Alcoholic thread

Alcoholic thread

Finally decided to take a month (at least) off the sauce for the sake of my liver to heal up a bit

Day 5 and i'm ready to kill myself, but i've made the commitment to myself, so i'm gonna go through with it

Sup?

why not extend this month?
sooner or later you will regret it and only pity yourself

>extend this month

you mean stop drinking for longer than just one month? i might, but as i said, only day 5, and i can't even imagine making it 5 more days, much less a month, much less longer than a month

that bridge will have to be crossed when it comes...

I can imagine that I won't get worse than it is.
Keep your mind occupied with something other than alcohol. It'll be easier.
Or are you satisfied with how you live your life - being an alcoholic? Are you?
I don't think you are, because if you were, you wouldn't take a month of. You know you are ruining yourself.

>I can imagine that I won't get worse than it is.
I can imagine that *it* won't get worse than it is.

Well, i do know that i'm ruining my health over time, but really at this point i'm only doing this to bring myself a little peace-of-mind that i gave my liver some time to heal

and honestly i'm using it as an excuse, at this point anyway, to look forward to getting right back into the drink and loving it all over again

see, that's the problem, i love the bottle far too much... far more than my body is capable of coping with

i would like to blame my family, both mother and father sides with a long history of alcoholism and multiple deaths from it, but i know i have let this happen to myself

What you do is your choice man, whether you drown yourself in alcohol or self-pity.
But I just keep thinking that people like you will one day have a sudden change of mind, being finally able to make a turn-around... but it will be too late.
What if this addiction of yours is the only thing keeps your from living a better life? One may never know until he tries it out.
One thing is certain, if you don't shoulder this burden but decide to swallow it instead, then your life may be too short to ever find out.

i do appreciate these kind and optimistic words, and although i do not really have it in me currently to reach, or even fully agree with such a level of optimism, i am taking your words to heart and will remember and contemplate them

depression is a hard fought battle

I am also an alcoholic. I took time off to recoup and instead drank everyday. I am drinking right now and its 6 am. I get to drink later tonight because I'm going to a wedding.

I need to not work at a bar. And get more hobbies. And become an adult. And stop beginning sentences with contractions. Wait I forgot what contractions are am I right? I don't want to google it.

>*Conjunctions
fixed that for you!

hello my fellow alcoholic!

well, you may have fucked up, but i can assure you one thing... you are currently feeling much better than I

Depression is a battle you can very hardly fight alone. As a student I was stationed in the psychiatry for a few days, and two of those days were mainly focused on depression. These people come in miserable conditions. Unable to fancy things they loved before. The therapy consisted of medication and various socializing group activities, such as a walk in a park or a small workshop creating objects out of wood or painting sceneries.
If you are truly depressed, than without external help you are pretty sure to not get better.

But I do not think that you are truly depressed, you likely wouldn't be here.
I think you just have to crawl out of your hole and just fight with yourself. Make progress with ever step you take, and not quit the first setback. I don't say it will be easy. It will be painfully hard, you may fail once or twice.

But once you succeed the taste of success will be better than any alcohol you have ever tasted.

I'd be happy for you user.

Yes that is an accurate appraisal of me actually, I do enjoy living a lot, hence why I want to do this for the benefit of my health and my future

Thank you again for you kind and sincere words also, these things can be a rarity nowadays, especially on Sup Forums

I have actually done this once before. I had a drinking problem before, and gave it up. did not touch a drop for a little over two years. however, when i came back to it, i loved it even more than before

I can guarantee you I will not break in this first month, and it is good to know you are backing me. only time will tell if i can push on after that

bro, I count on you. I will keep you in my thoughts.
Please do not didisappoint me, this world is already sad enough as it is.

When you feel miserable, think that it can only get better. Understand that the bottle you love so much will just be another nail in your coffin.
As seducing as it might be, this love you are talking about is purely onesided. You just have to learn how to love yourself more, than you love liquor.

