsoever (predictably never left America) so all of this is fascinating to me

Its not great, kills an hour or so. The first half is all about geology, and I never saw JC Denton

It's not a maze, it's an orderly arrangement of bones in an extensive basement.
There's no reason to live there, it's not some spoopy no-man's-land.

heh

this doesn't look too orderly to me...

Parisman here.
I was in one of those catacombs rape clubs for a few years, it was fun. Basically we hunted people who either went in without a guide or just got separated from their groups, gang raped them for a few days then we lead them out of the maze because we were that nice. They usually don't even file a report because not even police goes in there.

Each gang has their hideout in different uncharted sections, there's probably over a dozen of them. That place is so huge that we never really met people from other gangs, peope usually just stick to their turfs. You spend a few months exploring one section of the catacombs with a few people, then pick a spot and make your hideout there. No one else knows that specific area, so it's safe from both police and other gangs.

I've heard of people going down for over 8 hours at a time exploring shit.

I thought the layout was nonsensical or at least some parts were caved in and shit which made the layout hard to follow.

Google "The day Sup Forums fucked a skull." I don't have the screen caps on this computer.

Well okay, maybe chinese are even more hated. But trust me, american tourists aren't liked that much either.

You lookin for a guide?

What the fuck did I just read. There is no way this is true...r-right?

I heard the city has these kind of rescue police that lurk to catacombs to help lost retards

ask for directions in:
Sydney Australia- Yes mate, three blocks down and turn right.
London- (Hisses and walks on)
New York- (pretends not hear you and walks on)
Rome- (stabs your groin steals your passport)
Italian village- detailed directions, adopts you, parties with you, tries to fuck your gf, falls off truck drunk
Eastern Europe anywhere- (laughs, calls you James Bond, tries to steal your watch)

>Italian village- detailed directions, adopts you, parties with you, tries to fuck your gf, falls off truck drunk

That's in the Ukraine, anything there is fuckin shit, i mean anything.
A kid got lost in there drunk and died.
trolling ignorant americans needs more subtle RP, faggot
smithsonianmag.com/travel/paris-catacombs-180950160/

I was there once. Not really scary as long as you stick to the normie routes.

i stole a skull there and fucked the eyehole

There seems to be a few different maps. I know Smithsonian is obviously a good source but I've always heard it's nonsensical.

aww look at the redneck brainwashed by the jews

skullfucker

Europe has all kinds of catacombs all over it, they were used as ossuaries, storage, hideouts, hospitals, wine cellars, libraries.
↑this one is in odessa, in the ukraine.
the ones under paris are closed off and there's no reason to go there, Mr Furry Roleplayer talking about hunting people in there doesn't understand that you could wait a week in some places to see anything, it's empty and nobody goes there, that doesn't make it spooky. Rape gangs would be destroyed very quickly in any city, even Rio.