This is the scariest scene of all time. I shit my pants every time

This is the scariest scene of all time. I shit my pants every time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JHiPoT_AjZA
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZOa57Jfy6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It freaked me out when I was 12

I laughed and turned the movie off right there

Did you know the actor playing the alien had a automobile accident on his way to film that scene? He rear ended a car because he was drunk and killed both people in that car. After he filmed that scene He was arrested and now lives out his sentence in jail. Also nice trips. Check mine.

Is this the scene where people are shouting in plain daylight and the camera suddenly points to this monster?

That scared the crap out of me

It's at a kid's birthday party iirc

>hasnt seen mulholland dr

ISS BEHIND

I think we all have a deep primordial fear of looking out the window and seeing something not-quite-human slip past our field of vision.

I know I do. And if I fucking see it and it knows I saw it then it will try to kill me.

>That's why he had asthma. It can't be luck. His lungs were closed. His lungs were closed. No poison got in. No poison got in. His lungs were closed. His lungs were closed.

Given that demons are actually real you're probably too dangerous now that you figured that out. Rip in piece though

This scene scared the hell out of me when I first saw it. Now I'm a big guy and I can clearly see why it is so effective:

1. The warning from the TV news anchor: "what you're about to see may disturb you". Who wouldn't normally be startled after hearing this?
2. The realistic, low-quality footage (well, I'm Brazilian and immediately noticed something odd about their spanish-esque pronunciation, but it didn't interfere at all with the final result)
3. The sound of the children screaming. What a great idea to place this scene in a children's birthday party, by the way!
4. Phoenix's reaction and expression.
5. The low key, repetitive soundtrack in the background.

This is why I think it's a brilliantly crafted horror scene.

yeah but they can't physically harm you....r-r-right?

>demons
>cloven feet, damaged by water, no fucking clothes/tactics despite alleged status as interstellar travelers
>protagonist is a troubled priest who lost his faith
>movie is called SIGNS

Boy do I feel slowpoke.

Yes, scariest for small children. If this still frightens you perhaps literally you're still a small child.

>water in a priests house is their weakness
>holy water

Not sure but you're about to find out

I guess it would make sense for only blessed water to work, otherwise they should have been in constant pain/smoking due the humidty.

It was a NOPE moment as a kid.

I had to turn the lights on to be able to read this thread.

Am I the only one?

Why do people pretend to hate this movie again?

I understand why they pretend to hate Lady in the Water, but not this.

Why are skinnyfags so much scarier than large or fit monsters?

Do we subconsciously associate skinny threats with a starving predator or perhaps a dangerous wasting illness? Do spindly motherfuckers just look naturally more agile with a longer reach? Look at slenderman, you add an extra foot onto a dudes limbs, hide his face and suddenly you have le terrifying memester.

Maybe us manlets just have trouble associating something tall with ourselves, I know when they cast the guy for the xenomorph suit in Alien they specifically went for some 7ft+ freak.

How come this never became a meme?

Reminder that fan theories, no matter how satisfying, do not make up for M. Night's shoddy film-making.

They were aliens.

I don't. This thread has made me want to re watch it.

It's a shame though that I saw Scary Movie 3 before seeing this. Maybe if I watched Signs when it originally came out; it would have scared me more.

(You)

It's far worst if you are brazilian/portuguese speaker. In american movies brazil fags always speak spanish or have an weird accent.

So, you are expecting then to talk like "Mira, es uno rabujo" but then the children begin to scream in perfect portuguese "Ali! Ali! Olha ali!" and you go "WTF this shit is real?" You are just thiking about an then the alien appears.

Nope man, just nope.

Agreed, truly not a bad movie. Mel is based, so is Joaquin.

>Implying this wasn't more of a spook

It did.

Of course they were. But God still exists, which is why He made the daughter picky about water, why He made the son so bad at baseball, why He gave the boy asthma.

MNS literally solved the theodicy, via art, and the atheist media mock him.

Being thin is unnatural.

This does nothing for me. There's probably a few times when watching the movie Creepshow, when the hand comes out of the ground that made me jump a few times.
Usually after the first time, after knowing the music ques in the shock effect it doesn't scare me anymore.

Movie shit, gets me maybe one time, and that's all. Rarely does it do it more than once.

Don't mind me, just dropping off some nightmare fuel

The scene with the reflection in the TV was spookier for me.
Made me look away when turning on my TV of a morning for about a year.

This still creeps me out and is the image I default to when looking out my window every night.

Oh God, I forgot how terrifying this flick was. I'm LITERALLY having heart palpations as I write this post.

OP's image triggers me

>Aliens just wanted to learn of Earth's farming prowess in order to save their dying planet
>Mel cuts off their fingers

They even specifically attempt to nonviolently steal an immature human larva of the male genus to limit the impact on the farmers colony. Humans are greedy as fuck.

