New Year's Resolution is to quit smoking cigarettes

>New Year's Resolution is to quit smoking cigarettes
>Wake up today not long ago
>Already thinking about buying a pack

This is gonna be a looooong year, goddamn it.

Mine is to go a day without regretting anything.

Buy 4mg nicotine lozenges in bulk.

Take two at a time every few hours.

You're a dumb-dumb, and a nigger, and a faggot. No one with a shred of dignity is likely to have sex with you.

Just remember that the hard part is only the first week or two.

had my 1st in 5+ years last night. An Imported Djarum black (not those shitty cigars they sell now ). feel like absolute shit, throat hurts but damn it if i don't want another one.

Nah, it will just be a long two months. Then you'll be fine.

Quitting is hard, switching is easy. Get a vape.

First two weeks are the hardest. Stick with it, do something to keep you busy, go for a drive without your wallet, clean and tidy your shit up, sort your computer files properly, play sport or go for a light jog. Basically, if you're serious about it, do not give yourself time to smoke, or do activities which you normally smoke during. For me, I had to stop playing vidya and watching movies for a bit, because I chain smoke when doing those things. If you make yourself unable to buy smokes, you will thank yourself after moments of weakness.

For me, it was weed. I also deleted all my dealer's numbers, and unfriended my smoking buddies on facebook so I wouldn't ask them for smoke. Doing productive stuff or exercise is best, because you get a sense of accomplishment or hit of endorphins which eases the cravings. Good luck user.

Yo man if you need some advice, try eating snacks such as mentos or smth.

That'll get you to think about something else than cigs for some time.

If you faggots are serious, read Allen Carr's book. I don't normally believe in self help books, but fuck me, I painlessly got rid of my 10 year habit.

Vape is even worst. Lung cancer is even higher
(OP)
Congrats on you user, I know I'm looking like a massive faggot but it is the fucking truth. Good luck man.

>Calls someone a faggot for trying to give genuine advice on how to stop their addiction

How's high school going?

The Royal College of Physicians has said that Vaping is 90-95% safer than smoking.

Nearly all of the ingredients used in vaping are, and have been FDA approved since the 1940s, with the exception of the nicotine.

The CDC has two primary concerns with Vaping

1) The flavors used were never studied for inhalation, though they are all FDA approved

2) Vaping may make smoking socially acceptable again, something they have been fighting against for 40 years.

lrn2science

>vape
>lung cancer is even higher
Absolutely zero proof of this. Who knows what the long term effects of vaping on humans are, but we know that smoking tobacco is literally about the worst thing you can do for your health, so the choice is clear. Stop smoking and vape if it helps.

This.

I'm telling you this as a 52 year old man who has smoked from the time I was 13, until three years ago when I switched. For the ten years prior to that I was a two-pack-a-day smoker of either Marlboro Reds or Camels.

If the patch and the gum don't work for you (40% of smokers find they don't) then go to a local vape shop and get a cheap starter kit for less than $30. Try several flavors to find what you like and shoot for about 12% nicotine to start. If you don't like it, you aren't out much. If you do like it, you can get a decent setup for about what you'd pay for a carton of smokes.

DO NOT get your first stuff online. DO NOT buy some junk from a convenience store or gas station, most of that shit sucks. Look for a local shop that will let you try before you buy. They'll be able to answer your questions and steer you the right way.

I straight up cold turkey that shit,I kept telling myself about how ugly my teeth would of been if I kept smoking and how overall nasty I would grow up if I kept smoking.
Best way I did it was keeping my self busy day to day,almost forgetting a about smoking,and just after 2 weeks busting my ass at work,coming in late and walking out overtime,I didn't want cigs no more
6 years later I wanted to try it out again,never had cigs tasted to fucking bad,no more ever

Fucking pussy. Got no will power whatsoever. Start working out you fat fucking pussy!

I bought a vape for this exact reason yesterday.

I was gonna use nicotine gum and I did a trial run of it leading up to New Years. Not gonna work. Vape is better.

>quit smoking
>go to sauna three days in a row
>don't be a fag

If you keep smoking, you deserve lung cancer, you deserve to die.

As long as you don't buy unproven liquids from China that don't get certified in the US or EU then vaping is much much safer than smoking.

It gets easier. On the bright side at least you don't have meningitis. I smoked for 10 years and was starting to get headaches every day, so I figured it was the smoking catching up with me. I quit cold turkey and went through withdrawl while being sick with bacterial meningitis thinking withrdawl just sucked that much. Havnt smoked in 8 months.

I'm this guy
I did that exact thing. The guy at the shop set me up with something based on the amount and type of cigs I smoked - right down to he 12 mg nicotine. It's been working so far.

Vaping also grows your social circle. I met friends and we meet up to practice and participate in cloud competitions.

Have you considered smoking a pipe? It's quite a different experience from cigarettes. For one thing, you don't inhale (you absorb the nictone through the buccal membranes), so you're smoking for the flavour. And unlike cigarettes, they're not convenient; you need to put aside anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours depending on the size of your pipe, so you're not nipping out to get another zap of nictone every 15 minutes.

Because you get a single big blast of nicotine (as much as four or five cigarettes worth at a time) and then go long stretches with none at all, you don't get addicted. For instance, in the summer I'll smoke two or three bowls a day, but it's been almost a month since my last pipe because it's not as pleasant to smoke in the cold.

There's also the fact that pipe tobacco is much nicer and tastier than the shit they put in cigarettes. Even the nastiest drug store pipe tobacco is still worlds better than the acrid, sour, chemical-tasting garbage in cigarettes.

Not the whole year.

It gets easier otherwise no one would give in.

You have to have the will power to get to that point though.