Where my /bass/ at?

>tfw poor
Also forgive ugly filter

everyone come be a fa/gg/ot if you're not already

>2017
>playing guitar

reddit the instrument

how is that black betty cover coming up senpai

Why didn't you use the money of the Epis and save a little to buy a decent copy or a used real gibson?

Because I was young and stupid
Uni doesn't give me much time for playing anyway, but now I'm saving for a Gibson LP Junior, I hope money comes
Also lel captcha was a guitar

the more the merrier

Shit lighting but o well

Finally bought a nice US strat and gave away my old awful cheap one.
I bought the yamaha acoustic for $20 from my friend about 6 or 7 years ago and it was the only guitar I used up until now.
The bass belongs to my other friend, neither of us knows how to play it hilariously.

Next I'll probably save for a really nice acoustic that plays and sounds good.

Hey user. I'm thinking about grabbing a bass. What's the difference in sound between j-bass pick ups and soapbar pick ups. Also, I was looking at the dimensions and they are about the same width so it seems like a j-bass pick up could potentionally fit into a soapbar cavity. Is there any kind of converter cover to allow me to put j-bass pick ups into a soapbar cavity?

Also, which gives me more options in terms of aftermarket pick ups j-bass or soapbar? Who makes the best bass pickups?

but isn't Epi's G-400 pro like a legit buy?

2ashamed2post mine
I have a chinese squier bullet strat I found in a recycling bin

the potentiometers were broken and the paint's chipped in some spots but it sounds half-decent, detunes easily tho and sustain lasts for 2 seconds
Have any of you used the kazrog plugins? I like the hi-gain sounds but I can't really tell about its' quality since, you know, beat-up squier thru shitty tascam interface isn't ideal...

That isn't the pro, i got it 7 years ago or so, maybe more, before they added pro to the models
But still I quite like it and it's been good to me for all this time

help

My instrument kills fascists

it can't be any worse than my sg dude

Squiers ain't so bad, but the bullet series is a shame to the brand
Try to get a new one m8

>try to play guitar
>all my chords sound like shit
>need at least 5 seconds between chords

how do I improve fast please? ;_;

what in tarnation

Practice lad, there is no other way to it

can you give me good exercises to do

The basics are best, try to always warm up, go up the strings, from fret 1 to 4 and up one string, starting again with your index finger, move your fingers up without taking the others of the fretboard until is time to change their position, this will help your fingers to find their way easier across the frets, start slow and don't rush things, practice can be boring but is necessary, strum all the notes you play, this way you will know if you are pressing down right

Play songs you like. Stick with easier ones and then when you get better go on to harder ones.

Is it typical for there to be a guitar thread on int?

Basically it's the sound you get, the soapbar or p bass pickups have a mellow sound to it, deep no matter what but J bass pickups tend to be less bassy, like finer sound to it, without getting into technical details, it's all about what sound you like more. I personally recommend getting a J(azz) style bass because it's easier to shape it's sound and good to begin on bass.