>..shes on an airplane..um.
>and shes flying to meet her fiance..
>...um

the albums alright but the intro song is cringe as fuck

An album can be worse but be more influential

obviously ITAOTS is more influential

they're both pretty good tbf

it's great, what are you talking about?

Bright Eyes is for nu-male hipsters. NMH is for alphas who own successful businesses and have a wide range of hobbies and activities.

disagree

literally one of only two, maybe three good tracks off the record

i have news, loser
both albums are for whoever the fuck wants to listen to them

pleb

It's not a subjective matter

Name some prominent artists Bright Eyes have influenced

bright eyes is the most cringe inducing, melodramatic, whiny nu-male music ever, you should be embarrassed if you like this

Radiohead

nice buzzword you got there

>i can get away with dropping lazy ass baseless """criticism""" and walk away looking smart!
think again

well i guess its not so much the song itself, more the little story that begins it. I just don't think it adds anything to it. The song itself isnt bad.

Favourite track from IWAIM is We Are Nowhere and Its Now. Or maybe Landlocked Blues.

>think again
what are you, a sheriff?

i'm not saying the story is fantastic or anything
maybe it's a bit too long
but I really enjoy that song compared to the majority of the rest

yeah, i'm the fucking taste sheriff and you're going to jail

I also have better ones if you like

AND ON THE WAY HOME HELD THAT DAMN CAMERA LIKE A BIBLE, JUST WISHIN SO BAD THAT IT HELD SOME KIND OF TRUTH

I dropped this album a while ago because of that dumbass forced monologue.
Luckily I gave it a second chance, and the rest of the album grew on me. But that intro is still stupid as fuck.

it all comes together in the "and then they splashed into the deep blue sea!" bit
it's anecdotal, but it's worked into an example on how life is just a crazy ride we try to make the best of while we can

DAYLIGHT NEW DAY LEPS THROUGH THE WINDOW, SOME OLD SOUL SONG COMES ON THE ALARM CLOCK RADIO

it doesn't work for me personally, maybe its the delivery of it. The stammering and everything. I prefer the live version, mainly because Conor screams out the bit before the second chorus.

I'm surprised Connor didn't die from drugs and alcohol. Dude was always drunk asf

Cassagaga>daiadu>iwaaim>lifted

>iwaim>eaeu>lifted>daiadu>cassagaga

lifted>the story is in the soil>keep your ear to the ground>iwaim

youre a huge fag

Conor would an hero if he saw these godawful rankings
I'm Wide Awake > Lifted > Letting Off the Happiness > Digital Ash > People's Key > Cassadaga

He nearly has, his latest 2 solo albums are about how he has a cyst in his brain and he wishes he was dead

Cassadaga belongs after lifted imo, legit good album unless you're 13

Does anyone else think that Lifted is better than Wide Awake? Wide Awake is obviously close second for me, but anyone else? Could just be nostalgia, Lifted was the first Bright Eyes I ever heard

Actual rankings including solo

I'm wide awake > Lifted > Upside down mountain > Ruminations/Salutations > Cassadaga > People's Key > Self titled > Fevers + Mirrors > Digital Ash > Letting off the happiness

(music wise, LOTH is great for influences and lyrics but aesthetically and musically it's garbage)

>LOTH is great for influences and lyrics but aesthetically and musically it's garbage
I have to disagree with you there, with the exception of the 30 minute track at the end.
Also what about the Four Winds single? That happens to contain one of my favorite BE songs ever, Smoke Without Fire.

Every Day and Every Night is my favorite Bright Eyes release, but it was also the first Connor thing I got, so it might be nostalgia.

I tried not to include singles (President talks to God, Easy/Lucky/Free, Tachycardia) because they'll generally sit alongside the albums anyway. Smoke Without Fire is a banger but the song itself doesn't put it above the whole next album imo.

LOTH is weird. I can see how Conor's music built off it, and I love his voice and songwriting but even then some of the songs off this album just make me cringe. I still listen to it sometimes and far from hate it, I just REALLY struggle to put it above any other albums.

Pull My Hair is one his best songs.

BUT ME IM A SINGLE CELL
ON A SERPENTS TONGUE

U RITE

Pull my hair and June on the west coast are 11/10 bangers for sure, but like I've said it's really hard to put it above other albums with other songs being so lackluster

I'll fucking kill you