Razorfist says that nobody hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia made the Plinkett videos

>Razorfist says that nobody hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia made the Plinkett videos

Do you agree with this sentiment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg
youtube.com/watch?v=t0wHqNi3x5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

100% wrong. As much as I hate RedditLetterMedia prequel jokes and prequels being shit on goes back to after it released in theaters.

obviously not, but I think RLM both popularized the arguments that most people use today to criticize the prequels to the point of being trite as well as kind of "explaining" to a lot of them why they may have been ambivalent about them in the first place if they didn't have a firm grasp of kino fundamentals

we were making fun of how stupid episode 1 looked from trailer one. i don't know who this faggot is, but who is he to rewrite history?

youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg

Yeah, clearly.

No.
The prequels were bad. I was there, in 1999, in the movie theater. I was 16 then. It fucking sucked. The only really good part of ep1 was the pod race. The rest felt flat.

Eps 2 and 3 I watched on DVD. They fucking suck. Especially Ep2 is just BAD. Lucas just can't write romance. Ep3 is forgettable, just get it over with.

Ep7 I saw in the theater. It's ok. It really is far too similar to ep 4, but it's well made.

No.People disliked Ep.1 back in 1999.

>emotionally immature man that dresses like an asshole has shitty wrong opinions

If you look at rotten tomatoes, the contemporary reviews were decent. Episode III is at 80%.

No, and who is Razorfits?

The latest alt-right diva to make middle schoolers feel smart.

do you think he dresses like that on a daily basis? or is it just part of his "character"?

He looks like your average american school shooter.

I saw episode 1 in theatres in 1999. I was 12. I thought it was okay. All of my friends thought it was okay.

People who saw it as adults always hated it because it couldn't compare to OT.

Still though, I'd say the prequels weren't totally hated. Aotc was panned but a lot of people liked rots when it came out.

Nonsense, here's a recording of a man who was in the film, albeit in a small role, describing how crap it is: youtube.com/watch?v=t0wHqNi3x5M

Sorry it's quite long, but let's face you're probably unemployed so what does it matter?

One thing you could argue is that there's an additional wave of people who should really have been too young to care inexplicably giving a fuck about them, but that doesn't mean they aren't shit films.

And here's Spaced, filmed in I think 1999, with a joke about how shit fans of the original films thought the prequels were: youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg

Essentially, this Razorfist bloke's either ignorant or contrarian for sake of it.

Razorfist is a fucking moron and he loves the types of movies RLM verbally destroys on Best of the Worst.
Like Death Wish 3 for example. This is why he hates RLM.

Why would you call yourself "Razorfist"? It sounds like a parody of an "edgy" name, but he's American so I know he's too thick for that sort of thing.

He's literally an edgelord, likes metal, wears those type of clothes, long hair, eyeliner.

Manchild tries to look like a tough guy, the picture

Is everyone here twelve or something? The prequels were hated by every single fan, and are the perfect example of "lol fuck you fans, we want a new audience now", everyone who didn't understand paid positive reviews and shilling pretty much learned about them with the prequels.

is metal the autism of music?

You see still see those faggots regularly. They have to be on the spectrum.

not if it features bjorn "speed" strid

I saw Ep. 1 as a teenager, and thought it was okay

I wasn't worried until I saw AOTC and saw that it fucking sucked dick compared to ESB

>over the age of 16
>still listens to metal

why is this allowed?

Sweet, haven't heard peter before

the truth is somewhere in the middle.

he should listen to grown up music like grimes and kanye west

The true autists are the idiot who dress and have avatars of skulls and shit.

Yes and no. The prequels were disliked, but because of shallow reasons like "Annakin was annoying" or "JarJar was stupid". RLM gave us valid reasons to hate them.

>children
>allowed to have legitimate opinions

You liked it because you were a child, i was the same.

I still like early Metallica and Sepultura, the real autism comes from solely liking metal and acting like everything else is for plebs.

>I only like grown up music like Radiohead Im sooo unique :3

>Sepultura

Because RLM were the only ones in the history of Earth to notice the stilted acting, terrible dialogue, ridiculous plotlines and overchoreographed duels, soaked in cgi.

>He's a metal connoisseur

Your post is a parody of nothing. Well done, retard.

who literally gives a fuck? you guys know youre all going to die someday right?

Hes just being an edgy contrarian as usual. Sometimes hes right, like in his MJ not-a-pedo video, but that's just luck of the draw because hes a contrarian about everything.

Ok George, but you're still here posting on this Cantonese circuit board diagram exchanging P.O. Box

Aww did my post hit a little too close to home? Radiohead are the pinnicle of "I'm 18 and I think I'm smarter than everyone because of my music taste" bands.

Not at all, mate. Being a snarky prick on Sup Forums is proper smart though, right?

>People who don't listen to Manchild: The music genre are automatically Radiohead fans
???

It's just music, dude. Don't be an autist about it.

This is some serious projecting

>Metal is Manchild: The music genre just because some autists who like dressing up also enjoy it
???

Aww did my post hit a little too close to home? Metal is the pinnicle of "I'm 18 and I think I'm smarter than everyone because of my music taste" genres.

LITERALLY FUCKING WHO?

