Sup Forumss Best Album of All Time Tournament - DAY 4 (Part 2)

Today we'll be voting on the third round.

For discussion:
Which albums did you root for in the first round?
Which albums did you root for in the second round?
Which albums are you rooting for in the third round?
Which album do you think will win and why?
Which albums should've been included in the tournament?
Does this tournament have the potential to reshape Sup Forums and Sup Forumscore?
How often should these tournaments take place?

POLLS HERE: pastebin.com/rqUR3a2Q

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sui_generis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is yeezus this overrated because of being a meme

I think it's a meme because of how overrated it is.

Yezzus this is looking bleak...

Discovery even more so.

Reposting from last thread
Next year we should do a bracket without Sup Forumscore, and then the winner of that bracket can participate in a bracket with Sup Forumscore only

Holy shit, people weren't kidding when they said that this tournament revealed Sup Forums's collective plebbery.

Looks like the next round will be:

>OKC vs Loveless
>Low vs ITAOTS
>Pet Sounds vs Spiderland
>RiL vs Deathconsciousness
>STGSTV vs Madvillainy
>Banana vs LYSF
>Kid A vs MBDTF
>ITCOTCK vs Fishmans

My prediction is

>Loveless vs ITAOTS
>Spiderland vs RiL
>STGSTV vs Banana
>Kid A vs ITCOTCK

>Loveless vs Spiderland
>Banana vs Kid A

>Spiderland vs Kid A

>Spiderland wins

thank fuck

This board's become a laughing stock
;_;

Well nothing I liked won. Goodbye.

>Pet Sounds will win

Sup Forums is basically /r/radiohead.

F

The whole concept of Sup Forums core is kinda shitty, because it is teaching newbies to like what everyone else on the board likes

I wish

almost all albums that should pass this round are losing

>mfw Close to the Edge lost
>mfw Flood lost
>mfw Bitches Brew lost

Fuck off Sup Forums

After saying I like DD, Gorillaz, and Discovery.

Kid A will win

Can conform.

memerap has ascended to the king of this board

I blame P4K

>post rock plebs unironically not letting Yeezus win

JFC

>yeezus loosing to flood
disgusting

But it didn't

>flood losing to yeezus
even more disgusting, and the reality

I agree. Even when I first joined this board I didn't go straight for the Sup Forumscore. I decide to listen to albums based on whether the cover or the title catches my eye. That's the reason why I didn't end up listening to "Sup Forumscore essentials" like Loveless, Soundtracks for the Blind (this week, actually), ITAOTS, Trout Mask Replica and MBDTF until years later. I don't like the concept of Sup Forumscore, but I guess if you're going to join a community you gotta know what's hip and cool and all that jazz before you start posting. But then people just never try to expand their tastes because they're lazy or they think they're "patrician" enough to stick with what they're listening to. Maybe I'm just looking at it from an entirely different mindset, because before I came to Sup Forums I was already listening to a lot of lowercase and some noise too, so I guess I wasn't totally blown away by all this "new and exciting experimental music" from the Sup Forumscore charts. I'm not the supreme judge of everything on Sup Forums, so I guess my opinion is kinda irrelevant. It's just sad to see all these kids going around thinking they're music gods or something because they read Pitchfork and listen to Kid A and The Money Store a few times every week. Well, whatever. I'm just a guy on the Internet. What do I know?

>Spiderland ahead of The Glow
>Madvillainy over Moon and Antarctica
>Velvet Underground over Ziggy Stardust
>LYSF over Yeezus
I've never seen such shit taste.

I think I'm gonna make one of these prediction charts. Sounds like a fun time.

>LYSF over Yeezus

uhhhh how tf is that wrong? everything else you said doesnt add up to that

>he thinks Yeezus deserves to best LYSF

This is the smartest thing I've ever heard on this board. Nicely done. I try to do the same kind of thing you do, and I'm glad there's someone on here who does something similar

>he thinks the glow is better than spiderland
>he thinks MoA is better than madvillainy
>he thinks ziggy stardust is better than TVU&N
>he thinks yeezus is better than LYSF
pleb spotted

Godspeed are artistically irrelevant. Their revivalist, pretentious beating of the dead horse of prog rock and no wave is really unimportant and not worthy of praise

Yeezus, meanwhile, is Kanye at his best and is essentially a postmodern sui genris

you lost me at "Kanye"

calling Godspeed no wave gave it away as bait. nicely done prior to that, though

>I try to do the same kind of thing you do, and I'm glad there's someone on here who does something similar
Yeah. It's nice to just go with whatever you want to listen to without trying to be a "certified patrician" or something like that. Keep doing that.

(you)

Why is Rock Bottom losing to Fishman's? Fishman's is OK but it's no Rock Bottom. I don't think most people on this board have heard it.

bye reddit

>genris
Stopped reading there.

Anybody gonna point out that it's "Kind of Blue" not "A Kind of Blue"?

i like you

I always find it weird that just listening to harsh noise (which I enjoy) makes you a "poseur", probably harkens back to the reaction to the "true patrician" image. Thanks for the (You)

Kanye's extremely reddit though

The fact that Geogaddi was eliminated immediately only tells you how far Sup Forums still is from becoming a serious board.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sui_generis

Not surprised a dumb post rock fan doesn't know Latin

this

>future days is about to lose

>latin

who tf are you trying to impress?

Yeah. I think that the community is just so poisoned that anybody who enjoys listening to harsh noise and other similar abrasive genres is labelled as "poseur".

