What rap will I like if I like Kendrick?

What rap will I like if I like Kendrick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

west coast rap, g-funk, and underground concious rap

Aquemini, Follow The Leader, Low End Theory

specific artists pls

Homeboy Sandman

Kendrick continues 2pac's legacy so start with that. It won't be tough because his first album was pretty good.

Then just follow this, probably hitting some major ones first like The Chronic or Warren G's Regulate.

Conscious shit brings to mind rappers like Doom or The Orphanage (Eyedea, Aesop Rock, Slug, Illogic) or Immortal Technique. All who I would say have made good and cringey records as it is a tight line to balance.

>Doom
>Aesop rock
>Conscious
stop being silly, user

YOung THugGa

More kendrick

What kind of Kendrick fan are you? Do you like the west coast instrumentals? Do you like the lyricism? Do you like he fact that there's someone in 2017 who will attack and fiercely spit on the microphone?

instrumentation

nigger like modern or smooth or boom-bap

Kendrick just stealth announced his new album and no one is talking about it, why?

>Continues 2 pac legacy
Nigga, Kendrick is MILES away from 2Pac, stop hyping that nigga up cause he was important.

Yeah sure he is important but he doesnt hold a fucking candle to Kendrick or other great rappers from NY.

The fuck are you talking about. You have zero clue of how big tupac is and was.

He's a cultural icon and known worldwide, like it or not. His voice had a unique energy that connected with an entire generation, his story was interesting, and he made good music. He doesn't have to be the best. Dre isn't the best rapper either.

Thats what im saying, he's big because hes culturally important, he's not a great rapper is what im saying.
Thanks for proving my point you little bitch ass nigga.

Good is subjective but his music was definitely not good besides some hits, his albums were all trash.

tupac is a great rapper and kendrick is not. both of you are dumb

>Literally saving Rap alone
>not good

If that's what you were saying you're a giant retard for thinking Kendrick is that level.

>he's not a great rapper is what im saying
i disagree, he has a lot of good qualities

>hurr not good
I've seen at least 4 of his albums on different Sup Forumscharts, he's had 2 go 10× Platinum, and his first album alone has some great tracks that tell me what a scrub no-name you are

Aesop Rock.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA

he's not doing that though
rap has been dead for awhile now d00d. hip hop culture was swallowed by mainstream pop

don't believe me? nicki minaj and iggy azalea are considered rappers? yeah.... think about that....

>muh mainstream rap is shit so all rap is shit.

>nicki minaj and iggy azalea are considered rappers?

by literally who? Feminists, white people, and herself? Literally no one takes her seriously in the rap game, and I don't even know who the other person is.

>d00d
>. h
>....
>....

Take your garbage high school self back to the youtube comments, faggot.

kendrick lamar is mainstream but he still isn't good. what is your point?
>garbage high school self
>diss?
I am not sure whether to laugh or cry.. um wow

>post one of the best song of the best album

You did well senpai.

>kendrick lamar is mainstream but he still isn't good
>diss
>.. um wow

(You)

great post

this is specific but I like that little high pitch shit he does with his voice on songs like institutionalized or more extreme end of maad city for example

Mick Jenkins

Kendrick is not an interesting artist and the fact that hip-hop is still so easily categorized is proof that it has a long way to go before we consider it a serious art form.

WE WUZ

Well if anything he's proved that rock/indie fans on this board are super butt-hurt over the success of rap

>indie fans

You do know indie fags idolized hip-hop artist you fucking pleb

>im telling you man, rap is dead today and wont make it to 1994.

>dont believe me? criss cross and vanilla ice are considered good rappers? yeah.... think about that....

Vince Staples
All of Black Hippy
Danny Brown
Most Def
Run The Jewels

Aesop Rock, CunninLynguists, Pusha T, Kanye West, Danny Brown

Ab Soul is too religious tho.

Swap out Ab-Soul for Eyedea then

Basically.

>religious

>Shades of Blue
>Hip Hop