WEEN

The MOST overrated band on Sup Forums nowadays

Brownouts are sprouting up like cockroaches shilling this meme band, I think our community has had enough

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5YyBZXSUGe8
youtube.com/watch?v=-AayZgP3Lx0
youtu.be/0lDBcehxcm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

weezer is way worse. at least no one actually thinks ween is good

Ween is great
>at least no one actually thinks ween is good
boi

Ween is Tenacious D without the success

With all the bands that get hyped up to ridiculous proportions on Sup Forums, you think Ween are the most overrated? Get out.

>loop de loop and pull
>now your shoes are looking cool

no one likes ween. lot's of meme loving 15 year olds like ocean man but they don't actually listen to any other songs so they just assume it's a good band instead of a one hit wonder

rick astley is better than these fags

DUDE THE LYRICS ARE AWFUL ON PURPOSE LMAO

they've made 4 really solid albums.

I agree with you, but I kind of see OP's point.

They are definitely one of the bands I question anyone genuinely likes, even though they say they do.
Personally don't understand their appeal.

Ween was sucessful before Ocean Man became a meme

I am convinced no one genuinely enjoys Pure Guava, it's novelty comedy rock with a drum machine

success ≠ good

well someone must like them if they got successful ya dingus

lmao thats their only album i think is truly great

>They are definitely one of the bands I question anyone genuinely likes
Fuck off with this meme, if someone says they like something, 90% of the time they genuinely do. Maybe when you're old enough to know that people's tastes vary from your own you'll realize that.

Can't stand their dorky Frank Zappa tier adult swim humor.

>no one likes ween
>yes they do
>b-but they're bad!

I can understand where you come from. People act like they're greatest band ever but they still aren't bad. They get a bad rep as a comedy band when they have serious songs too, like I Don't Want It, Object, Cold Blows The Wind, and Even If You Don't. Ween is my favorite band, and they get that place for me because their music is enjoyable to listen to. Music doesn't have to be serious and meaningful all the time for it to be good, do you not know what fun is?

don't get 2 close is musical gold

Week are literally the Lennon/McCartney of the 90's. Comedy doesn't devalue the music at all

Ween is fucking awesome. They're Beatles tier

The funny thing is their lyrics are actually really good.

they have a lot of solid albums, I don't really like 12 country/white pepper/LC but the rest of their discography is at least a 7, with two albums peaking at a STRONG 9

This guy get's it.

They definitely are a silly band and their musicianship isn't that great, but they make enjoyable songs. Yes some are only listenable ironically but they make some songs with genuine artistic merit.

Here's a pair of songs that are from their more serious side

youtube.com/watch?v=5YyBZXSUGe8

youtube.com/watch?v=-AayZgP3Lx0

That being said, their sense of humour definitely isn't for everybody.

>some are only listenable ironically
What if I unironically jam out to mourning glory, candi, molly, boing, old man thunder, hey fatboy (asshole), papa zit, and every other "bad" song they wrote? Am I subhuman?

>Yes some are only listenable ironically
Fuck you Molly, Pumpin 4 the Man, and Bumblebee part 2 are my shit

I can understand people not like them, but the hatred is totally undeserved. Ween is by far my favorite band. I've listened to their whole discography dozens of times and I feel like they grow with their own music in the most beautiful way.

I've also seen them live 4 times in the last year and am seeing them twice this year so there's that...

This tbqh

Also, the amount of bait in this shitty bait thread is astounding. Ween is a niche band. Of course people who don't fit into that niche can understand why the people in that niche like what they do.

Also, not liking their brown shit just makes you a poser.

>Of course people who don't fit into that niche CAN understand why the people in that niche like what they do.

can't*
I meant can't. I fucked up my argument with a typo. Fuck me.

What genre is Bananas and Blow?

I really like it but I've never heard anything else quite like it. I know it sounds vaguely Spanishy but I generally only listen to hip hop so I'm totally clueless.

>nobody likes this band
>a bunch do though
>well I don't like them

Is it, dare I say, a matter of opinion?

Pop Rock / Psychedelic Rock with some Calypso influences

Thanks guys

who
also did he even read the thread

>people's tastes vary from your own
aka retarded plebs who are newfags to everything as well

Why did he like his own status

That's their best album you idiot

Holy shit is this person really an adult posting memes on fb

Jesus Christ that's embarrassing

>I'M IN THE MOOD TO MOVE TO THE LEFT THREE FEET GODDAMNIT

nothing is wrong with that. music is there for you to enjoy in any way you see fit. piss up a rope is one of my favorite songs by Ween and it is completely silly, but let's call a spade a spade: some of their music is enjoyable because it is so slily. Also, I was trying to address the sceptics in language that they would understand.

Dont like Ween?

Listen to La Cucaracha, itll convert you. Best album of the last 20 years

>LIGHT ME UPPPPP

dude, memes are "in" if you haven't noticed. i know a guy who talks about Sup Forums, reddit anime, being a sadboy and memes all the time online, and the dude has like 10k followers on instagram.

I don't like Ween, and I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying them, but I hate the "hey have a little fun grampa haha" counterargument for why someone thinks they're bad or doesn't like them. Not all music has to be serious, but Ween peddle a corniness that's a huge turn-off to a lot of people. And for me specifically, the wave of irony that's crested in the last 3 or so years makes their whole "it's goofy and not-good on purpose, so you can't criticize it" shtick really off-putting to me.

You can like Ween if you want, but don't act like if people don't then they just don't know how to partay.

Ween has serious stuff too. Despite some funny lyrics, their music isnt made to be a joke. If you listen to Quebec, there is some real personal stuff going on there.

and I agree about the grandpa quote. I think anyone who says that doesnt actually understand the bands intentions

Holy shit, that is Ween?

Anyone hating on Ween is clearly a newfag or just has shit taste and hasn't checked out anything besides Ocean Man. Keep listeing, plebaroonies. They have some grade-A tier shit. Especially Quebec and Pure Guava.

see, i get the whole irony thing, but i'd argue that Ween is perhaps the most sincere duo of the past 20 years. they've never come across as contrarian or jaded to me.

they are talented and i legitimately enjoy listening to their music. i'd hardly call them "not good"

This.

People who shit on Ween for being corny need to listen to Caesar and get their shit straightened out.

Yeah, this fucking stupid meme is RETARDED FUCK. It makes me mad. They have a lot of depressing shit and even some of their "happy" stuff has a darker side to it. Fucking hate these plebs who heard Ocean Man once and then say its all just goofy. Fuck you, listen to the Shinola ending, Quebec and Caesar and even some of Chocolate and Cheese and White Pepper. They do so many styles. Stop putting them in a box, you dumb cunts!

I don't really care for their serious stuff since I don't find the music that compelling, and same with the jokier stuff for the most part except I'm also turned off by the humor. My point isn't that they don't have more serious or darker stuff, it's that if you criticize that you get hit with "lol it's not supposed to be criticized that in depth it's just fun music" and if you say that you don't like cornier music or the unseriousness of an act turns you off then you get hit with "wow someone doesn't know how to have fun" and that's annoying as hell.

youtu.be/0lDBcehxcm4

id like to see you push th lil daisies

If only they weren't like that. They would be amazing instead of faggots

>the MOST loved band that I don't particularly like, myself

>I Hate that ween is so popular on Sup Forums
>Makes ween thread

Good job OP

Frank is a good song

Saw this coming months ago. The inevitable result of any whiff of consistent positive enthusiasm about an artist. Goodbye Sup Forums.