>College Dropout vs Late Registration
>Cruel Summer vs Watch The Throne

What are your picks, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12584787
strawpoll.me/12584350
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Yeezus vs TLOP

Seriously? TLOP is a messy pop-rap album while Yeezus is hard-hitting and deeply personal record. Yeezus is easily Kanye's best album

CD is more personal and warm while LR is more orchestral and lush. I prefer CD. I've had Never Let Me stuck in my head all day.

Fuck them both. Contemporary, trend-hopping pop Kanye is worst Kanye.

>Yeezus vs TLOP
Fuck me, that one's tough. They're both 'meh' to me but Yeezus had less filler, so that by default.

>College Dropout vs Late Registration.
LR abso-fucking-lutely. No contest. Much better production. If it didn't have skits it'd be 10/10

>Cruel Summer vs Watch the Throne
WTT. Kanye wasn't involved in half the CS tracks. Plus WTT has my favorite Ye' song "That's My Bitch"

TLOP: 5/10 But I like it
Yeezus: 3/10 I dun like it

Fucking Fantano drones, fuck off.

Yeezus might now be the favorite album of long time Yezzy fans, but it's definitely one of his greatest works. It and Dark Fantasy will always be my two fav Ye albums

strawpoll.me/12584787
strawpoll.me/12584350

Pls dont let yeezy lose in Sup Forums madness

Not* Won't let me delete this.

>loveless vs. CD

CD has no fucking chance. 99% of all albums don't have a change against loveless.

>flood vs. yeezus

What the fuck, how is yeezus losing that one. Fuck this rockist board. Fuck Boris and their stoner doom meal garbage.

Lol, good argument mate

You know it's true.

Yeezus is B A D.

>Yeezus is praised by Lou Reed, Paul McCartney, Elon Musk and David Lynch
>hated by Melonhead and casual listeners

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Yeezus >>>> TLOP

Yeezus is by far his best album. TLOP is great but doesn't even come close.

College Dropout > Late Registration

This is a hard one because LR has Hey Mama, Roses, Late, Gone and Touch the Sky but also has more meh tracks than CD (Addiction, Bring Me Down, Celebration)

Watch the Throne > Cruel Summer

I actually like Cruel Summer but when it's bad, it's shit (why the fuck does Creepers exist)

neither of them brought up Fantano.

>Yeezus is bad

That opinion is only held by Fantano and his mindless drone followers. Yeezus was critically acclaimed. I wouldn't trust a guy who gave MBDTF a 6.

"stoner doom meal garbage"
>being this pleb

>>Yeezus vs TLOP
Yeezus is Kanye's best so thats all.
>>College Dropout vs Late Registration
I prefer CD.
>>Cruel Summer vs Watch The Throne
Dont exist for me.

I enjoy TLOP but there's way too much filler. Yeezus is one of my favorite Kanye albums, though sucks that the second half was so much worse than the first half. If Ye was able to keep the momentum from the first half of the album he would've made another 10/10.

I think Late Registration is Ye's worst solo album, so College Dropout.

lol those both suck, WTT wins though.

I love Yeezus but
>caring about criticucks

>TLOP is a messy pop-rap album while Yeezus is hard-hitting and deeply personal record
yeesh, I'd excuse your shitty fucking opinion if those descriptions weren't completely interchangeable. Have you listened to NMPILA? Have you listened to Saint Pablo? Real Friends? FML? 30 Hours? Are those not angsty, deeply introspective and ruminative tracks?

Please fuck off. I'm not even going to the extent to fully defend TLOP, just calling out your asinine bullshit before you take it too far.

Also, are you by any chance that Youtuber who shilled his videos here a few days ago? Because I watched one of them and the same shit was said as was said here.

saint pablo is more personal and hard-hitting than any single song on yeezus apart from maybe hold my liquor

Are you denying that TLOP is pop-rap? It probably has more features than MBDTF. TLOP has a few standout tracks but it's overall a mess. Yeezus breezes by and hits hard. Yeezus is a singular record in Kanye's discography and that's why it's special. I believe TLOP has some Yeezus left-overs and that's what they sound like.

