Christfag here...

Christfag here, can someone tell me if atheists actually exist or if its just edgy virgins on the internet trying to be superior.

Have you ever met an atheist in real life, because I only see them on the internet, the concept of not believing in a god is just idiotic to me.

I feel bad for those who argue against me. They argue against the literature every atheist scholar I've read.

I be atheist, my friends be atheist, but my family be Christian. Rip

I'm an atheist, but I'm also an edgy virgin on the internet that likes to feel superior. So who know?

kek, but seriously you really dont believe in a god?

I'm an atheist as are most of the people I know.

Not even one. I do like the literature though

but why do you choose to ignore obvious evidence the bible is real. Do you think it makes you cool

I don't doubt that the bible is real. I've seen bibles with my own eyes. I simply believe that it is a work of fiction. Do you think not believing in Quetzalcoatl makes you cool?

im an atheist, not doing it for the edge. its more about how the only presentable evidence for god is a book written by fallible humans. and when asked how they know i get a response like "you cant disprove him" thats no where near enough evidence or argumentative logic for me to believe in a god. yea the guy in the picture is a bit of a dumbass, but most atheists at least the ones ive met are just average people who dont see enough reason to believe in a transcendental entity. Im open for discussion if you'd like to speak about theism though.

there is no evidence of Quetzalcoatl, but there is lots of evidence proving the bible to be real

Probably bait but whatever.

Have you ever heard how Sweden? 90% dont belive in god but we still stand for christian/western values (except being raped by africans)

HOLY SHIT IT IS REAL! LOOK AT THIS BIBLE. beyond that, if there so much evidence please show me simply ONE piece of that "evidence"

Im OP im also an atheist, my bait worked but i caught a bunch of chill level headed fish instead of angry neckbearded ones, abandon thread

Yeah, true Point to the fiction Thing. Or better boosting Events bigger then they realy where. Maybe some of that stuff happened. But like all media it gets hyped to a certain Point where it Looks totaly Alien to us now.

Who knows what is real. I believe in the chaotic order of everything and nothing. And the afct that we all fight for Change and shit.

Provide this evidence.

Most ppl belive in"something" but not god per se because u cant proof or deny anything about a god but commen sense say that your christaian god JHWH are just one out of many

Y r Amreifats so sure that their god is the right God?
Hail for Tor, the lighting god and ruler of Mjölner

bump

Really, I don't know why this is up for debate. Not because I have a strong opinion on the one or other side, but if you break it down, every religious debate ends with the question if you believe or not. There will never be solid evidence of "god" or another almighty entity to exist, nor will there be evidence against it. Dunno, believe whatever you feel like, as long as you don't get on my nerves. Been an agnostic, since my parents put up the question if i wanted to be in church. Never cared or missed something, but who knows, maybe I'm going to find myself being faithful as fuck. I studied philosophy and i really find this to be a non-debate, cause there are few solid evidence based arguments.

Czechfag here

We are considered the most atheistic nation. Most people here just doesn't give a shit about church/religion.

(unless you mention refugees/islam, then it's muh christian values)

le edgy fedora atheist is le american meme xdd

I have, in fact, met a few in real life, however, I suspect most of them of being attention whores. Why would a true atheist waste so much time and energy explaining to others this disbelief?

to Americans god is Yahweh, to Indians he is Vishnu, to Arabs he is allah. The truth does not act this way, in America 2+2=4, in India, and in the Arab world 2+2 is also 4.

You see the funny thing about the truth is that it will remain true, even if you weren't raised to believe it. The truth does not require indoctrination, communities, traditions, institutions, governments, apologetics, stigmatization, tribalism, incentives, or punishments. Yet without these things religion would utterly disappear, never to resurface. The truth however will remain true and available to be discovered even if nobody spreads it. Whether it be by the edge of a sword, the point of a gun, the explosion of a bomb, or from a parent to a child.

maybe one day, religious people will ask themselves why religion requires so many dirty tricks to be believed.

well im open to discussion, the concept of believing in god seems just as idiotic to me.

