What's the most unique album you've ever heard?

What's the most unique album you've ever heard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63cKNA4i_nI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've never really heard anything that sounds quite like Talk Talk's last two albums.

unironically STGSTV

Bark Psychosis

Boris - Flood
Butthole Surfers - Psychic Powerless

confield

Fleet foxes

The sperm - Shh!

It's definitely the production on this album. The influences are clear but the album has a unique sense of atmosphere.

Sing to God

Mimicking Birds - Eons

I play a lot of random music in the background, but I rarely hear something that makes me stop and listen. "Act your Age" grabbed my attention. Most of the album is great.

le moeny store

Asshole/Snail Dilemma
About as far the fuck out there I've been.

Venetian Snares - My Downfall Soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=63cKNA4i_nI

Breakcore mixed with classical music.
It's fucking beautiful, never heard anything like it before.
10/10 album for me.

Something by Stockhausen

(OP)
Not even being ironic.

Sure there are others obviously, but this one had crazy mainstream success and defined a genre between hip hop and r&b and started a wave that would try to mimic it and probably won't ever stop. Drake himself can't even recreate the magic.

Yeah, that a low key good album that still doesn't sound dated. All of these autotuned vocoder r&b singers still rip straight from it.

Fuck I can't post without making typos right now. Yeah I throw it on all the time and especially after his latest release I feel like he's trying to recapture the magic. I feel like Take Care was just an unpretentious record and no one can ever do that again.

Pretty sure this album changed my brain chemistry

The Weeknd rode that album to where he is now. Hell, The Hills (Have Eyes) sounded just like it, and that was only two years ago and that was a big hit. I've kind of started appreciating Drake as a versatile talent (harder to come by now) rather than a softie which is how I used to (stupid) view him. I haven't listened to his new album though. Been hearing bad things.

Apparently The Weeknd wrote half of Take Care.

I still don't think The Weeknd can really get close to this record though. There is too much ego in what he does, too much ego in what Drake does now too. Take Care just felt introspective and real.

I remember no one knew who Kendrick Lamar was even after this album came out and his verse is the best on the record. Still gives me shivers.

at the time

This just breaks my brain

Philosophy of the World actually makes quite a bit of sense desu

I...What? Do you mean lyrically? Cause obviously it's painfully simplistic lyrically, but musically it's fucking brain melting stuff.

Gay Retard who only listens to Hip hop here, IMO TDOP

a ton of ECM jazz