Does anyone here have Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder and has succeeded in getting treatment and therapy...

Does anyone here have Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder and has succeeded in getting treatment and therapy? If so, what was it like and what did it take to recover? What caused your DP/DR?

bump

bump

*sorry for my English
I have it, whenever it happens to me, it's because I do not accept reality. The only solution I have found is to see photos and videos of beautiful places, that distracts me and makes me feel a little better, normally I last 12 hours of agony, where are you OP?

I had it for a few years. It really comes down to finding genuine happiness again. In my experience life only feels "unreal" or fake when you aren't happy in general. Now that I have fulfillment from starting a business and finding what else made me happy, the derealization just isn't an issue anymore.

It's a process but you can do it.

I've had it for going on 2 years now (one continuous episode, I haven't snapped out of it once) and haven't been able to find proper treatment. I do take antidepressants, and they help distract me from it but doesn't stop it. I cope pretty well. I'm just worried that I'll never figure out what caused it. Did you ever find out what caused yours?

Yes buddy. I have it. Caused by strong weed. Day before it happend I was thinking about how little I care about everything and I didn't care if I died. Had a very bad childhood. Parents split up. Mom wanted to kill herself. It had to happen someday. Its your brains defense mehanism.

I am now very depressed. Not taking any medication. Do have dp and dr. Hell of alot of anxiety. The worst thing for me is losing meaning. Like everything stops having sense. Reality, life, my life, my future. Its all a big questionmark. I have those episodes and they are the fucking worst. They come at night mostly.

This is very true. Being happy and finding things that make you happy. A girl, a good paying job, a hobby, something. Heals your DR and when you arent anxious DP too. It really does work. Happiness heals it.

Tough luck. Well, you definitely don't want to smoke weed anymore.
Did you come to that conclusion on your own or with therapy?

*Sorry for my english
I'm just like your user, I never knew because this happened to me, I just remember that when I was a kid I got up from sleep and I felt derealized, you ask me how did you know that you were derealized? Because because I remember perfectly how I felt and today I feel the same when I derealize, I have made psychologists but they never told me that it was exactly, but as I said above, thanks to the internet I can find photos of beautiful places and also videos, that distracts me and Makes me forget, but this only works after the agony, it lasts 12 hours on average that discomfort, then I start to watch videos and photos and I feel better, is the only thing I could do to help me, where are you from? The first world or the third world? I ask you because the place where you live can influence, I as a child lived in a place of shit and that also made me derealize, when I derealize I think of the place of shit I lived as a child, fortunately today I am in a more quiet place

i experience derealization but it's more symptomatic than a disorder in itself

I'm from America. I didn't live in complete squalor, but I was pretty poor and my mom got sick often.

Maybe what you felt in that time is also what you feel now?
And how do you feel when you derealize?
You also wonder what makes you feel so bad?
I'm not a psychologist lol I just want to know if you feel the same as me

I suppose I have it, or had it. For quite a few years, I've had a hard time accepting reality.
Not too long ago I just accepted that this existence is whatever the fuck you want it to be. I have the choice of either endlessly thinking about why I'm alive and why the universe is what it is, or alternatively I can spend my time here on earth doing something I enjoy. In the end, I'll die either way. Remains to be seen what happens after that.

All people have at least a minor form of this disorder. This is why religion was invented. People feel lost and detached when they don't have a clear purpose in life. So maybe one suffering from this disorder would actually benefit from following a religion or ideology.

I've become pretty numb to it actually, and now I know how to steer clear of situations that make my episodes worse.
I don't really have any feelings from my childhood, looking back on it it wasn't that bad, but I hear that's what a lot of people with DP/DR say about their childhood. I'm probably just in denial about how it felt.

b u m p

just do something stupid, like breaking a fucking arm, robbe a drugstore, learn a new lenguage (this one you would hate it, becuase as it si hard it feels good) drive a lot, and buy a damn cat, dogs will always make you feel bad for them, cause they are dogs and no one likes to see their dog suffer or do shit until dead

Lol retards

How would I go about breaking my arm

Sorry for my english
Wow, I feel exactly the same, this year I have not been to places because I probably feel bad, these 2 weeks I have not left my house, I spent in Sup Forums, I do not want to remember my damn childhood, I hate to remember my damn childhood , The bad thing about being a child is living what no one would wish to have lived, but when you are a child it depends on your fucking parents, who turn out to be stupid idiots, hating my childhood I do not feel anything towards my parents, hate is no good for fucking people ,
I guess you also do not feel anything to your parents?

Eat shit

I don't hate them.

DOING SOMETNIG STUPID, HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO SKATE WITH ROLES AT 20S, TAHT WAS A STUPID IDEA BUT I HAD REALLY GOOD EXPERIENCES WHEN I HAD A BROKEN ARM