part 1/2

As nature reclaims abandoned American homes, as our infrastructure crumbles, and our science standards fall behind. 4000 new tax exempt churches pop up in america ever year. not for Santa, or the tooth fairy but for this so called god. There are hundreds of thousands of them outnumbering schools, restaurants, stores, museums etcetera. These churches fill my neighbors and friends heads with ideas and notions of god. A god who’s everywhere all at once. but despite this they have to go to the church to give him money. then they go knocking on my door with their supposed holy book, waking me up, every weekend. not to tell me about santa or the tooth fairy, but to tell me about god. At my door to tell me how “broken” or “unworthy” i am. if all this were done in the name of santa or the tooth fairy, might you have something to say about it? The book of this supposed god is the best selling book of all time. Not because people want to read it, but because it gets pushed upon everybody. laid atop every church seat, or stuffed in a hotel room drawer, given freely to children, or grasped in the sweaty grip of every preacher on the street corner with his blow horn waxing poetic about my impending torture.

There's no precedent set for Quetzalcoatl existing though. Nobody actually believes he exists anymore so he is bad example.

Christians think other religions are misinterpretations of YHWH anyway so it's not that they don't believe in Krishna or Quetzalcoatl, it's that they believe the representations by Hindus and Aztecs were incorrect and/or Satan worship. Thus the "you're atheist about Zeus" argument is folly.

this thread is now public property

THIS IS THE WORD OF SATAN

2/2
there it is written by people no different than you telling us how and what to believe. they aren’t talking about the Santa or the tooth fairy, but if they were might you have something to say about it? you say America was based upon christian values not santa or tooth fairy values, and few politicians are even considered electable without this obligatory “god bless america”. no different than it appears on countless billboards and bumper stickers, placating the masses all who need you to be like them, unlike santa. our lives are governed by these politicians whose policies are dictated by the “God believing” majority, not the “santa believing majority”. But if it were might you have something to say about it? Because these politicians profess to believe in the same just and good god as you, of course we would expect them to behave most ethically, but do they, of course not. contrary to that its the non-believes who aren’t trusted, maybe thats because of the slander spread about us from self-proclaimed “fair and balanced news”, all the way to the book of romans the propaganda from ages past which they parrot, often without thought or empathy, or maybe its because we dare to object against this supposed god. If this situation were reversed might you have something to say about it? to put it bluntly, i don’t talk about God because I know he exists; i talk about god because I know you exist.

not a neckbeard nor virgin, but i do have unanswered questions that are never answered by the theists who purport to know god. Well, if the Abrahamic God exists, then He needs to be told a few things. The things He needs to be told, in turn tells us volumes about His true nature: that God’s specific type of localized old world ignorance curiously coincides with the localized old world ignorance of those who told us of Him. Furthermore, Billions of people claim to “know” God. How could they all be wrong? Simple. Just listen to them. If ten people claim to know your friend Jimmy, yet they all describe Jimmy in different, incompatible ways, then either they don’t know Jimmy, or Jimmy has been doing some lying.
The argument i often here next revolves around morality, so to you i pose a question. That question is “is murder wrong because its wrong, or is it wrong because god says its wrong. if its wrong because its wrong morality doesn't require god but if its wrong because god says its wrong morality requires god.”
This is perhaps due to plain ignorance or emotional bias, many religious folks think and spout divine command theory as if it hadn’t been soundly defeated thousands of years ago. The funny result is that theists are often operating under the misapprehension that atheists cannot account for morality, when in actuality, it’s exactly the reverse. Now id like to say, God does have a creator, but it might not be who you think it is. Ironically, it was God who was intelligently designed - not us. Id like to end by saying If the Abrahamic God is real, then He cares more about the rapist's freedom to rape, and the murderer's freedom to murder, than He cares about the lives of their victims. The free will which i hear bout constantly, is not free but instead is based in favorability, and gods incompetence.

bump

instead of talking about it, your play to convince me is show im "cringy", curiously the opposite isnt it.

And somehow here you are wrong. If you accept the fact that you are a victim you will be one. So step up and move up to rank.

To the God has a creator as well. I would say the Lovecraftians may have the right idea. But then Atheists don't believe. So the question is do they exist? If yes then they believe in something. They have a Goal. And even believeing in Science is a Religion of their own. So checkmate.

But who am i to judge People. I mean Satanism was created by someone who worked on a carnival. And Atheists follow the church of Science.