>You just have to learn how to love yourself more, than you love liquor.

Thank you again for this user. i also feel that way about the world....... that it is a very sad, hopeless, and frustrating place to be a part of. however, you have done a large part in proving me wrong, so thank you

however, i will still continue to post with alcohol pics, because i have not been fully cured yet, you know? lol

Take the first step and trash all the alcohol you still have. in the near future don't even step near liquor stores. Ask people for help. Neighbours, friends or family. Some people love to help.

You helped me in a way too, user. You made me realize how insignificant my problems are.

Unfortunately I gotta go, if you ever need someone to talk, feel free to write me.
I'd also love to hear about your progress.

here's my email:
[email protected]

it's an old email, so i dont care if people spam the shit out of it.

see ya pal

have a good life my friend, if we should fail to write each other again

Holy fuck! I'm an alcoholic, been dry 4 years, and even I wouldn't touch Wolfshit!
>Engine degreaser

lol believe it or not, i've had worse vodkas..... i think so anyway.... though i couldn't tell you what they were..... probably a truthful indication that they were very, very bad

That shit is pretty bad too.
My go-to was Popov or taaka.
Serious tho bro, the other user is right; you need hobbies.
>Idle hands
You need to replace one habit with another habit.
And dump your drinking buddies

well, that's part of the problem... like George Thorogood once said, "When i drink alone, i prefer to be by myself!!!!!"

that being said, you can imagine that the drinking managed to work it's way into just about every one of my solo hobbies

so i suppose maybe getting a whole new set of hobbies might be the ideal path

Your singin' to the preacher.
You haven't hit rock bottom yet, your not done with your drinking career.
>I quit for a month
>So I MUST have it under control
Right?

You're not sick and tired of being sick and tired yet.

Try to stay out of trouble, at least.

What's the cravings like for alcohol?
I love drinking but I can't easily go weeks without thinking about it.
Is it anything like cravings for tobacco?

yes i know that to be true, i'm only 5 days into that month, but i'm going to get through the month, it's a promise to myself

after the month though, i fully intend to dive in even deeper than before

and yes, i will stay out of trouble you can be sure. actually, drinking alone is generally what keeps me out of trouble, if you know what i mean? i suspect if you are another lone drinker, you probably do understand

it's significantly worse than cravings for tobacoco

i haven't smoked in almost 5 years (5 years in February) and the mere thought of it disgusts me completely

even when i gave up drinking for over 2 years, all i could think about every time it came up was how great it was going to be when i decided one day that i deserved to have a drink again

it's probably different for everyone, but tobacco was a very.... "shallow" craving for me. intense, but shallow. i feel alcohol in my bones

How much did you drink everyday?

>i suspect if you are another lone drinker, you probably do understand
Maybe your not as ignorant as I thought.
Yes, that was exactly my problem;
>Being alone and bored was a huge trigger

Good luck bro, you're in for a rough ride but I hope to see you at the end.

fuck off whiteknight faggot.
>trash all the alcohol
are you retarded? just sell it and buy weed or heroin

well i didn't always drink every day, but i'd say an average of about a gallon of vodka worth of alcohol per week, which comes out to almost 80 "standard drinks". that includes beer and whatever else, i dont alawys drink vodka exclusively

yes thank you, maybe we will meet again

well i'm off for now my friends, ill leave the thread open and see what else has been said later on

Try thinking about the things you might do while drunk: can you do any of these things while sober? I find that for me, a lot of the drive to use alcohol was to just get myself to an honest enough place that I could actually allow my mind to relax and not judge my thoughts. But it's possible to get there without the actual chemical, provided you can trigger memories and maybe try meditating or using some sort of substitution method. I know the deep, visceral urge of the actual chemical - trust me, I do - but that's just a strategy you might employ.

(And I have had friends literally drink themselves to death by organ failure by their mid-thirties, so I do know how important it is to beat this disease, OP - keep fighting the good fight).