1080 or 1440 on a 980ti?

1080 or 1440 on a 980ti?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ds1hXCAeSew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1080 and light 1440 like you can dip your toes in with it kinda like a 1070 on on 4k very light but more for 1440p.

You mean resolution?
It'll do just fine on both,1070 handles 4k/max on even extremely un-optimized games like ARK just fine. The 980Ti and 1070 are very similar in "power",OC your 980Ti and you'll be golden for the next ~ 2-3 years.

wat?

1070 can not 4k game on max settings are you actually mad?

define "handles 4k/max"

5fps isn't playable

please tell me you think a 400 pound card can 4k game on max? maybe on indie games but on triple A titles like rise of tomb raider theres no chance.

Actually 1070 handles 4K perfectly well.
As i said,just go on youtube and search up "ARK 4K 1070" and you will see that it gets perfectly acceptable FPS on what is basically the least un-optimized game of the decade.
I'm sure it can run many,many other titles at 4K/60FPS if it can run ARK at 4K.

can 1440... buuuuut better play 1080 at max at 60 fps than max at 40 fps

oh look someone with a brain.

Retards.
Is it THAT hard to just google it?
Do i have to do it for you?
Okay.
youtube.com/watch?v=ds1hXCAeSew
40-60FPS on ARK/4K/Max/No AA (not that you need it at 4K.

I play 1440p with a 290x and can max a bunch of the newer games today and keep 60 fps. There are a few which I can't but with a 980ti you shouldn't have a problem.

>un-informed
>stupid
>does not research the topic
>is on Sup Forums
>thinks next gen card can get 5FPS at anything
I'd say he's pretty empty up there,along with you.

really impressive graphics, spazlord, almost like 2011 all over again

>hur dur it runs 4k/max
yeah, when it looks like a graphical achievement from 6-7 years ago

Since we're on the topics of GTX's. I have a GTX 970, can I have a reason why it is under performing from the specs we were promised (since it has a lawsuit for the specs) I kinda notice it but I don't understand like what is wrong with it, but I do wanna get a 1080 though.

970 runs overwatch at 4k 60fps (medium graphics settings) just fine.

Nvidia is working with big brother telemetry and such, better to go amd rx 470/480, nvidia is profiting off of lower quality hardware. They have not made a nice gpu since gtx 650. With hardware optimizations rx 470 = gtx 970 and new updates it will meet 1070 evantually. Also vulkan dx12 etc..

I have a motherboard that supports crossfire and raid, what is the best amd graphics to crossfire? I have a msi z97 pc mate

Msi Gaming Raedeon RX 470 GDDR5 4GB Crossfire FinFET DirectX 12 around 200$ amazon , this card can run any current game 2016-2017 at high frames and high to ultra settings best bang for the buck imo

1080 here and love it.

>least un-optimized
this would mean most-optimized.
you're slipping, son.

I'm running a 6gb 980 TI and love it.

yeah I am thinking about buying a 4k HDR TV so I think I should get the 480's unless they have even better ones I usually keep up with Nvidia so I really know nothing about Raedeons

>4k HDR TV
>gaming

Ill jus leav dis here

If you can afford it id say get 480s performance 470/480 are both great for itll be great for 1440p gaming, hdr and 4k im not very keen of it varies with different tvs youd be able to play games looking crisp at 1080 on 4k tvs because hdr tvs have input lags its good for movie but not gaming again it varies by which tv you have. Bottom line rx 470 is cheap uses less power consumption for the 8gb model in comparison to rx 480 which has a higher clock speed and higher memory bandwidth both cards are future proof for atleast a few years to come.

720p, Nvidia have already started to gimp the performance now it's officially an unsupported generation.

This thread is brought to you by the dev-team of Ark, desperately trying to get people to buy their turd of a game.

my brother made me buy it. needless to say I banned my own brother from steam