Sorry but you are insane if you do not see that religion/belief in god is in decline, and on its way to extinction. Also, in a completely atheistic society (nothing against it, per se) YOU could easily be targeted, as they naturally will have less inhibitions. I myself, see no reason to spending my life disproving fairy tales, that are mostly irrelevant, and on the decline.

its not my lifes quest to take down the religious establishment. however, i did at one point under bushs presidency write that as part of an essay. so now, religious fanaticism is on the decline, but i think to some degree i want to see some of my questions answered.

ill respond to you in the next post

I'm agnostic, because no one knows shit, and if they say they do they're lying.

Do that ^^

contrary, claiming victim in a state where theres no victimization to be had is a complex.

no, they dont "believe in something" i believe in reality whats testible, i dont believe in something without evidence. Science is an objective testible model of reality, it doesnt require belief for it is the most accurate perspective on reality.

Oh go on, I'll bite.
I don't believe in a god - the idea of a supreme being who created eveything tutting and ticking some box on a piece of paper everytime I touch myself for pleasure is something I find ridiculous.
I am a nice person though, I don't need the threat of eternal damnation to be nice or charitable to other people (of any or none religions) when required (without stating my belief!). I do it because it's nice to do so, and if everyone did the world would be a nicer place.
Just to annoy you I have two children who were born out of wedlock. I live with my girlfriend of 19 yrs (we're not married) and if you think that's wrong that's just fine - I genuinely couldn't give a flying fuck.
I only replied to your post to make you feel better and superior to me :)

You think religion is on the decline, as a direct result of some essay?

Asking on the internet if atheists exist in real life.

Sorry, me again - I just realised why you only ever see them on the internet.

hardly, im stating the post was written at a time where religious fanaticism was still going relatively strong.

You seem to be alluding to this.

You've literally never tested anything yourself, yet you cling to "science" or what has been told to you.
Honestly, how many studies or tests have you done to prove anything that has been taught to you?
Do you know why the sky is blue?
Do you know anything about space travel?
Are all the elements accounted for in your own collection?
Is everything of to real?
If you honestly think science is the only pure honest untainted thing on the planet your a moron.
Science is and always has been conducted by men who want to be famous and the truth doesn't mean shit to them.

Depends. I mean if you are hapy to be Held down then so be it. But sometimes a small fire turns into something bigger. It is all in nature and the reaction to a chain of Events. Sure still a bad Thing, but hey, see it that way. You can decide wha you do.

You know People want to turn the believeing in reality into a Religion of its own? And like i said. So many Atheists or People who chant that god is death follow science like a Religion of their own. Only that their gods are the scientists.

oh my god, you couldn't be more wrong

And yet, religious retards believe something with literally zero proof.

The whole concept of religion is "see this thing here? You can't and I can't prove that there's anything there... But... Just believe it's there, kay?

I'm American. Fuck your sadistic YHWH, and take my ass to Valhalla, pretty please. Drink, fuck, fight, repeat. Sounds great. Just hope there's a pinball machine or some shit. Anything gets boring after an eternity.

This comment, especially, the first two sentences were true.

On what? The fact that i would Punch someone on the face for the fact that he does the same to me (Statement one1)

Or the fact that all the edgy scientists Followers have their own Religion called science? Which is funny. Cause science is much more then a answer to "Thats why God and all religions are dead you Little blind sheep" (Statement 2)

If you say i am somehow wrong so please Point to the Thing i may be wrong about?

God I've done did it now

Agnostic CAN be a position, but it usually a descriptor of 2 positions. Agnostic Theists believe there is a god, but do not know for fact. Agnostic Atheists do not believe there is a god but cannot know for sure. Anyone claiming to be purely agnostic simply hasn't done any research and is too lazy to de IDE if they believe god claims or not. It's fucking asinine.

Then you are not ready for Valhalla Welp. There is no fun like drinking and fighting. Day after day after day. For all eternity to bath in the glory of a good fight and then to raise the Horns to fill you stomach with met. That is the glory of Valhalla.

Decide* Fucking Google keyboard.

dude religion is really just an american thing right now.
europe is basically christian but people don't really believe in it anymore.
thinking logically and believing - really believing in a god portrayed by any religion is incompatible.

sure, there might be something outside of our perception that we can't measure (yet), but to claim you know what it is and how it created the universe and everything... that's just silly.