Because Shyamalan was a genius all the way through The Village then he went full retard. The scene is effective because he knew exactly how to craft the scene.

I didn't think The Visit was too bad but it was ok.

youtube.com/watch?v=JHiPoT_AjZA

The pantry scene is fucking good too

Fuckin this, i see in the catalog and hided for no reason.

this x 100

Is it a meme to pretend that this film is scary?

Reminder? What are you talking about? The entire movie is about him finding his religion again. How is the main theme of a movie a "fan theory"? You're an idiot.

ANDELE CHILDREN

Any video games as spooky as Signs?

>tfw no perfect mix of Harvest Moon/Amnesia where you grow crops and max out relationships during the day while exploring spooky shit around the farm at night

For real man, shit was fucking spooky

Make the game user, sounds cool. If you don't know how to, learn. Could be on to a winner!

Metro 2033 had a signs like moment

Signs came out at a bad time post X-files conspiracy where people legit think everything was aliens

It would have done well in the Exorcist era and would be well regarded as a demon film.

It did? I don't remember.

it scared the fuck out of me because i was looking at the car, i thought issss behind the car

>They were aliens.
Wrong.
>daughter leaving holy water around the house which burns one of the 'aliens'
>hooves, like the user said
>baphomet on one of the 'aliens' back
>reports of more of these creatures appearing in the holyland on the radio
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZOa57Jfy6Q

ARTYOM

We need to go to Polis

ENJOY IT
STOP CRYING

i'd really like to see some sauce on that.

You're a real tough guy.

nah, the ring was fucking spooky.

Probably one of the only films I legit haven't watched in a very long time. It's pretty good for an american remake too.

MOVE CHILDREN, VAMANOS

Yup that whole movie really made me Value the presence of a weapon in the home.

Fuckin gave me chills mate. Wasn't a fried of this before but now ...

This shit is why I close all the windows and cover them.

I don't get people who can sleep with their windows uncovered.

>ARTYOM
Source please

probably the same people who hate Tom Cruise for 20 years for jumping on Oprah's couch

No not really, just honesty.
Pretending to still be scared of something that causes no actual threat of physical harm seems just what it is - pretending.

>that causes no actual threat of physical harm
Source?

How does a movie on screen physically cause you harm? Does it come out of the screen, and touch you physically? If not, then it cannot physically cause you harm.
If seeing it, you react that is you not the external screen doing anything to you physically.

Jesus Christ are you pretentious. Tell us more about how movies can't hurt us. Fucking reddit toughposing.

What does pretentious mean?

I'm being me, nothing more or less. If you do not like how I am stating anything you are free to not like, hate, or whichever.

Fucking autists

This shit right here

M Night can make good horror movies. Problem is when he gets wrapped up in his own bullshit and he thinks he's some sort of cinematic messiah

That doesn't bother me. You seem angry.

This scene is literally capeshit.

youtube link pls

I cover my windows because I'm constantly masturbating and don't want the neighbors to see

Not even mildly scary

Motherfucker, is that the doc?

VAMANOS CHILDREN!

Never understood why people found this particular scene so scary.

Maybe it's easier for skinny fuckers to be closer to that uncanny valley territory than fit monsters. You see a ripped demon or cave troll and you're scared in the same way a tiger scares you. "Huge threat, big guym extremely painful, etc.". Slenderman isn't just thin, he's human-but-not quite, which triggers a different kind of fear reaction. Why there's an uncanny valley in the first place I would pay good jewgold to find out

It was honestly a freak accident that the scene was so startling. Obviously it was crafted to be that way but it being better than other good "jump" scenes wasn't director skill, just luck

>Why there's an uncanny valley

Fear of ambush predators? I'd say any living organism should be naturally adverse to anything that resembles themselves yet is slightly off. Anything that camouflages to get close to what it's imitating can only be seeking to hunt.

>something that is good that is done on purpose is just luck

Is that what you tell yourself to justify having no job, dropping out of college, and beating off to celeb's Snapchats while the rest of the people your age have actual experiences?

what did all those birds fly into if it wasn't an spaceship

i get the feels when watching this alone at night ;_;

Gospel of Mark, 11:

>Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

Think about it.

fucking this, i wish i could see out without people seeing in.

It does a fine job of building up suspense, even though the aliens are retarded. Why invade a planet that's mostly covered in & depends on water if it's toxic to your people?

His sentence ended years ago but he can't open the door to get out

Holy shit that was a lot of projection

You doing okay mate?

VAMOS CHILDREN

>the door is so far off the ground that you can stick your hand through at the bottom

Is this really a thing in America?

>this guy

In really old houses, yes. You can barely fit a pinky underneath interior doors in my house.

wtf were the aliens or demons game plan?

I dont understand what is scary about it.
The "MOVE CHILDREN" is especially stupid, who does that to their TV?

I guess it's the same phenomenon than with the scene behind the dinner in Mulholland Drive