Name a edgier band

Name a edgier band

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cYQ8Ms4KhSE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the sword.

any death metal band and most black metal bands

allow me to give you an excerpt from cannibal corpse's "entrails ripped from a virgin's cunt"

>My knife's jammed in your ass
>As you die you orgasm
pottery

DEATH GRIPS

NWA, next question

I USED TO WANNA KILL MYSELF
CAME UP STILL WANNA KILL MYSELF
MY LIFE IS GOING NOWHERE
I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I DON'T CARE

Cannibal Corpse.

The Beatles

"We're bigger than Jesus"? Come on.

What the fuck is Young God even about? How do the lyrics relate to the title?

probably about how much gira hates catholics, he's made shitloads of songs and one album dedicated to that concept
with the "young god" being jesus and how they hide their misdeeds behind faith (flesh)

The funny fact is that shit like Slipknot or Death Metal is always called "edgy" but the bands doesn't even take it seriously, but then there are crap like early Swans or Whitehouse which is even more edgy and the fuckers they actually were serious about it, fucking degenerates and worthless pieces of shit.

Someone's upset

Swans is edgy in how they express their metaphors/meanings the song "raping a slave" isn't about raping a slave (they're not the rolling stones lmao) it's about oppression and power, possibly capitalism. Gira was actually an art student, a lot of people don't know that.

Slipknot and Death Metal on the other hand simply sing about edgy things for edge's sake, to posture that they're alternative, underground, dark when they're really just shitty metal.

Whitehouse is comprised of actual degenerates that much is true, but they're also much more obscure than Swans, Slipknot, or Death Metal/Deathcore.

And they've strangely got artistic merit as well, nominated for several awards in "auditory arts" for Bird Seed, which is actually a critique of popular culture.
Why you never became a dancer is a review of an art film titled "why I never became a dancer,"
and wriggle like an eel is apparently a song against dance trends "Can you do the chlorine gargoyle?"
then with philosophy it's just pretty much william bennet being an edgy fucktard and sotos' track is a good a guess as any's in terms of meaning.
Cut Hands has the solution seems like a very personal track addressed to someone Bennet know.
Munkisi Munkondi is just bennet exploring world music in a power electronic context by trying to sound like an african or something, a trend he continued with his Cut Hands project.

It's sung from the persepctive of Ed Gein, a serial killer and graverobber from the 50's who made furniture and clothes out of human skin.

>Cut Hands has the solution seems like a very personal track addressed to someone Bennet know.
I never got that from it at all, it seems like it's just directed at a certain type of person, I'm sure you've come in contact with them before

>lel peep
>band

Whitehouse

I saw them live a few weeks ago.
It was like having blue balls for three hours.
Not even edging, just blue balls.
Can't recommend.

>Gira was actually an art student
you say that like its supposed to be impressive

Almost every other power electronics or death industrial band out there.

You must be new.

Death Metal doesn't just consist of Cannibal Corpse or Devourment clones, you know? maybe you should try looking into genres at least a little bit before you dismiss them

>fucking degenerates and worthless pieces of shit.
Sounds like Whitehouse lyrics, maybe they are not the only edgy ones here.

>and wriggle like an eel is apparently a song against dance trends "Can you do the chlorine gargoyle?"
The wriggling eel and the chlorine gargoyle are actually about a gay guy who got (presumably forcibly) drowned at a party. I'm not kidding.

delete this please

brainbombs

If you think Swans is edgy, you really don't understand Art, the No-wave scene, and Michael Gira's backstory.

They ARE edgy, regardless of what I think of them

the raunchous brothers

Are we talking strictly good music here?

Can this count?

youtu.be/cYQ8Ms4KhSE

why does this varg guy pose like an instagram thot?

Sup Forums

>degenerates

can people who unironically use this as an insult just kill themselves please

Skrewdriver
also *an edgier

Or the knife

To be honest Swans lyrical content or imagery isn't radically different from most other rock bands. It's only their style of music that makes them seem "edgy". I think that Gira has written about a wide range of subjects over many decades and the big picture seems pretty natural. They've had their own share of mellow and harsh songs.

Mayhem
Emperor

the list goes on...