Following science. And i will not throw it in as a Religion Thing. We may be already dead. The Big Bang that happened left an echo and we are all part of it.

If you didn't realize already, there are only three groups of people
>Theist
>Atheist
>Sensible People
The two group listed above likes to talk about their belief, where the others will keep their damn belief to themselves since it don't really fucking matter anyway

The concept of personifying omnipotence is stupid to me. If there is a "god", how the fuck can it have an inclination to good or evil when both are a perception of how you think? Bullshit. Having no answer is the best answer, if you're not on the fence you really haven't thought about it.

I don't believe in a god.

You're probably not wrong. I'm a third degree red belt with 3 stripes in Wado Ryu/All American Freestyle. Is that good enough?

this

lol, NO. There is ZERO evidence the bible is real, anecdotes are not evidence you poof

If there was a god, it still wouldn't matter. Big whoop.

>body type: rather not say

You've clearly done fuckall research. You're claiming agnosticism to be the right position when it is a prefix to Atheism or Theism, dipshit. That's like claiming the engine is the correct part of a car to be a car and ignoring the other parts required. You pseudointellectual dipshit.

this doesnt warrant a proper response, but ill give a rudimentary one. Blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky. astrophysics has never been my forte, but nasa .gov should give you all you need on space travel. i dont "Collect" elements, oddly enough i dont like the radioactive ones. or the ones artificially created in a lab that arent even available to the public. No, science isnt a closed subject its always changing, but the fact is science is still the closest thing to reality we have.

ebin

wait were you in a thread last night, i recognize the picture.

Not that guy, but the concept of your belief is yours alone. Big fucking deal. You missed the point.

MA could work. Mix in weapons and your afterlife in Valhalla will be fun. You will Encounter various good warriors, you will drink a lot of good alcohol and you will also fight the Owners of the Halls as well and you can say that eternity never will be boring.

These threads are fucking cheap. Mention religion or atheism, and you automatically get several responses. When have you ever seen such threads 404'd immediately, without any response? People need to move the fuck on and forget these boring subjects!

Funny that my Religion is based on a game. But it works in this enviroment as well. And Hell is it a good Thing to have.

Yeah, go tell em, Beet.

Yup, its from the Middle Earth legendarium "The Silmarillion." About the past leading up to the events of the hobbit and the lord of the rings and how the events after lord of the rings would have been fucking nuts.

also check my ebin nums

OP: I even told them it was bait:I regret everything

HOLY SHIT GOD IS REAL

I'm atheist, so are 2 of my friends.

No. No. This isn't opinion. This is language. Agnostic is to Pre as (A)theism is to Algebra. There are very few WHOLLY agnostic people in the world, and I can't see how anyone could look at all the evidence available and be like "Well there's just no way to tell!" The theistic evidence is folly at best, bronze age bed time stories to make heathens behave. It was the smaller caveman with the bigger stick. It's like threatening to have a nuke and never showing any evidence of it ever. So if you're truly, completely agnostic, I can almost guarantee you that it's from lack of trying.

but their fun

Agnostic here and ye we exist. Truthfully believing in imaginary friends and invisible people is something children do and seems to be childish to me for adults.

Yes christfags atheists do exist

and your god is a busted outdated lie that we were able to finally shrug off because we live in a free society

I see, yes you did.

Then you're an agnostic atheist, dipshit.

JESUS FUCK HOW MANY PICTURES OF THE FUCKING PEANUTS DO YOU HAVE

QUINTS GET

And if you just don't consider the possibility that there may or may not be a higher power, "being" or otherwise, you haven't thought about it in the slightest.

lucy has a flat chest
it's user's fap folder

not enough

Not true, I would like to believe in them as well but I have yet to see enough proof to convince me to do so. T 48 years old I doubt it will ever happen either.

what the hell

I'm an agnostic atheist, but nice try. You're just too limp-wristed to establish which side of the fence looks closer to reality to you.

Also, it's a binary question. You're claiming a tertiary position. There either is or isn't. Maybe isn't a position. It's specifically a lack of one.

same here

I've actually only fapped to her twice, and they're my most shameful

OP why are you so insecure about your shitty religion?

Obvious bait is obvious

agnostic = retarded
atheist = retarded
agnostic atheist = double retarded