There is no such thing as obscurity

There is no such thing as obscurity.

One man's obscure music is another group's cannon.

Obscurity is relative.

It's like a ripple effect.

In the middle are billboard pol fans.

Then you have r/music in the outer circle.
Then there is Sup Forums in the next circle
Then RYM avant-teens in the next
Then trad-folk listeners
Etc

*pol = pop

Yeah I believe it.
That one band on bandcamp I found witch only one buyer is just popular in a different circle, that's all. :^)

His/her friends, bandmates and their friends, family and his dog, Bill.

r/im14andthisisdeep

I don't think you understand what obscurity means if you think that doesn't count as obscure.

nothing on bandcamp counts as obscure if it's readily available to listen to

Compare to the remaining 4 billion people in the world, it's still obscure
readily available to listen to =/= actually being listened to

There are varying levels of obscurity.

Most of Sup Forums have no idea who Ben UFO is but /bleep/ and every clubber in Europe does, for example.

Compare to the remaining 4 billion people in the world, it's still obscure

That's why I said "varying levels".

nah that doesn't cut it anymore. compare bandcamp releases that are able to be found by a search engine, which automatically appear under new releases on the site, which are required to have tags. then compare that to tapes that have been around for years that haven't made it onto a search engine yet, or anywhere on the internet. even if they're both listened to by the same amount of people, the accessibility of the music can make one more obscure than the other. obscurity =/= just amount of people that have listened to it

>accessibility
Irrelevant
See five people vs 4 billion as compared to 14 people vs 4 billion? Both obscure.

see don't let little words bother you

>trad-folk
i wish it wasn't that obscure

>caring about shit music

yeah there is, just because you change your frame of reference does not mean obscurity ceases to exist, actually because of the internet i would argue obscurity in music has increased since any jack off can upload music online

Non sequitur

I have 5 followers on souncloud. 3 of them are fake accounts, and no one listened to my last song

cornered
see

>One man's obscure music is another group's cannon.

Does not follow.

"availability" is not relevant to obscurity. Technically ALL music is now available, yet still remains obscure.