>>Yeezus vs TLOP
TLOP easily, i could live without black skinhead/bOTL/IAAG/new slaves/and on sight
>>College Dropout vs Late Registration
this is a hard one, college dropout simply for the song graduation day
>>Cruel Summer vs Watch The Throne
Cruel summer

>TLOP easily

It feels good to know that I will never be this much of a pleb.

>Yeezus vs TLOP
Yeezus, easy peezy. It's Ye's 2nd best album, such a great album.

>CD vs LR
LR once again easy peezy. Ye's best album, his artistic masterpiece.

>CS vs WTT
WTT. It gets the people GOIN

Features don't necessarily characterize pop-rap. But even in the event that they do, calling TLOP "pop-rap" in the first place does nothing but undermine it in a self-fulfilling way. That's why I'm sick of all these armchair critics on Sup Forums labelling music with these bizarre, often times nonsensical genres that have never been used to describe a certain piece anywhere else in the industry. They think it handwaves away all other criticisms of the music. Well pro-tip: just because you think something is, doesn't mean it actually is. This is universal. If there was something or someone to corroborate the idea of TLOP being pop-rap, then I wouldn't mind and we wouldn't be having this argument. But no, there isn't, it's literally something you contrived for no explicit reason, and will adamantly stick with. And to answer your question, the album is NOT pop-rap. The subject matter is too heavy, it's too vulgar, and often times too abrasive. Just because there's a few "pop-rap" singles doesn't make the entire album pop-rap. Much like having Bound 2 doesn't make the entirety of Yeezus pop-rap.

Regardless, the point of my post was depending on the reference point, the descriptions you listed for these two albums are practically interchangeable. Yeezus can be considered "messy" by some, TLOP might be considered a "deeply personal record" by others.

>And to answer your question, the album is NOT pop-rap

You're delusional. TLOP might be the poppiest record in Kanye's discography. A lot of popular contemporary styles and genres are on that album, from straight up trap to RnB.

>A lot of popular contemporary styles and genres are on that album, from straight up trap to RnB.
That doesn't make it part of pop-rap, the genre. Look up the actual definition of shit before you argue about it.

>completely forgetting about Graduation
wew laddie

Yeezus
Late Reg
WTT, underrated

Graduation was pretty unconventional for the time with its house and electro influences. Gangsta rap was the dominant genre of hip-hop back then.

>That doesn't make it part of pop-rap, the genre

>favorite Ye' song "That's My Bitch"
[spoiler]not my all-time favorite, but I thought I was the only one that really loved that song; one of my favorites on WTT at least[/spoiler]

>Yeezus vs TLOP
Easily Yeezus. TLOP has so many weak points that drag down the really good highs. Meanwhile Yeezus is super consistent and only has maybe one bad track.
Hardest choice here, but LR takes it. Both are sorta similar, but LR feels more mature and developed.
WTT, no discussion really. Cruel Summer has a few nice bangers, but they get stale fast. The rest of the album is completely unmemorable.

>rym as an arbiter for anything
Funnily enough though MBDTF is also listed as pop-rap on that site. And my point since the beginning was that pop-rap =! bad. So will calling MBDTF "pop-rap" undermine it?

Yes MBDTF is pop-rap that doesn't mean it's bad, far from it. TLOP however is pop-rap in the worst sense of the word. Some really trite contemporary trends on that album. Kanye doesn't need to trend hop.

wow it's another "le 100 ghost producers and writers man" thread

I seriously fucking hope he doesn't have 100 ghost writers, that makes the bleached asshole line even more inexcusable

Yeezus will outlast MBDTF in terms of importance.

MBDTF
Y
Grad
CD
LR
TLOP

This is true

T. Otto von Bismark

> Avoiding overload sureboopels pan
Your dick riding tunnel vision is amusing

>ghost
He credits everyone

no it wont only idiots think this, its a watered down sound already having a scene in hiphop

>tfw started listening to kanye with Graduation and haven't checked his previous work

I mean, he changed so much already between that and MBDTF, and I enjoy the newer stuff so much better...

Yeezus is great, but Flood is god-like

I pick apathy.

Kanye is garbage wielding an image conjured by the media. You're garbage. Feel free to leave my board anytime.

