Travis Barker

I saw blink 182 live last night.

Yeah I know they're cheesy and yeah I know they are kind of shit in the eyes of many but it felt like I was an angry pre-pubescent middle schooler again. They actually played a lot of the songs off of the enema/pants and jacket era too

I think overall the most impressive thing was how fucking great Travis Barkers drums were holy shit, how the fuck did he get stuck playing in a pop punk band? It's ridiculous how heavy and fast some of those drum rolls are. It goes to show how underrated he is for a 3 chords pickslide pop punk group.

Travis is WAAY too talented compared to the rest of the band members that it's kind of jarring. Skiba is pretty good though.

Honestly, I liked what they were going with for the new album, but I hate the choice of producer. They should have self-produced it like they did with Neighborhoods.

the band always sounds better when they self produce, mark's vocals last night weren't too bad they had consistency too.

>HURR DURR BLINK IS SHIT

Does anyone really think this anymore? Every modern punk band (begrudgingly or not) names them as an influence, they pretty much invented pop punk and their skate punk days were actually really fucking good.

But yeah, Travis is the best member. Good thing they got rid of Adam, since he was apparently trying to turn the band into Coldplay. How's the new guy?

new guys pretty fucking good

Have you spent time listening to music at all?

if you spent any time discussing/listening to music you'd know that musical and artistic taste is subjective

Well Jerry Finn was a good producer. The issue was that the new producer made them sound like all of his other pop punk bands that he produced. As if he was trying to come up with a homogenized sound and get all of his bands to conform to it.

definately

This thread reeks of people who have never spent more than an hour behind a drumset in their life.
Jesus fucking christ
>cymbals at eye level
>flat angle
>>>>>>how heavy and fast some of those DRUM ROLLS are
>Sup Forums
Commies with shit taste in music and no actual knowledge of music

I don't play drums but I enjoy the way a drummer plays and find it impressive from a purely listening standpoint.
who's the insecure faggot me or you because you're getting a stick up your ass about the way someone sets up their kit. If we're filthy "commies" with no standards in music why the fuck would you care about us having shit taste anyway.

>I don't play drums
No shit sherlock I gathered that from every post in this god-awful thread
>getting a stick up your ass about the way someone sets up their kit
You don't play drums, it's no surprise you wouldn't understand why setting up your cymbals at eye level is retarded and all the problems that are associated with it (including but not limited to: damaging equipment, efficiency of movement, awful technique and production of sound, etc) and why that's attributed to armature drummers.

>But he plays fast so he must be good!!11!

>If we're filthy "commies" with no standards in music why the fuck would you care about us having shit taste anyway

That's where you're wrong. I don't give a shit what you get off to. I'm just pointing out how commie boards don't ever seem to know a damn thing about music or instruments as evident in this thread. You said so yourself, you don't know dick about drums and you're impressed with "heavy and fast drum rolls" from someone who has been playing drums incorrectly for years. his wrists will be nonfunctional in 20 years time and that's being generous. More competent musicians have ruined their hands in less time, see the 2000 - 2006 Cavaliers drum line members. Ask how many of them can play drums for long periods of time (they can't, their PD ruined their hands and that's because they had immaculate technique)

enema pants sounds like a cinco product

>I don't give a shit what you get off to
by inherently saying that I have no knowledge in any form of a subjective art form you really do give a shit and are just hiding it.
it's a fucking drum set

I'm making fun of the fact that you don't know what you're talking about. If you see that as me caring and "just hiding it" then so be it.

>it's a fucking drum set
Spoken like a true connoisseur of the arts

your defense was calling me a commie so I mean it's kind of hard to take you seriously regardless of how "W O K E" on drums you are.
but yeah, in the end it's a fucking drum set, and since you have one you can be playing it 30 times better than who this thread is about instead of bitching about it on an imageboard for chinese cartoons

for the record the dude survived a fucking plane crash so his bones probably are janky as fuck anyway

>call Sup Forums a commie board
>it's a personal attack on me!!!
Holy shit. Kill yourself. Or better yet, learn a fucking instrument thoroughly and build some character

No shit? I didn't know about the plane crash. I wonder if that made his already stiff technique stiffer. Glad he's still touring the world impressing normies

i've been playing guitar for 10 years
no u
filthy commie

he actually is pretty fucking well built to be quite honest, for his age at least
he probably could end up being a lower tier MMA fighter or some shit because of how much hits he can take

The guitar is the 1984 of instruments.

That's actually a pretty interesting claim, The Guitar has origins from spain and I'm not quite sure of the Communist influences on the art and cultural landscape when it was first becoming commonplace.

his joints are fucked though, even without the plane crash. Most people don't know what effect playing drums loud and hard for years and doing it incorrectly can have on the body. slamming into the kick fucks your knee, the shock of the stick if you death grip it like he does send the shock up the arm into the elbow. add a plane crash or two and heavy lifting. rip at age 60

>it's a commie strums on his walmart acoustic for 10 years episode

>implying it's ever a smart move to buy remotely anything from a walmart including an instrument of any variety
also im libertarian right, so im an anarcho capitalist you dumb fuck