Rick and Morty isn't funny at all. Standard issue sitcom. Wants to be as detailed and sharp as Futurama...

Rick and Morty isn't funny at all. Standard issue sitcom. Wants to be as detailed and sharp as Futurama, but fails miserably.

Why do people like this show in droves? It doesn't seem to break any comedic molds. It follows the Seth MacFarlane formula almost to a tee

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This

It's better than most other tv garbage.

TV SHOW SPACE MAN DIMENSION HAHA FUNNY JUST LIKE OTHER SPACE CARTOON FUNNY HAHA HOW COME PEOPLE LIKE?

that's like your opinion, man

I considered the following and it's wrong, people like it because its better than all the other horseshit out there.

Funny is subjective.

I think Rick and Morty is really important though, as it's an extremely intelligent cartoon. Most, if not all the jokes in the show are for people of a high IQ (M theory, quantum physics, other various scienctific theories). There's not a lot of shows out there for the intellectually exceptional. It's truly brilliant.

So you must like Big Bang Theory since it deals with similar topics?

Also, that's just your opinion, just like how me being sexually attracted to children is "wrong" is an opinion as well ; google "nudism" and go on images.

Seth mcfarlene rehashes 70s80s90s tv....rick n morty create new concepts.

Gatta get schwiffty nig nog

It has some really unique plot points.

I probably would, but I don't rot my mind watching live action. Only animation and art.

Jokes aren't about subject matter they're about execution, and Rick and Morty plays like a very digestible CBS sitcom in the same fashion as The Big Bang Theory. Another criticism I have of the show is that it explores science themes that are, for the most part, laymen in nature, and then it rewards the viewer for having understood that concept rather than setting up a good punchline. It kind of tricks you into thinking you just witnessed a joke. A lot of jokes are also derived from how drunk and irritable Rick is, but it just comes off as one dimensional. It's as if the script was written without a second draft or somebody there to critique the lines and make them better. The show sets up story and character interactions very well, which makes it even more disappointing that we get mediocre jokes.

I've considered the following but you're still a faggot OP. And your opinion means very little me. Shwift out.

first post to read on my birthday. if dubs you're wrong and have to leave Sup Forums forever.

rerolling for those WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUBS!

TINY RIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

This...?

>Rick and Morty isn't funny

Humor me, tell me a funny show. Let's see what you think is "humorous"?

i enjoy the show but it sadly doesn't do anything new.

>doesn't do anything new
>does something different in literally every episode

The fuck you going on about?

I said one in the post. Futurama. My standards aren't even that high. I just think Rick and Morty is standard and carelessly written.

Not talking about story. Talking about jokes here. The jokes fall flat and venture very dangerously into Family Guy territory.

Futurama? You're comparing a show that has seasons ahead of another show? Are you fucking kidding me?

>carelessly written

That's kinda of the point...it's sad I have to point that out to you.

Family guy talks about social things, rick and morty talk about theory and questioning the very existence of mankind.

I think you're missing the point if you think Family Guy and Rick and Morty is the same thing in terms of joke. Or you're trolling....please be trolling.

Always wanted to find your favourite snap chat leaks? Use this tool today & thank me later lolol

Indeed

By carelessly, I mean it seems like they're wasn't enough of a polishing process. Every episode feels like a first draft when it comes to the jokes. The story is fine. In fact I can often find myself getting engaged with the animation and concepts, but the meat and potatoes of the show is unfortunately its weakest quality.

Indeed what? Just saying "indeed" doesn't tell me a god damn thing.

I think that shows with those topics are usually fine. Where the Big Bang Theory falls flat is in their execution and writing. It could be a funny show, but the writing is awful. The first season was good, but then it just got much worse.

Not trolling. I think they both have a very shallow wit to them. I imagine lots of teenagers and stay-at-home moms watch this show.

are you complaining that a cartoon show isn't high quality and more intellectual than any other comedy show?
okay?
sign me up for your blog.
can't wait to hear more of your ideas.

