Rate what you watch edition

rate what you watch edition

this my dog watching Days of Heaven with me. She is probably more patrician than you
last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MH_Dn_Nk5i0
letterboxd.com/sk00/
letterboxd.com/dontpokethebear/film/the-neon-demon/
letterboxd.com/Synt/
letterboxd.com/Aroodrao/
letterboxd.com/fliptrotsky/list/japan-top-100-if-ozu-mizoguchi-kurosawa-naruse/
letterboxd.com/Unrequited/
letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
letterboxd.com/hugemoff
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this steakbro youtube.com/watch?v=MH_Dn_Nk5i0 ?

Official /lbg/ Shitposters to Avoid, 2016 Edition:

dropout_bear
jackieray
link_gorro
lozjudai
machill54
nosaj
smoothhands
steakbro
CobraRocky
Sheepsterp
Synt
myrmician
m_obvs
rostova/
steakbro/
coryburning/
nuts/
belisarius/
sjutten/
bvgf/
mollykins/
kirbytalksfilm/

IRC and Discord lads are good posters who make good posts- most of the time, at least.

can we leave the memory of discoshits and ircretins in the last thread? can't be fucked scrolling through an entire thread of baiting which isn't film related whatsoever

don't be retarded, that's like the majority of this board.

this
it's called meming, user
fact: if you didn't actually know who went to IRC and who didn't you wouldn't be able to tell by them posting in these threads
t. someone who doesn't use IRC

yes, thank you.

>lozjudai
>synt
arent shitposters

It is already derailed because of them. See

letterboxd.com/sk00/

Rewatched Close-Up with the commentary by Rosenbaum and Saeed-Vafa, which was pretty interesting. Rosenbaum kept interrupting and talking over her though, which got annoying.

Also, I loved Late Spring. Beautiful shots, beautiful music and beautiful performances by the entire cast, especially Setsuko Hara. I really enjoyed the lighthearted (at least the first half or so was) and playful tone, and I found myself smiling and laughing throughout the film.

The only Ozu I'd seen prior to this was Tokyo Story, and when I watched that one I saw a bit tired and unfocused. So it might not be a fair comparison, but I very much preferred Late Spring over Tokyo Story. Or maybe I just prefer Ozu's more lighthearted films over his more somber ones.

What Ozu should I watch next?

Hey guys, I wrote it
letterboxd.com/dontpokethebear/film/the-neon-demon/

Watch I was born but...

Lozjudai is an anime shitposter and Synt is a batman superman shitposter. Nice try, ircfag.

letterboxd.com/Synt/

Any brits looking forward to The Neon Demon tomorrow? really surprised by the wide release it's getting.

Ozu's failure as an artist is a reflection of the Japanese people as a collective lacking empathy and conception of the numinous. His films lack 'that spark of emotive connection' because his people lack the internal awareness and emotional volatility that permit European art to communicate on a more profound and abstract level, just as they lack the ability to relativise their experience of reality. The results – as women are incapable of making art about anything other than their vaginas, so too are the Japs incapable of making art about anything other than being Japs.

Well, considering you have only seen 2 films, you should simply watch quite a lot more before making definitions about even your own preferences about his work. But you said maybe, so take my words with love.

lol what? I'm really not.

>Synt is a batman superman shitposter
"I do not enjoy little bit of un every now and then
-lbguks

>anime shitposter
>use reaction images
come on

>le neo-neo-neo-neo-neo-/lbg/ers dont remember the true menaces to society

trust me you'd rather have these folks than acid, tsar, hentaicop, healey

If anybody is shitposting right now, it's clearly these retarded crusaders for quality, in battle against le epic enemies from the irc/discord. Nice going

I enjoyed Tsar, acid and cinebro way more than anything in the past 3 years. At least the three of them had something of worth say about cinema.

I'll check it out, thanks.
Of course, got any certain recommendations?

Yeah I am, will watch this weekend, really looking forward to it.

Tony Garnett is a cool guy, about to watch Handgun.

shut up acid you loser

nice shitpost

Thanks I worked really hard on it

A nice one is to leave the color films for after you have seen a sizable portion of the b&w ones. The effect is quite more rewarding this way when they come.

the only thing of value they offered was showing prime examples of how not to discuss films

hello dog

Tsar is one of the worst patricians of all time

I'll keep that in mind.

It's really a shame tsar doesn't post about films any more.

Even when his opinions were wrong he'd speak at length about them with a passion that literally nobody in these threads any more has (or at least is able to articulate)

kys nubox faggot

Lel nope. Nice try though.

I got a Snapchat video of her watching raging bull with me too. She looks at the screen for a half hour at a time without moving sometimes. She's literally better at watching movies than most people I know

letterboxd.com/Aroodrao/

"Clean, Shaven" was so fucking uncomfortable I loved it.

>Posting your profiles
Well hellooooo reddit

I wanna fuck that pupper

a bvs shitposter that is. If people want to diss me then at least get it right.