Hope Yeezus pulls through
I voted Loveless over CD
I assume MBDTF is winning in it's bracket?

>Elon Musk
Musk needs to focus on making his rockets not explode on the launchpad, not having lousy music opinions.

Pick Apathy
Proceeds to get mad

also

>Your Board

graduation is his best pre-808s

MBDTF > Yeezus > GRAD > 808s > TCD > TLOP > LR

The Joy is Kanye's best song in the last decade.

this aesthetic didnt last nearly as long as it should. shit was sick af.

SHE WANTS ME TO CUM ALL OVER HER DAMN FACE

TLOP- A more kanye album production wise, and its actually him doing him, not kanye trying to be deathgrips but failing because he can't help himself when it comes to making pop rap songs.
Late Registration- That is basically college dropout 2.0 it has better instrumentation and since it's not kanye's debut album I dont have to hear him establish himself with songs like two words, through the wire, and breath in breath out. None of those are bad, and I like the message that you don't need college to be successful, but also I think there are more emotions in LR that show us ye as a person better. IMO you could switch around the tracks from both albums, and make an album that has 'ye entirly as a swag rapper, money hoes and rims, all that shit, and then another album that has kanye as a person with feelings and family troubles. I prefer the second and LR has more of that to offer.
3. Watch The Throne, cause WTT is an actual kanye project, Cruel summer felt more like a compilation album with kanye as the puppet master.

Pic unrelated, I just still have this, and I really need to make a new one cause my opinions have changed greatly

All these Yeezus dickriders excusing On Sight, I Am A God, and Bound 2.

>Like Yeezus because the critics tell us to

The irony in you bitching about "fantano drones"

the numbers don't really mean much man, thats just general thing for reviews, focus on what the person says. I think MBDTF is 8/10 and is kanye's 5th best album, just cause I don't like yeezus doesn't make me a deathgrips jerking off, Kdot loving bald vegan like Fantano ( I am not the original guy btw)

those are all great songs though.

what is not inexcusable is Send It Up and Guilt Trip

i fucked up the wording you get the general idea though

Yeezus has (2) deeply personal tracks at best, TLOP has (6). If you're gonna have an opinion at least be right about it.

>Yeezus vs TLOP
>not Yeezus vs. 808s

You fucked up.

Yeezus has 7 personal tracks wtf you on

>On Sight
>Black Skinhead
>I Am A God
>Hold My Liquor
>I'm In It
>Guilt Trip
>Bound 2

Holy fuck you actually can't be serious.

Find me two fucking lines from On Sight and I'm In It that are "deeply personal".

Bound 2 is not person, neither is i am a god, and on sight is barely personal.
TLOP
Saint pablo
Highlights
No More Parties In LA
Feedback
And 30 hours IMO

kill yourself

forgot FML and Real Friends

>the brief interlude
>telling you to forget all the lies you've heard about him

bound 2 is about his relationship with kim are you fuckin dumb, I Am A God is about him being comfortable with himself and reasserting his place in the rap game. Along with that, the entire song is about his beliefs and why he behaves the way he does. It gives us insight into the great mind that is Ye

o-okay :3

IDK, FML really just seems like kanye repeating the title. I don't consider it deeply personal, its just Kanye putting on his best whiny rap voice. Real freinds is a good example. I am dumb for forgetting it.

the only real personal songs on TLOP are Famous, FML, Real Friends, Wolves, and Saint Pablo imo. That's still a bit but the album isn't focused on Ye's deep personal struggles to the extent Yeezus clearly is.

There are two lines in Bound 2 that I consider deeply personal, and its "have you ever asked your bitch for other bitches" and "one good girl is worth a thousand pictures"

How is reasserting his place in the rap game deeply personal? I can name like 5 songs off of any other kanye albums that explain why he behaves the way he does. Its not like that is something unique to Bound 2, except for on that shitty deathgrips parody album.

That was a bit harsh. Yeezus is fine, its just not comparable to anything else in 'yes discography. It is barely comparable to TLOP

Just admit you're reaching. You can make any song appear "personal" by grasping that fucking hard.

