This is the best romance film ever made

This is the best romance film ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fkRuHhhYAqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't see anything romantic about it

All right, well maybe I should've said drama, or a film about love.

There is romance in it though. Or rather the aftermath of romance.

It's a nice fantasy for fa/tv/irgins who've never experienced a relationship in their life

women being sluts is not romance

Best romance/drama trilogy, yes

2 = 3 > 1

maybe that's why i like it so much...

>romance films

Do they ever end up together or is it just a lot of boring talking while they sit in a barge?

Git da fack owt.

1 > 2 (power gap)> 3

For me it's:
1=3>2

I love all of 'em, though.

>not liking all of them equally for different reasons
julie delpy ages a lot over the course of the three films but i still think she's an incredible beautiful and versatile actress. her performance in before midnight is probably the best of the bunch.

>a nice fantasy
The first one maybe, but second and third aren't really fantasies. Reality catches up.

Somethings wrong when your male lead is more attractive than your female lead in a romance flick.

Why do women age like milk

Can't beat the first film I'm afraid.

youtube.com/watch?v=fkRuHhhYAqg

They're both unlikeable sluts. Each movie is better than the last but Midnight is still only a 7/10.

It's a romanticized version of "reality"
It's very much fiction, fantasy, whatever you want to call it, and clearly written with women who crave "drama" as a target audience

exactly. the first film is a fantasy and even acknowledges it. it knows that the relationship is too good to be true. the characters are aware that if they exchange contact details then, in reality, the relationship would be likely to peter out. it does an amazing job of capturing the 'honeymoon period' before responsibilities and such start to take the focus away from the relationship.

knew what the clip was before i opened it, so perfect.

You understand the first film is about Linklater's life? It happened to him.

2nd and 3rd are fiction

You don't get out much, do you? The drama you're talking about is everywhere around you. People settle, grow dissatisfied and end with someone else. Then there's a thousand little frustrations that get bottled up and eventually you get what happens in the third one. Before midnight and blue valentine are the only films that got couples fighting right. It really felt like I was watching my parents splitting up again, with all the petty remarks and ugly jabs.

I like the first one but the rest are depressing then again I'm a 25 year old virgin and my only relationship experience was one lukewarm date.

Before Sunset isn't that depressing, in fact the ending is the most hopeful of the bunch.