Why is the Dutch language so underrated?

The Dutch language has many advantages
>Easy to learn
>Easy to pronounce
>Written in Latin alphabeth
>Spoken by First World nations
>The grammar isn't as difficult as the grammar of the German language
>Speakers of Dutch are able to communicate with Afrikaners in their native tongue.
>worldwide (Suriname, Antilles, Netherlands, Belgium, the Indonesian upperclass and by some Afrikaners.
>The Indonesian law is written in Dutch
>Native tongue of Charlemagne

Because we already won the culture and language war

>easy to pronounce

ikrj agreejk

That's not an excuse for not learning Dutch.

Since you are one of the most proficient nations in English, I guess there's only one category of people that would gain something significant by learning Dutch - those who want to live in the Netherlands.

>>Native tongue of Charlemagne
This meme again

B-but, that's not even a meme...

There is not trace of Frankish, we didn't find any so called Frankish tongue in the merovingians tombs

And the Franks were in the Roman Empire since Arbogast, they abandonend whatever tongue they spoke far before Charlemagne.

I am not living far away from the border and was thinking since some time to learn your language.
I already can understand between 20% and 87% of Dutch texts.

>20% to 87%

that's a wide fucking difference m8

> 87%
I meant 70%.
You are right, simple texts are not a problem.
I the appendices of two books I had to read for uni were Dutch excerpts which haven't been translated. This was really difficult, but reading shorter newspaper articles are regularly not a problem.
Rule: If you are uncertain, read it out loud

If this was coming from someone other than a Dutch, then I would be convinced.

you really should change your flag.

>the United States of Islam (PBUH)

No it's a great flag.

What did he speak then acoording to you?

>Speakers of Dutch are able to communicate with Afrikaners in their native tongue.
>worldwide (Suriname, Antilles, Netherlands, Belgium, the Indonesian upperclass and by some Afrikaners.

Oh yeah that's something I've always wanted to do

NO clue, never herd the toothpaste people talk. All european languages sound the same.

Nice repeating digits, may be fate trying to tell you something

Old French

Dutch is the language for peasants, Flemish is the language for the intellecutals.

It sounds like fucked up german desu.

Man, bring the prince of orange's flag back
Your modern flag seems like a toothpaste and the old one was great

Dutch is an interesting language and is spoken by around 20 million people
Definitely not an irrelevant language

I don't know, I heard some Dutch on the tramway today and that was quite a reminder how awful it sounds.

I do not want to talk to pasty, platinum blond lanky skeletons who wear leopard print swim-shorts and pink tanktops, emasculated Dutch "chavs", as well as pasty, rounded, platinum blond, dry-straw-thin haired, yellow teeth, plump Dutch girls

No, thanks

tell us more about your experiences with the Dutch

>Easy to pronounce
>Spoken by First World nations
No.

Flemish is a Dutch dialect.
Learn French

Belarussian

I probably speak better french than you do, snowman.

Not over. Frenchis still in the race.
Bitch bastard anglo scum, die in hell

Good post.
Lang lebe Frankreich!

Thank you m'y brother.

>Native tongue of Charlemagne

I don't think Dutch was a thing back then

A flamboyant version of Germans
This is all you need to know when encountering the Dutch in Croatia

Probably dealt with the worst of them on vacation.

Like how the Spanish whine about Germans and Brits but I've had nothing but good experiences with them

Because everyone in the Netherlands speaks English.
If I started speaking Dutch to a Dutchman they will more than likely hear my accent and start speaking English.
Which will then make learning dutch a pointless effort

Dutch is the ugliest language in Europe. No contest. Most languages have something good going for them – I've studied some linguistics – but Dutch is hideous in every form and the only language I actively hate. It's like the retarded cousin of German and all of its speakers should kts.

Nigger, have you read even Middle-Dutch? The Dutch of 600-900 years before that would be unrecognizable.

you are equally bad

Currently using duolingo to learn some words and sentences. Itsa pretty nice sounding language desu

No you don't.

/thread

it sounds like shit

That's a huge stretch of "worldwide."

Well, not if you look at the map

Afrikaans is not Dutch, and only a dozen indogooks speak dutch.

>hating on Dutch

literally shaking my head baka senpai

Literally nothing. Even portuguese is more relevant.

maar ik spreek Nederlands?
oh ja, andere mensen zijn trots op hunzelf vanwege zij verschrikkelijke Engels spreken, en dus ja je moet onze taal leren. Nederlanders spreken heel goed Engels en dus hun taal kut is? Nee, dat kan niet.

>Indonesia
kek. that's like including us in the Hispanosphere.

>supposed to learn the language of a people who often know my native better than I do
Pls no

stop being unintelligent
if someone's second language is stronger than your mother tongue then you need to pick up a fucking book

>HOMO

Because it fucking sounds like toilet speak

Get the fuck outta here toothpaste

first post best and only correct post

I've always wanted to learn Dutch. Mostly I liked the way it looks written.

>double vowels
>ij, ui, eeuw, ouw

Clearly a superior language.

Het Nederlands is de beste taal in het hele wereld.

Ik kan niet meer stop laughing.

I think the world (alas, even the Dutch themselves) overrate the Dutch people's prowess as English speakers. I have been there several times and I found them to be just as good as the average Flemish man when it comes to English.

This flag is older

This

Frankish was

>Afrikaans is not Dutch

It kind of is though

>the Indonesian upperclass
my grandparents speak it because dutch heritage but we are in no way upperclass.
upperclass indonesian speaks english and mandarin

>Germanic language
>ugly

no thanks

>we didn't find any so called Frankish tongue in the merovingians tombs
Clovis I wrote down the laws in Latin and this contained fragments of Frankish/Old Dutch.

>Charlemagne spoke Old French
The general consensus is that Charlemagne grew up speaking his local Frankish dialect.

He undoubtedly also spoke a bunch of other languages at the time, including Latin, Old French, Greek, ...

You're an idiot.

Dutch sounds like a drunk person trying to speak english and german at the same time

It meant the old upperclass to be specific. That's why Indonesia was on the map.

I already did a bit, but when I visited your cunt noone wanted to speak Dutch with me, and everyone started to switch to English.

>french
>a real language

It's better than English and German, but it's too irrelevant, I even didn't found opening Pokemon in Dutch

if you want to perform your language - make a songs in it and Dutch versions of popular songs

But French sounds better than English

Now you know how Ukrainian sounds for us (but for us it's Russian + Polish)

>better than german