I been living without limits
As far as my business
I'm the only one that's in control
I been feeling all I've given
For my children
I will die for those I love
God, I'm willing
To make this my mission
Give up the women
Before I lose half of what I own
I been thinking
About my vision
Pour out my feelings
Revealing the layers to my soul

Yeezus is done poorly then, because ye has to ruin good songs about the terrible times his mother went through with corny ass jokes that ruin the tone, Or he randomly goes off in a direction musically that just throws his point right out of the window, cause autotuned singing.

pt. 2

Same problem my father had
All his time, all he had, all he had
In what he dreamed
All his cash, market crashed
Hurt him bad, people get divorced for that
Drops some stacks pops is good
Momma pass in Hollywood
If you ask, lost my soul
Driving fast, lost control
Off the road, jaw was broke
'Member we all was broke
'Member I'm coming back
I'll be taking all the stacks

Ye said that he cried while writing that, fuck Bound 2. Tell me ye cried over anything on Yeezus

I'm not reaching, you're just ignoring how personal his lyrics are because of your bias towards Ye and/or his sixth studio album.

One of the most important things to note about Bound 2 is the samples used. There's also the lines about how he can't remember where him and Kim met, and overall ends on the theme of redemption through love. TLOP definitely expands on these ideas, but the idea of this relationship and a lot of personal issues that arised are there.

idk, not going to defend the lyrics since they are pretty shite but the idea seemed to be to have these off the wall remarks to juxtapose the more intimate parts of the album. This definitely could've been done way better, but I don't feel like they're ever that bad. Yeezus would probably be a 10/10 if it was done better but even Ye makes mistakes.

no more parties in la

A backpack nigga with luxury taste buds
And the Louis Vuitton store, got all of my pay stubs
Got pussy from beats I did for niggas more famous
When did I become A list? I wasn't even on a list
Strippers get invited to where they only got hired
When I get on my Steve Jobs, somebody gon' get fired
I was uninspired since Lauryn Hill retired
And 3 Stacks, man, you preach it to the choir
Any rumor you ever heard about me was true and legendary
I done got Lewinsky and paid secretaries

Textin' and drivin' down Mulholland Drive
That's why I'd rather take the 405
I be worried 'bout my daughter, I be worried 'bout Kim
But Saint is baby 'Ye, I ain't worried 'bout him
Had my life threatened by best friends with selfish intents
What I'm supposed to do?
Ride around with a bulletproof car and some tints?
Every agent I know, know I hate agents
I'm too black, I'm too vocal, I'm too flagrant
Something smellin' like shit, that's the new fragrance
It's just me, I do it my way, bitch

No, you are reaching when it comes to the lyrics on On Sight and I'm In It. Sorry to say you're overstating how personal his lyrics are in these songs because of your bias towards his seventh studio album.

Please come back when you've graduated highschool and know what it means to "reach" in a case like this. "Oh he'll give us what we need, it may not be what we not" is not fucking personal kid. And even in the event it is, it does not make the entire fucking song personal. Seriously, this is 10th grade shit.

Bound 2 is like the friend that is self-aware so they don't have to actually change their actions. Him just mentioning that he doesn't know where he met kim and saying he is fine with it cause they are bound to be together isn't deeply personal, it is just mentioning his relationship without actually going into anything. Its like the difference between the song juicy and started from the bottom. Juicy has more impact cause there are actual examples, and it is an actual struggle, SFTB is just drake saying he has problems and then never saying what, or reflecting on what he can do better other than a surface level self-awareness that is just skin deep. Bound 2 falls on the SFTB side

Listen to On Sight for yourself and you'll see how it's personal. I'm done even attempting to redpill you on the genius that is Kanye West. I never said TLoP wasn't personal, I just feel like that Yeezus is way more to the point and isn't as bloated as TLoP.

Kanye says a plethora of issues with himself, though yea you're right it doesn't have much depth beyond the sex-crazed sink fucker he is. I will still stand by that the song is personal, though it's a bit more one dimensional than most of the other songs on the album. It's no Hold My Liquor for sure

I Am A God is a fucking masterpiece. I want a Ye album full of songs like that.

>yeezus isn't in the lead yet
Fugging blebs