100% true britpop ranking
>1. blur
>2. Pulp
>3. Manic Street Preachers
>4. Oasis
>5. Supergrass

. blur

wonderwall

t. american who has only heard one oasis song and wasn't even alive during their peak of success

wonderwall

wonderwall

acquiesce

I also wasn't alive during their peak of succes, is that a problem? i'm also not american or british.

life time goal to sing that song in a karaoke booth in Japan.

Wonderwall by default because they have no other songs

It's not a problem, but most poster who go "duuurrrr oasis wonderwall one hit wonder" fit that bill.

>Supergrass
>Over the Ocean Colour Scene and the Verve

Mmkay m8

Le wonderwall LMAOOO I SAID MAYBEEEEE xd
TODAYYY
ONE HIT WONDER XD

- Sup Forums while listening kanye west in the background

Wonderwall, obviously.

this

im a 18 year old dutchman so i never experienced the oasis hype, no one i know knows oasis. how big was the hype? to me it seems like a very unknown non mainstream band except for wonderwall which i heard a lot on the radio in my youth.

Wonderwall.

They were huge back in the day in England from their first single. Their peak in popularity was 1995 - 1997, but they still were very big until they broke up.

>GOAT tier
Pulp, Suede, Manics

>Great tier
The Verve, Mansun, Doves, Supergrass, Super Furry Animals, Puressence, The Divine Comedy, Doves, Teenage Fanclub

>Good tier
Blur, Longpigs, The Auteurs, Jack, James, Gene, Strangelove, Rialto, Elastica, Placebo, The Charlatans, Early Oasis, Lush, Shack, Inspiral Carpets, Early Coldplay, My Life Story, Dodgy, Kula Shaker, Ultrasound

>Meh tier
Stereophonics, Travis, Ocean Color Scene, Ash, Sleeper, The Lightning Seeds, Black Grape, Shed Seven, The Bluetones, Space

>Shite tier
Post- MG Oasis (apart from a few singles), Menswear, Catatonia, Gay Dad, Starsailor, Cast, Ride (Last 2 albums), Hurricane #1, Embrace, The Supernaturals

I think they're one of the greatest bands I've ever heard of , personally. But a lot of people seem to hate them, why? It's so much better than the music I'm growing up with.

This is b8

?

I'd also put '95 Radiohead in GOAT tier. The Bends is Britpoppy enough to count imo

>Shack

My man

Also, you now remember Salad and this absolute classic. Based Marijne.

youtube.com/watch?v=vV8QvsC68lk

>falling for the bait

>Post- MG Oasis (apart from a few singles)
More Meh tier than shite-tier desu.

BHN isn't that bad. Post-2000 Oasis is where the rot really sets in, but they were usually decent live despite Liam's voice being ruined.

Columnia

youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-xOkHtHRg

What happened to his voice lads?

Gas Panic

Absolutely

D'You Know What I Mean?

basically the same chords as wonderwall, but a nice song indeed

Last decent studio voice was in 99 while recording SOTSOG, but even then it was much deeper and more gravelly than before and he had lost a bit more of the top of his vocal range.

He absolutely wrecked it again on that 2000 and 2001 tour to where they had to drop several songs completely and pitch down songs so he could sing them in 2002.

Married with children

Cast no shadow.

bibical

lmao

maybe The Masterplan

I also like their cover of I Am the Walrus: youtube.com/watch?v=98Z2vQDqpVw

cancer

CHAMPAGNE SUPERNOVAAA IN THE SKYYY

i really like underneath the sky, some might say, supersonic, the masterplan, and stop crying your heart out

Suede is so underrated, like, holy shit

That guy in the gif really does look like someone from a Britpop era video

Honestly probably Champagne Supernova desu

I WISH YOU WOULD STEP BACK FROM THAT LEDGE MY FRIEND

Stop Crying Your Heart Out

lmao

The best Oasis song is probably Cast No Shadow

I have spoken.

>ctrl f
>no listen up

fade away

wonderwall is their only good song (obviously)

listen to more than one oasis song you twats

Fade away is by far one of the most outstanding lyrics Noel has ever made.

It gets me every time

>autistically searched through entire thread and hand-selected all the people with good taste to insult them
what do you have to gain from this?

Mate, just answer me this. How many Oasis songs have you heard?

They only have one song worth listening to pleb. That's why they're a one hit wonder.

I would go for this. What truly made them a big deal and I'd say for a good reason. Great single.

rock n' roll star

>What truly made them a big deal and I'd say for a good reason
Wonderwall was the only thing that made them anything close to a "big deal" and that was for about two weeks at best.

>Wonderwall was the only thing that made them anything close to a "big deal" and that was for about two weeks at best.
in US

I have listened to about ~136 Oasis Songs (136 in my archive plus others I may have heard on youtube/spotify), there is only one song that was memorable: Wonderwall

This.

In the states, they briefly went Top 40 in early '95 with "Live Forever".

But they didn't strike it HUGE until that winter AND spring with "Wonderwall" dominating for several months.

Followed up immediately by "Don't Look Back in Anger" and "Champagne Supernova" toward the end of spring and into the summer, Oasis' popularity and acclaim continue throughout the year.

Essentially, in late summer 1996, Oasis was huge in America. None of the bad vibes had begun yet. The music press dug the cute Beatles comparison and thought their quotes hysterical but rude and they had hits which gave them slack. Couldn't turn the radio or MTV on that summer without running into one.

Sounds like you're the one with shit taste then.

Falling down

Hardmode: Pick your top five Oasis songs POST classic era (ie. after guigs and bonehead left, which is anything 2000 onward)

Go let it out
Let's all make believe
Falling down
Im outta time
Importance of being idle

clyp.it/d2gthwnj

They are part of the big Britpop 4 so not really

How are Noel's solo albums so much better than everything Oasis made in 15 last years?

If I Had A Gun, What A Life and Ballad of the Mighty I are top tier

>ctrl f
>no Whatever

Seriously guys

acquiesce
some might say

Hello

youtube.com/watch?v=a8DKHXUG4bs
youtube.com/watch?v=mw2fh8qfDiA

Middle school core

slide away

half the world away