You sound like a picky bitch, the whole point of the show is to flip scientic theory on it's head: not to make you wish you were watching futurama.

The fact I have to explain it to you, is REALLY sad. I understand if it's not your cup of tea, but saying it's not humorous I feel that you're only looking at the surface material and not what it's actually saying or referencing.

lol thanks for the comment don't forget to like and subscribe.

I thought the point of a comedy show was to make you laugh and subvert your expectations.

How much have you actually watched then? How can you compare it to the humor of family guy?

Then you are the minority, the show is popular. I'm not one to usually follow the sheep herd but...maybe you're just too dumb to GET the humor?

>family guy
>rick & morty
what kind of stay-at-home mos do you hang out with?

It means I was agreeing with your point nigger.

I went through half of season 1 with some friends the other day. All I'm doing here is questioning the writing staff. The show doesn't seem as sharp as it could be considering it's high production value and ambition.

>laymen in nature
found the idiot

Futurama isn't as funny as Rick and Morty. Futurama had way more slapstick physical comedy than, Rick and Morty. If you consider a lobsterman going wop wop wop, and side shuffling off screen as sharp... you have bigger issues to deal with.

it's almost like posting bait on Sup Forums...it's not funny yet people like to do this shit in droves.

/etc /etc /etc /bin /grub /kernel /init

kys nobody cares what you like or have a problem with you are a kyke pawn living in a country designed to be the kykes sword. kys.

>gave a show 5 or 6 episodes a chance.

>calls a 2d animation that was made in 2015 "high production"

Are you literally fucking with me right now? Or are you really that disconnected from reality and the current times?

Why is this not on >>Sup Forums?

Exactly. Hes a pseudo-intellectual, moronic, fuck face.

>Half of season 1
So you watched around 5 episodes, you didn't even give it a chance.
Those first 5 episodes are some of the worst ones.

Sup Forumstards only migrate onto other threads, not other boards.

Plus they wanted guaranteed replies.

Top kek

ITT bait biting faggots waste their time arguing.

tell me this: when you die, before you slip away, will you be thinking about this moment and how you "sure did tell that guy off" or will you be thinking about how you wasted most of your life doing this petty ass boring shit?

probably should just kys now.

>says "top kek"
>thinks that disproves anything

Found the toddler too stupid to understand a cartoon

clicking on all those links took longer than it did for me to post this reply

wow, you sure did tell all those guys off

Says the guy who spent 10 min clicking every post in this thread.

Eh, it's something to do to pass the time I suppose.

>before you slip away, will you be thinking about this moment and how you "sure did tell that guy off" or will you be thinking about how you wasted most of your life doing this petty ass boring shit?

I could be asking you the same thing captain hypocrite.

You sound like a fucking Neckbeard. You believe that you're "intellectually exceptional"? Anyone who thinks/says things like that are usually dumbasses that think they're smarter than they are.

only takes you that long because you're a limp wristed beta faggot. get gud wrist hand - there is something for you to do instead of waste your life.

btw, someone has to make a sacrifice to save the rest of you. but if you choose to be a worthless piece of shit, so be it. i won't stop you. besides no room in my world for limp wristed faggots, enjoy your life of biting bait slackjaw niglet.

only took 11 seconds to click the links and 22 seconds to write this. worth it.

There is always exceptions to every rule.

Where is your rebuttal now?

i am jesus christ here to save you. insult me if you will. enjoy your eternity biting bait. faggot. stop projecting your failures on to others. learn to evaluate your own realities. fucking millennial

I can't say I'm stupid, but I find it funny how this user seems to think that a show is that deep. It's a good show but I would necessarily call a show for smart people and high IQs.

>but if you choose to be a worthless piece of shit, so be it. i won't stop you.

>made a reply to literally try and stop us

Captain Hypocrite strikes again, take a fucking bow you moronic piece of shit.

Where'd you get that gif of Skip Bayless?

>there is something for you to so instead of waste your life

Nice garble. Credibility ceased at that precise moment.