>not posting a profile but shitting on someone else
Well hellooooo reddit

Avoid autistic posters
Do not reply to autistic posts

oh gosh :3

anymore good east asian film noir?

watched high and low it was good

She's a good pupper

>gurls start using these threads
>they go to to complete shit
what a surprise

looks very comfy 5/5 nice pupper pls post more pics : 3

BELFAST
E
L
F
A
S
T

there's no grills on the internet

Go away, we have a new waifu

>start using
>they GO to complete shit
Anyways, anyone can always come up with a new enemy who's responsible for the bad things in what was before a land of good

Reminder that I will fricken k*ll you if you continue to post at nosaj the way that you are posting at nosaj.

Nah, it's a random uggo dumb doge

is she part cat? what's her name

Take it back

> having your tv all the way up there

Is this the 'good film discussion' discogs/irc shitposters practice?

There's one question about film that has zero replies

Feel free to leave at any time :^)

It's ONE on topic post out of many that was only posted 11 minutes ago in a thread that lasts for 12 hours sometimes. Kill yourself you low attention span nigger

>be a Civil War buff
>have never seen Gettysburg
>decide last night to sit down and give it a shot
>start watching it at 11 PM
>have no idea that it's 4 and a half hours long
>2 hours and 45 minutes later
>still the second day of the battle
>pass out
>now I have to rewatch the final 2 hours sometime today

Jesus, how did this thing get released in theaters? 4 and a half hours? What the fuck

>Civil War buff
Whose side are you on?
Team iron man all the way!!!

>be a Captain America: Civil War buff
>have never seen The Avengers
>decide last night to sit down and give it a shot
>start watching it at 11 PM
>have no idea that it's 1 and a half hours long
>45 minutes later
>still the second day of the battle
>pass out
>now I have to rewatch the final 45 minutes sometime today

Jesus, how did this thing get released in theaters? 1 and a half hours? What the fuck

Gee I wonder what could be behind this post.

Stray Dog, The Bad Sleep Well, Branded to Kill, Tokyo Drifter. The Jap film noir movement wasn't really that big. Post-war Japan was going through a huge cultural change and didn't have time to make crime drama. China, Korea, SE Asia were all uneventful places until the 50s and 60s.

anyone got a starter pack/entry level for Asian films (not animated)

>Kurosawa
>Ozu
>...
I'd also recommend John Woo but those are just fun action flicks

just pick one and watch it, they arr rook same just like the asian people

Ye

Check out this list:
letterboxd.com/fliptrotsky/list/japan-top-100-if-ozu-mizoguchi-kurosawa-naruse/

i hate japan

cool thanks (wasn't me who did the spam post)

Yes, it is. But there are other ones, like The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, first 6 episodes of True Detective S1, lots of episodes from TTZ, Mad Men, Alf, etc....

What did he mean by this?

I don't blame you

Is the Sopranos tvkino?

to the late lad of the last thread reposted now

TD S1 was pure garbage though.

nah

letterboxd.com/Unrequited/

Whoever has The Red and the White in their favourites here, thank you.

Why is it always Dublin or Belfast? There are so many better places to visit.

Why was it?

I was kinda unimpressed with Tati´s"Jour de Fete".

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

Come on man

Don't tell me you were fooled by its cringey art, cinematography and star power

take away matthew and woody and its as bad as s2

letterboxd.com/hugemoff

Confirmed for illiterate prole.

illiterate prole is what describes the mental gymnastics of pizzahack during both seasons

Haha

Trying to remember a movie I watched, maybe you guys can help since you seem more patrician than the average Sup Forums pleb.
It was a Eastern European movie about miners or workers who get stuck below ground. It follows them trying to escape as well as the townpeople's efforts to save them.
It's in black and white, and I wanna say it was post-ww2.

What exactly are your criticisms? What do you find 'cringey' about the visuals? Post examples.

S2 suffered because it expanded the main cast tremendously and by doing so it had to spend too many episodes fighting for focus with each of them, making half its audience lose sight of the actual plot. Out of place dialogue became the only thing left the people to get attached to. Hence the Vince posting.

Season one just had Matthew and Woody playing off each others character profiles during the interview so there was never any doubt about the story. They literally sat down and told us it openly, even through the contradictions, the other person always cleared it up. With that script they could have hired anyone half decent and for the most part it could have gone well because the chemistry was there from the get go. They're offering simple interpretations of a single opposing character for us to follow and watch bloom on screen into something far more complex. You can't do that with multiple people in a few episodes.

It's not 'star power', it's just utilising the powers of a timeline well.

Why would you post that pic? Now I won't even click on your profile

Kanal?

No it isn't a war film.

Synt is just as good if not better than any of them.

Stop fucking replying I was just shitposting like holy shit goddamn this thread is 2easy2bait

I feel bad even baiting you fucking morons

You okay?

fuk u