Vaporwave

Is it more than a meme? Does this genre have any merit at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5sQQRdki1k&t=279s
youtube.com/watch?v=xJwqp0IByto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is it more than a meme? Does this genre have any merit at all?
It's all in your head.

Yes. But it is also a meme. We are in a new age of music t b h. I think vaporwave was a bit of a catalyst for a lot of new stuff. Don't let the meme part get you down, just chuckle a bit.

Try 2814.

You haven't experienced life if you haven't tripped on sedatives while listening to Eccojams. It's transcendent. Forever lost in a bottomless ocean of nostalgia fog that isn't even yours.

youtube.com/watch?v=T5sQQRdki1k&t=279s

Yeah I felt that with pic related too though

holy shit sounds tight

just listen to its less-memey equivalent: synthwave

Listen to this user.

Older stuff or NewRetroWave?

The line is all in your hands

That's all in your head

>implying synthwave is the same thing

Future funk is a lot closer to being considered vaporwave and its just as great

Try 18 Carat Affair and Luxury Elite

it's terrible

i thought it was fine before i figured out that whole album was just stolen songs slowed down. i'm not one of those tards that thinks sampling is a lesser art form but half the album is the song unchanged except slowed down. there's nothing creative or """""""""""""""nostalgic"""""""""""" about it. it comes off more cold than anything and whoever started the movement chose a really bland aesthetic to base their sound off of

youtube.com/watch?v=xJwqp0IByto

if you can get past the pretentiousness, this video is probably one of the best on the subject.

>it comes off more cold than anything
perhaps that's what it is supposed to come off as.
You don't really like art, do you?

I didn't like it when I first found it, but then I re stumbled upon it in the last few months and yeah, there's something there that's doing something to my ears. Can't really put my fingers on it. More I listen, the stronger this feeling is. It's definitely something original and something with lasting power. I don't bother thinking about it too much, but I did find a wicked awesome summary of how I feel about it on some subconscious level.

Shit, I never get this deep about music, so I guess it's doing something right.

so 2016

theres literally nothing wrong with listening to vaporwave. who cares if its a meme genre? listen to what you think sounds good.

Vaporwave is really easy to do wrong imo m, but when it's done right it's really great
I've been listening to a bunch of far side virtual recently so I'd recommend that as an early vaporwave album to try out

Its way more than a meme, its art.
Simpsonswave is also top tier, those songs evoke some of the deepest emotions in me.

Not all vaporwave is just mixed samples a lot of artists like 2814, HKE, and t e l e p a t h compose their own ambient/dream like vaporwave. But of course a lot of the good stuff is gonna get overshadowed by the meme stuff like floral shoppe, which i personally think is overrated