Movies you watched drunk/stoned

I never saw the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven, I only saw half of the original on TV but what a fucking trip this movie is.

I DUDE WEED LMAO'd but the soundtrack, the depth of the writing, really blew me away. I'm not particularly religious but for a moment it made me want to go to church.

never saw the director's cut before but did so recently**

Once Upon a Time in America
the 4+ hours version since I figured being drunk would be the only way I could get through it, but it was fucking great regardless of you're intoxicated or not

>Movies you watched drunk/stoned

literally every movie, most drunk

>the depth of the writing
Its good compared to what Hollywood churns out today, but it isn't anything to be proud of

I'm jelly. I watch every movie stoned, at least one movie a day, but alcohol doesn't agree with me any more.

Stoned? Most of them, I'm just in the movie watching mood more when I'm stoned. Some people find it harder to get into movies while high but I'm the opposite.

drunk? Ive seen plently with a little buzz but I hate watching movies when I'm really shitty.
My college theater shows great movies so I brought flash to The Holy Mountain and Amadeus and had a good time. Ive seen both of those numerous times though

the first time I saw The Avengers in theaters my bros and I got really high (on weed) beforehand.

The whole crowd was into the movie, too. It was awesome. To this day it is my favorite theater experience.

I will always see movies high in the theater, but drink for casual viewing. I used to smoke a lot of weed but it really burns me out these days, even after a single time I feel hungover as fuck in the morning, not sure why.

Great movie

Once Upon A Time in the West is also good

Maybe. I just know the version I saw on TV was dogshit.

Grand Budapest Hotel is another one. It was magical.

Drinking made D&D more enjoyable to watch.

More interesting question, what movies have youve seen on acid? (or other psychs, lsd is the only one I can watch shit on though)

Shit like koyaanisqatsi or Baraka are great, as well as animated shit like Yellow Submarine or Waking Life

>what movies have youve seen on acid?

Trainspotting. It was a bad idea.

lol that shot

it's so obviously 30 guys standing in front of a green screen

that sounds awful

Peak Marvel kino

I saw Avatar and Tron: Legacy in theaters on shrooms, best fucking thing ever

>I used to smoke a lot of weed but it really burns me out these days, even after a single time I feel hungover as fuck in the morning, not sure why.

Same, weird. I rarely get hangovers from drinking, too

>I'm not particularly religious but for a moment it made me want to go to church.

The fuck? I hated the whole fucking lot of them by the end and felt like the protagonist. Just had enough, leave the zealots fight, go home.

That flick with Nick cage selling guns or some shit
I kept thinking I was finding hidden meanings but I think it was just shit

i watched johnnie to's drug war high on ambien and xanax and it's a testament to how good that movie is that i can even remember it

Saw Avatar in theaters high. Was a good experience

On a random Monday I dropped acid with my buddy for my first time, but I accidentally took 3 doses instead of 1. I ended up tripping all day and night extremely hard. We got back around midnight and we watched Ocean's 11 because I had never seen it.

Every single twist and turn caught me like I was a newborn child who had never seen a movie before. I couldn't grasp the fact that there were multiple layers because I was so into what I was seeing, so every time they did one of those expositional time lapses I grinned until my mouth hurt. Truly a wonderful experience.

Star Wars 7.

Stoned me was floored by the aesthetics, loved the wide shots of Rey scavenging in that huge ass ship. I stopped being high like a third of the way in and found the rest of it to be mediocre

>Every single twist and turn caught me like I was a newborn child who had never seen a movie before

This made me smile.

I remember tripping with a few friends and we had Koyaanisqatsi on. I really enjoyed it at first, but then
all of us started to freak out because it started showing all these old people, and we all knew
we would inevitably end up old and die.
Shit was wack

Shit Ive dropped at least three dozen times and I hardly ever go beyond two, not much desire too

It made me not want to do it again. Only other time I took some was to see Paul McCartney at bonnaroo. I'll stick to shrooms thanks. Too anxious for that stuff

I put on Samsara at a little tripping party and they showed a shriveled dead corpse and people freaked out and made me shut it off

A lot of the time I'll watch 3+ hour epics baked because they feel like they're only like 45 minutes that way.

Andrei Rublev felt like a normal length film to me.

I also like watching movies high because I look into the "deeper meaning" way too much and can laugh at how deep I thought it was later.

Yeah, I think it might just be getting older but I'm not sure

Waking Life, Paprika, Enter the Void

The first two are actually decent by themselves

Got really baked with a friend and we watched The Fellowship of The Ring.
It's amazing how much your mind goes to the lengths of analysing every single thing.
I kept reacting to every line as a sub-text for Tolkien's philosophy.

That and being so engrossed within the story's world, fun stuff

Yeah sometimes I wonder if some of my thoughts may have some accuracy to them. I'm sure some of them do, but I know a lot of them are either complete bullshit or were unintentional.

Either way overthinking every little thing actually makes for a more fun movie watching experience imo even if it's all bullshit.

The Shining

>roll a good J on a Saturday night to watch comfycore horror, see what the movie is like high
>everything's comfy until Danny's first visions

The one thing that stood out to me the most was how Jack gradually devolved and became psychotic and narcissistic. It actually made me uneasy. But a VERY comfy film.

Yeah the initial thoughts are pretty accurate, but its just when you start going deeper you're just over-thinking things.
Guess it's just part of the whole experience though, I always just look back at it and laugh

I think to a certain extent (particularly with the extended versions) over analyzing is part of the game. It makes it more enjoyable with your best mates who also love LOTR and have read the books. I can't tell you how many day-long sessions of the extended versions we've done high off our ass. By the last scene there's this air of nostalgic sadness, like we just watched the entire lives of a group of people in a world we will never actually visit.

You guys are fucking idiots

anyone got any recs for more obscure/arthouse films that are comfy when high? weerasethakul has been my go to recently

Deadpool.

It was ____________fun___________.

idc i liked it

baraka, samsara, kojaaniskatsi, they felt like pretty propaganda flicks on acid. holy mountain was a lot more fun