I'm cooking nachos in the oven tomorrow for the first time ever. Any tips?

I'm cooking nachos in the oven tomorrow for the first time ever. Any tips?

I'm really scared guys, I could really fuck if these nachos if I don't get any help. Aren't chips super brittle or something?

use nachos

Don't forget the main course.

Buy salsa
Salsa is good
And nice double dubs Op

I gots me some salsa and some beans. I'm not really sure how to prepare meat for oven nachos so I didn't buy them. I'd like to learn how though cause that'd be great. Adding mushrooms and jalepenos is also on the list, would be sweet. Thanks, them dubs was worked for.

Get some good salsa. I find the best tasting ones have to be refrigerated. You will also need grated cheese. Bake your chips for a few minutes then assemble the nachos and put them back in the oven.
>I do cheese, beans, steak, then put the salsa on after they come out of the oven so the chips don't get soggy.

How do you prepare the steak for getting cooked? Do you do it raw or heat it up prior to sticking it in the oven? This is honestly where I'm most confused.

Why you don't ask google ?
Obviously were the wrong person to ask
Or change the board to food ? Why on b/?

Season and grill it if you can. After grilling cut it up into strips and then bite sized pieces.

because /b is random so it means literally anything...you can post whatever you want it doesn't matter! It's really great.

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense! Get it cooked up because it won't be in the oven long enough to cook. I'm assuming oven time is something like 325f for 7 minutes or something. I'll have to try that sometime, thanks!

oven the chips before putting the salsa on them - soggy chips are bad

you're right, I really don't want this at all!

If it makes you feel any better there is almost no way to mess up nachos. We make them to use up left overs.

You can also use meatless meat if you want. I think the meatless ground beef from trader joes is pretty good.

'nachos in the oven'
kill yourself murifag

I honestly didn't know that was a thing, I might look into that thanks!

I honestly want to respond to this but, I have nothing to say. If you want your nachos in the microwave that's fine but I'm sick of them getting soggy and the cheese getting all rubbery and hardening on the chip. If you have some sort of bias on golden, fresh, delicious cheese than more power to you I guess? I'm confused here. Isn't the oven the best place to cook anything?

What's your prefered way to cook nachos? I'm dead serious? I'm curious as to why you're making fun of me because you apparently have an awesome way of making the most delicious thing on the planet, so go ahead, give us your tips!

>use meatless meat
Don't forget the bacon and fetus

You're the baby boy from before. Where did this come from anyway? I'm assuming you like bacon a lot? Or fetuses?

>I'm assuming you like bacon a lot? Or fetuses?
Bacon wrapped fetus is delicious, with semen gravy on the side.

Try boiled nachos instead...with milksteak,yea.....

I will eat bacon anything but you lost me at semen gravy.

"I'm a full-on-rapist. Y'know? Africans. Dyslexics. Children. That sorta thing."

Try semen gravy over a big steaming bowl of fish assholes.
You'll change your mind.

If you're entire point was to make me confused, you succeeded. I don't know if you're point was that I suck for eating nachos, or using the oven, or what? You obivously had this sweet technique all ready to go but you refuse to give it to me. You came to shit all over the thread and then you didn't wipe, and walked out of the stall. We cleaned it up just fine (cause we had janitors) but you walked around smelling like shit all day and it was terrible for you. I just wonder what the point of that was? You didn't hurt anyone but yourself. It's like a 'hurr durr I was only pretending to be retarded' moment

Sounds pretty good I will have to try that some time.

*ding*....goddammit Charlie.....

I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, I'm gonna rule this world, Gonna kick some ass, Gonna rise up, Kick a little ass, ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

First off, double dubs check'd

second, really depends on the style of nachos you're going for. I for one wouldn't think of cooking nachos in the oven, but if that's what you want to do fine. My suggestion is this:

Cook your meat type food (ground beef, carne asada, chicken, whatever), also your beans (usually refried type). When done cooking, keep them in a warming container. Prep your guacamole. Then lay our your chips on a plate, slap on the beans, add the meat, then the guac, sour cream if you like, shredded cheese, enjoy

Ah okay, so the cheese just melts in when the beans and hot meat get on top of there? That starts to make a bit more sense to me. Cook everything seperate and throw it all on the chips once done. That sounds like a good way to possibly go about it.

Can I ask why you wouldn't put it all in the oven and cook it? Would it ruin the chips or something?

pretty much, you put it all in the oven at once you might as well be making a casserole

Interesting, I'll have to keep this in mind once I start. Thanks for the suggestion!

Bro, I make the things for a living.

You're doing steak? Ambitious. I strongly recommend getting ground beef instead and using a packet of McCormick's taco seasoning. It's a pound of ground beef per packet.

Get extra thick chips too. It also helps if you just mix regular shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend with the plasticky, gross nacho cheese dip by Tostito's. Add your 'cold ingredients (sour cream, guac, salsa etc.) when you serve.

Have you already done your shopping?

Cook the steak with Montreal Steak Seasoning and major blasts of lime, and then dice that shit. Do NOT put raw steak on your chips homie. Chips are already cooked. Steak is not.