Wouldnt*

i hope you remember this moment in your final moments and get a kek or two, because you wasted it and i was right...but at least it was a Sup Forumsro who had the last laugh on you and not some feminist or nigger.

keep biting my bait. i own you. slackjaw

>Doesn't know what projecting means

>Projects his own feelings about millennial people

What a moron

No where did I say the show is "deep", you're putting words into my mouth faggot. Stop it, it doesn't make you right.

i own you. keep replying. slave nigger. im such a piece of shit yet you waste your life replying.

what does that make you?

tl;dr
lurk moar i own you now too.

You posted a gif of tom cruise, you're not allowed to make any logical rebuttal.

>Oh fuck, I'm a hypocrite, now what?
>it was bait you faggots
Nice save

i dont like the cult following around Rick & Morty.

Like i watched it, I had fun, it was alright. I laughed.

That episode where the ship protects summer was pretty funny.

...HAVING SAID THAT, i've met a lot of people who treat it like the second coming: buy the dvds, watch the episodes over and over, buy the shirts, keep praising the show endlessly (dude there's just no other show like it its SO intelligent its got scientific shit in it)

treat it like holy text "Can you believe they fucking hired female writers?? THOSE CUNTS WILL RUIN IT. How dare they change it?!?!"

i mean i'll prolly watch season 3. once.

i'll still hate the try hard fans.

>reading is hard!

That about sums up Sup Forums in a nutshell. No wonder people on here can't understand Rick and Morty.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

If all rules have exceptions then even the rule that states that all rules have exceptions must have an exception, or the rule is proven false. But if it does have an exception the rule is also proven false, because then there is a rule without an exception, which is what the rule is saying cannot exist. In fact, it is a rule that is self annihilating.

Hence the statement that all rules have an exception must be false.

i like rick and morty, and i like trolling all of you niglets. look at all the maddies cuz baddies.

i've seen repeatedly, nerds who are low on the social totem pole try to use 'get schwifty' as a joke to boost their social standing, eagerly glancing left and right, waiting for people to laugh eagerly at the joke from their favorite show

>Stop liking what I don't like: the post

People like what you thought was ok, it's ok underaged faggot, it happens all the time. Get used to it.

uhh he said tl;dr to you to make you reply again. and you did. you honestly don't think he read it? you are a new level of stupid. stop feeding the troll. abandon thread.

you know thats not what i mean.

some shows, like steven universe, just get a toxic annoying fan community

I never said you said it was deep, I said you thought.

Just OP being a total fag, as usual

you spelt champ wrong.

You posted a gif of a dancing monkey, like that will sway me to believe you.

It's still tom cruise, that is fact.

>I don't understand how trends work

Get out from under your rock once in a while.

>sway me to believe you
you keep biting my bait. believe it or not dip.

the big bang theory is not for smart people, it is ABOUT smart people. the average viewer must have the IQ of Penny on vicodin

it's shit tier and nothing comparable to Rick and Morty. R&M would be closer to Futurama when it comes to its smart level

>implying I care

>I said you thought

Think you can read minds now faggot?

this

my thread faggots. i won. now gtfo or keep biting.

you care. you keep replying. you care.
:D i own you and your care.

my little pet.

Or that you're biting onto mine.

Who hunts the hunted user? Tell me that.

In fact, don't tell me. I'll tell you...I do.

ITT: Rick and Morty faggots

All of your replies have been lame so far. Was hoping for a good argument. "Tom Cruise".... My original point of you being a dumbass has just been further proven. Keep on thinking how "smart" you are, kek

why are you replying to my fake samefagging?
thought you were smart, can't even tell when samefag?

dumbfuck confirmed. everything he said we should forget.

>please stop replying to me

I'll fucking show you

>I don't get it so it must not be funny.

beta confirmed. sorry user but you a gay.

S-sorry user for lying I don't read minds

Agreed. These faggots arguing over who's trolled who. It's fucking cringy.