HE IS 100 PER CENT RIGHT.

I WAS THERE.

STAR WARS FANS DEFENDED THE FUCK OUT OF PHANTOM MENACE AND WERE EXCITED FOR ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

The audience roared when Yoda fought Christopher Lee.

Fans don't give a shit about story - they only care about lore.

Wat a lolcow._

>it's a Sup Forums autists fight over their shitty taste in music episode

Was about to post this. Why is Spaced so underrated lads?

I was there. I was still on the fence until after attack of the clones. I was in denial that it was bad, until mace killed jango, he was so under used. My theatre was empty during ep 3.

You can always tell how old someone is just by asking them how they felt about the prequels.

I was 6 and saw episode 1 in the theater and thought it was kino. Everyone else in my kindergarden class loved it and I didn't even realize people hated the prequels until the Simpsons made a joke about it

As a guy who was born in -97 I basically "grew up" when the prequels were released. As a kid I remember rewatching New Hope ESB and Return of Jedi but never the prequels though my dad says me enjoying bits of episode 1 when I was a toddler. Of course as a kid I didn´t really think about why but now that I´m older the reason I didin´t watch them was because they were simply boring. I must have learned more about the prequels thanks to video games than the movies.

GODDDDD FUCKING SPEEED

Some of it has aged really bad senpai

Oh yeah about Razörfist. I think some of he´s videos are pretty good but some of the thing he does are pretty retarded like reviewing Metal Gear Rising as a fucking stealth game. Plus he`s twitter is pure cancer involving this kinda shit

First trailer/teaser was great though.
/thead

kek

>born in 97
your opinion is entirely irrelevant

>disliking old sepultura
I always preferred Sarcofago but come one. They ain't that bad.

>defending Michael Jackson touching kids

you can be a normal human being and listen to metal. It seems to be rare, but it's possible.

People were saying Episode 1 sucked the same way people were saying Episode 7 sucked before Pinkett. However, most were defending both films by pointing out they made loads of money and by saying the trilogy isn't done yet.

Oh, is this a Youtube thing?

you try and get some taste at some point.

The idea of the prequels were cool, but Lucas fucked up by trying to make it both a family friendly venture AND some kind of Space Opera Political Thriller

I was 14 when ep 1 came out and can say the only things my friends and I liked were pod racing (mainly because of the pc game) and Maul.

>disliking early sepultura

>be 40 years old
>dress like a 1980s heavy metal fan

Why?

There are literally videos of people coming out of the premiere of Episode 1 in 1999 massively disappointed. Others are shown liking it, but there are a number who thought it wasn't good.

So no, that guy is full of shit.

I don't know who this faggot Razorfist is, but my whole family hated the Phantom Menace from the moment we stepped out of the theater. Even as teenagers my brother and I could recognize that movie was shit.

All the Plinkett reviews did is meticulously and systematically put thoughts into words and pictures to explain why so many people felt those movies didn't work.

GenXers despised the prequels. RLM was celebrated for explaining exactly why they sucked.

He's such a dickhead about black metal. Also he talks like such a huge faggot.

Thanks for this vid, user, good stuff. Peter is based though I don't think I've ever heard his regular speaking voice. I always assumed he sounded like he does in Spaced and SotD.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

This is OBJECTIVELY wrong. The prequels were a laughingstock in pop culture long before RLM existed. South Park, Spaced and other TV shows skewered The Phantom Menace. Razorfist is a smug faggot who probably huffs his own farts while jerking off to shitty glam metal.

We who faggot?

Because he's an overly nostalgic faggot who can't accept that the 80s ended.

Not that user but I would guess "we" refers to Star Wars fans. Back in the early 00s every hardcore Star Wars fan HATED the prequels and relentlessly mocked them.

I disagree. The reason the plinkett reviews became such a hit is because RLM simply articulated why the prequels were complete garbage

some manlet who never grew up neither mentally or physically

Reminder Razorfist said he would make a video response to the Plinkett prequel reviews and he never did.

In his review of TFA, his best defense for the prequels is

>4, 5 and 6 h-have problems too!

Does he have the memory of a gold fish? I remember literally seeing disappointment on everyone's face the minute the first showing group left the theatre.

Does Razorfist suffer from some kind of autism? Either way, I like his verbose way of speaking.

Lucas himself minimized Jar Jar's appearances in Episodes 2 & 3 specifically due to the massive amount of criticism leveled at The Phantom Menace.

That's such a fucking lame cop-out. The funniest part is when people use that lame defense they never point out how the originals are as flawed as the prequels.

Shame about the rest of the film he forgot to fix.

>Your car is totalled, user
>Yeah well the wing mirror on your car is broken!
>Your car is still totalled, user.

The funny thing is Episode II is by far the worst prequel even though Jar Jar is barely in it.

Bullshit. I saw it in theaters. It was shit on the day after.

every plinkett "rebuttal" is absolute comedy gold

>97
Jesus fucking Christ I remember when I was lurking this site as a minor, I can't be that old can I?

I watched a couple of his videos. I don't know about the hair, but he clearly wears the shades so people can't tell he's reading a script.

I started hating on the 2nd movie the second it ended.

>File: image.jpg
found the mobileposter

You waited that long?