Sorry to inform you, there's better music than BOC

>when the b8 becomes the b8ed

I like you. What's your favorite band and what did you want to win from the beginning (if you don't want to seem biased or something then no need to answer)

I have never seen a thread discussing Geogaddi on Sup Forums while I've seen plenty of Laughing Stock threads. I know that's not complete proof that Geogaddi's a worse album but it shows that it's not as popular on Sup Forums.

It shouldn't've even beaten Fust

I picked almost every single losing albums

My taste is an outlier apparently, I think that's not a bad thing

myself, with my knowledge and fluency in most ancient languages including Greek

fucking brainlet no wonder yeezus is too deep for you

I just think the whole, "YOU HAVE BAD TASTES, KYS!" is just dumb and immature. Maybe that's why this board isn't taken so seriously.

ITAOTS is going all the way to the top. It'll barely beat out Loveless tho

final 4 will be

nmh
slint
anco
itcotck

>Godspeed
stopped reading there

>yeezus
>deep
you cannot be saved

Even metal is labelled poseur or edgy. A lot of people here seem to like their rock and stick to it

Loveless is so fucking boring. How can anyone like that album?

um. they dont find it "boring".........?

Final 4 will be

>ITAOTS
>Madvillainy
>Spiderland
>MBDTF

My favorite band is Anco, but a lot of my favorite albums are from artists I don't listen to much of. They inspire me a lot when it comes to making my music. I know I just went off on kind of a rant about Sup Forumscore, but they caught my attention pretty early on and I've been obsessed with them ever since. I find a lot of solace in their lyrics. I don't care too much about being labelled (especially on an anonymous imageboard populated by high-schoolers and NEETs), so say what you will.

As for the second question, I'm not really rooting for anybody. I'm just observing what's going on.

Exactly. Everybody on this board's gone through a "true patrician" or metalhead stage, and there's a lot of albums from those phases that still stick with me (The Downward Spiral, Spiderland, Deathcrush, Summit by Thou) because of the emotional significance more than the musical content itself. So it may be edgy to be emotionally connected to a metal album, but people who judge you for it will never understand how that specific album helped you.

This and the whole "true patrician" and Pitchfork + Sup Forumscore fiasco is exactly why people don't take us seriously.

I think Loveless is alright. It's certainly important to Shoegaze, but if you take that part away it's just "pretty good". It's one of the weaker Sup Forumscore albums, IMO.

It's literally just guitar noises.
Anybody who unironically likes it is just an edgy hipster who smokes weed

I feel ya, man. I just want to talk about albums or artists I like without everyone saying I have shit taste.

>just guitar noises
dropped

>an album with guitar is literally just guitar noises
really makes you think

Yeah. This board specifically has a really toxic culture that I haven't really seen anywhere else.

its really a shame. Everything has to be labeled on this fuck ass board, though alot of it is just based off the fan bases surrounding the artists, which the artist cannot control...

Adding ungodly amounts of reverb and tremolo on your guitar for 11 songs is a shitty production choice.
If the album is going for that, a boring hipster guitar project, then admit that. The album is a gimmick at best.

it's one of the best experimental albums ever made and perfected the shoegaze sound. It's one album where I truly grasp emotion, just from the sound.

Yep. It's a real shame. It's really upsetting when artists who are really nice or make really nice music have some of the dumbest and most toxix fans.

Anyone got a scan or HD cover of Otokotachi no Wakare Fishmans album?

>toxix
For Christ's sake...

Sounds like the name of a crunkcore band

Why was not Thick As a Brick included?

kek

Nobody nominated it, I guess.

Sup Forums comes to mind.
Like the other user said, people are too obsessed with labels. They want to identiy as being emo, gay, punk, metalhead, girl, boy, Sony fanboy, Nintendo fanboy, hip hop head, whatever.I don't get why people just can't find value in something without dressing themselves in lies. They cover themselves in makeup

How tf does ASTRAL WEEKS lose to Moon and Antartica...

Exactly.

>Yeezus won against Flood
That's it I'm out
So much for removing the 'memes' before making the brackets

typical rockist attitude

Yeezus always seems to get a bump in votes during the night time.

Don't get too confident in LYSF just yet.

Are there ANY neck-and-neck albums? It seems that everything that is winning is winning by far

>really toxic culture
That's just Sup Forums, but it's definitely gotten worse over the years

Everybody knows that Sup Forums isn't exactly the friendliest place, but it's definitely started getting worse over the years.

At least Sup Forums is entertaining us with this whole Shia fiasco.

>best prog rock lost vs an outdated experimental hip-hop record
???

>Poster complains about an incredibly well-made composition that merges several genres that has never been since losing to a par album at best
>HURR HURR YOU'RE A ROCKIST
Sup Forums at its worst

>Kid A wins over ITKOTCK?
Lol fuck off

Here's my prediction chart.

Sorry bud but it was against Laughing Stock there. I love both albums but I'd say that one's the best out of the two. I'm glad this shithole can at least appreciate it (I suppose Sup Forums likes post-rock in general, the problem is that third-wave post-rock is mostly trash).
Also I should say you fucking shitters know jack about electronic music so why should I care anyway? Y'all listen to the holy Sup Forums trifecta of SAW, Geogaddi and Untrue, and nothing else. Besides some genres, the fact is that for electronic music singles > albums, besides some genres like IDM here, but there's also plenty of great IDM out there that you memers could only dream of finding, bacause you only listen to what Sup Forums spoonfeeds you.